AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 26 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 32.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-22, 12:30   Link #61
Dia
Wanna be Dollars member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Both Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist and other anime adaptions that added in filler were based on manga. This is based of a Light novel series. It's much easier to simply end it at one point and then continue on later.

I know that they are based on manga, was just an example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramong View Post
Yeah, I doubt they will come up with a magically end where all is happy and Izaya meets justice

Durarara!! will have some loose ends so a season 2 is possible, but more so to get people to read the novel
To read the novel, sombody have to translate it or all of us learn japanese xD, I hope will be a second season T^T
Old 2010-06-22, 12:59   Link #62
Ramong
Danish geek

Send a message via MSN to Ramong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia View Post
To read the novel, sombody have to translate it or all of us learn japanese xD, I hope will be a second season T^T
There is a translation going on atm (baka-tsuki)..

but I think they want the japanese to read the novel and that can be done by making the endning open so the japanese who watch this anime to want more and read the novel
Old 2010-06-22, 13:43   Link #63
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramong View Post
There is a translation going on atm (baka-tsuki)..
Baka-Tsuki's translation is dropped. Now it's a group on lj called "BangAqua" working on it. However, I prefer Anni's translations.
Old 2010-06-22, 13:44   Link #64
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
That must be a joke, right?

Ghost Hunt is on my all time favorite anime list. And it is in exactly same situation as Durarara, it is not finished and had left some loosen ends.

And it was mostly arc based as well so there is no real end.

Durarara is also arc based, this is the last arc and it will end with some loosend ends.

In order to tie them up you need to read novel or have hope in possible season 2.

So I really don't see a point of your comment, Ghost Hunt was never finished.
GH is finished novel wise, maybe not to what us fans want but Ono-sensei is not going to continue White Hearts at this point. The first set of novels which is what the anime was based on is finished, just the manga isnt. GH anime ended exactly where it should have based on manga material out. So even though DRRR isnt finished Im sure the writers can end this arc just like JC Staff ended GH, leaving a possible opening for a second season. Same with DRRR at this point, I see it simply ending how the novel arc ended, maybe alittle filler thrown in but I dont see anime original endind at this point.

Btw yes GH was arc based but there was also a real ending I used it mainly as an example that writers can end series that arent done but I was basing it more of the manga which I probably should have stated since the anime was based soley off the manga and not the novel like DRRR is.

Ok enough OTness by me

Im hoping for a 2nd season as well (course Im hoping for a GH one too ) but I dont know how much the anime covered in the novels so far or at what rate the novels come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
And he didn't as much as bat an eyelid when he did that while leaving the tweezers in his wound. I loved that little touch.
Because he is Shizuo!! The Kamina-sama of DRRR!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-06-22, 15:29   Link #65
christinemarie
Crazy One

With this episode, it become the best anime of the year.

Everything that happened as Izaya planned it, since the boring guy (leader of the Blue Square is not enough trigger.) He ask his young loyal follower to ask someone to save Kida.

His purpose for Mikado, Anri, and Kida is to strengthen their bonds (no more secrets to each other) and to expose Celty more to the battlefield which leads him to the opening of Celty's eyes.

Although Episode 24 hasn't aired yet, I'm anticipating...
Episode 25 and Episode 12.5 2011
Movie or Second Season 2012
Old 2010-06-22, 15:54   Link #66
Ramong
Danish geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Baka-Tsuki's translation is dropped. Now it's a group on lj called "BangAqua" working on it. However, I prefer Anni's translations.
Wow Anni is quite far

And yeah, not saying we will see a second season or anything like that right away, but if Durarara sells as well as I am told they would be stupid NOT to make something.
How well does the anime even follow the novel ?

Last edited by Ramong; 2010-06-22 at 19:39. Reason: a question added
Old 2010-06-22, 23:24   Link #67
Dia
Wanna be Dollars member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
the bangaqua translation is not bad, but they only have vol 1 chapter 4
I will see Anni's work

or if is not a second season maybe an OVA? don't you think?
Old 2010-06-23, 07:03   Link #68
Ramong
Danish geek

Quote:
Well, I don't know if we even get anything... We will have episode 12.5 and 25 with the dvd's but that is all we know of..
But Durarara anime only cover novel 1-3 and there is 7 out, so atleast we can wish

For now I look foward to episode 24 tomorrow
Old 2010-06-23, 09:14   Link #69
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Well we are getting the OVD epi 25, but who knows it could be a recap or something totally unrelated to what happens in 24, we wont know til tomorrow (yikes tomorrow!!) to see that happens in 24. Plus epi 12.5.

With the fan base and the fact the novels did well even before the anime was out, this is probably a good money maker so depending on how much material they have to animate from the novels, they could make another season or just do OVA's like Hellsing. Whatever they do I hope this series doesnt end with 25. Waiting for that will seem like forever
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-06-25, 20:22   Link #70
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

If there is one thing to say about this episode it is Simon being serious here=>

That was amazing that he analyzed the emotions with Kida. I was really surprised and astonished at the whole thing. A good imitation of KFC mascot=>
Spoiler:
Shizuo is berserk human that can even take bullets but I doubt that he would survive a straight shot to the brain but this scene made me a lot=>
Spoiler:
I would have liked for someone to analyze this but since episode 24 is out it might be too late still would like to get someone's point=>
Spoiler:
Horada was quite the scarecrow here or Godzilla=>
Spoiler:
Very nice setup here=>
Spoiler:
but the best was Kida taking hits and beating up all those fake yellow scarves. Also serious scene of Celty and Mikado was good. Easy 10/10
Old 2010-06-26, 10:37   Link #71
Buddy Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I would have liked for someone to analyze this but since episode 24 is out it might be too late still would like to get someone's point=>
Spoiler:
The three kings are Kida, Mikado, and Anri.
The knight is Celty, which means black is probably the Dollars. I'm guessing shogi for Anri since all her pieces are the same? Leaving Kida and other named Yellow Scarves as the white chess pieces.
Old 2010-07-02, 14:54   Link #72
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Just watched episode 23 last night im so behind on everything since my vaca

I must say my respect for Kida went up like whoa when he rolled up ready to take on the world. Facing your past and facing your fears is something we all have to do at some point so i was happy to see his growth. When he took that wrench to the face like champ picked up fought back that had to be his most GAR moment in the series.

I do like how they left the end of the episode with Anri storming in with her sword and Celty coming in with Mikado. The 3 way split scene was a perfect way to end. Especially since Anri still does not know that Mikado was the founder and leader of Dollars. Also, im really impressed with Mikado taking a stand for what he wants to protect and thats Anri because of his love for her. The situation is so interesting that the possibilities of what could and might happen has been filling my head all day.

Looking forward to watching episode 24 tonight