AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-01, 20:47   Link #221
Rosa_Gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
The family, in particular ugly fingernail big sister, does NOT trust Kippei, but impatiently waits for him to molest the little girl. Angry girl needs to drive over a bridge that isn't there. She's a Buddhist, right? A few incarnations as a small blood-sucking insect might bring the point home... The only good person beside Kippei (in so far as he qualifies) is the 12 year old. She's the most mature of the bunch, and that doesn't mean she's acting above her age.

I know not all people can come from a good family, but this family made me invent a new word: "dysctional" ... dysfunctional without the fun! No wonder that woman ran away from her child, she's probably saddled with the same sick genes.

That said, this is perhaps the cutest anime, or visal production at all, I have ever seen. The love between Kippei and Yuzuyu is like a piece of Heaven. They are so sweet! And the drawing style fits totally in its over the top cuteness. If I had been able to take screenshots, I would have used them as wallpaper.
what 12 year old? if you mean kippei's other sibling...it's a he ^_^;
Rosa_Gigantea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 14:12   Link #222
sainfate

I love this series and its been only 4 episodes, it will be definately on my list to buy when it comes out in english...^____________^
sainfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 14:57   Link #223
Itlandm
Porcupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa_Gigantea
what 12 year old? if you mean kippei's other sibling...it's a he ^_^;
She's a he? Well, then he does act more mature than expected! Perhaps he'll grow up to be a nice and pretty boy like Kippei.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 22:31   Link #224
frowndog
Poof... time warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainfate
I love this series and its been only 4 episodes, it will be definately on my list to buy when it comes out in english...^____________^
Unfortunately, series like this with absolutely no blood and guts, no big explosions, no action, no boobs and no sex, rarely, if ever, get licensed.

Hopefully I'm wrong though and if I am, I'll right there in line with you to buy it when it comes out
frowndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 22:58   Link #225
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!

Generally speaking I loathe series of this nature but I've fallen in love with this one. It's an absolute joy and afk is doing a fantastic job on it. It's a shame there is no episode this week; I cant wait to see the next one!
Meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 22:59   Link #226
Budweineken
Crap

I wasnt thinking of watching this, but I'm glad i did, I just like the fact that not everything is happy and cutesy... i think that the bitch girl made this series more worth seeing...

one question.... is the artist from this series the same as One Piece? the drawing style look familiar... especially the skinny bodies and the facial looks and expressions
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 23:02   Link #227
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!

Heh, nope -- Eiichiro Oda has only done shonen series and considering how insanely rich he has become from OP, I'd imagine if he did more manga it'd follow suit The art in AiBaby basically looks exactly like every other series that comes from Ribon.
Meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 23:04   Link #228
Budweineken
Crap

Oh I see... I'm just not very familiar with production and artist groups and such... maybe because I never bother to look into who is making the series that I watch... I have to keep in mind to do so in the future... ignorance sucks
Old 2004-05-03, 02:11   Link #229
frowndog
Poof... time warp

The art style actually looks very similar to Ultra Maniac both from Animax so it could be because of the animation company although they both are serialized in Shueisha Ribon

No episode this week???
Old 2004-05-03, 02:36   Link #230
Budweineken
Crap

If not mistaken... i think it didnt air this week... probably someone mentioned it earlier
Old 2004-05-03, 13:51   Link #231
oDin01

You mean I have to wait 1 more week for a new episode of Aishiteruze Baby.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 08:16   Link #232
frowndog
Poof... time warp

I'm actually looking forward more to an ep of Aishiteruze Baby than... oh, I don't know, Naruto or something. Bummer that it's not showing this week

Oh well, no one ever said that anticipation was a bad thing. All the more time to enjoy the goodness of Aishiteruze Baby.
Old 2004-05-04, 19:25   Link #233
The Undertaker
OCTB Undercover

I really hope it passes 26 episodes
The Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 00:37   Link #234
SADleem
Backstabber of the Year

i hope they show more of this anime. it's pretty kewl and Yuzuyu is uber cute ^_^

can't wait for more
SADleem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 03:55   Link #235
marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowndog
Unfortunately, series like this with absolutely no blood and guts, no big explosions, no action, no boobs and no sex, rarely, if ever, get licensed.
And yet Koi Kaze does... wtf?
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 04:12   Link #236
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Koi Kaze has Geneon USA in the credits... I wonder if it will be the exception to that rule...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 04:14   Link #237
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowndog
Unfortunately, series like this with absolutely no blood and guts, no big explosions, no action, no boobs and no sex, rarely, if ever, get licensed...
I disagree. I can't think of any shoujo series coming out in the last 5 years or more which didn't get licensed except Marimite (and if that series gets licensed it might not be until the fall season gets underway).

I can name a couple of shows but they aren't shoujo and they are all probably 5 years old or older.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 04:39   Link #238
marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Undertaker
I really hope it passes 26 episodes
Does it have that much manga? I really don't want them to just make stuff up ala Ultra Maniac...
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 06:26   Link #239
The Undertaker
OCTB Undercover

Well Full Moon wo Sagashite turned out good, and it went all the way to 52 episodes. Hopefully Aishiteruze can turn out to be just as good or better.
The Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 06:46   Link #240
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin
Does it have that much manga? I really don't want them to just make stuff up ala Ultra Maniac...
Well I saw the manga is up to Volume 5, how many chapters is that? Is it ending soon?

I think it has enough content for 26 'filler-less' episodes. I hope Yuzuyu will stop crying and whining 'every episode' though.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance