AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-19, 02:53   Link #1
koreanbboy

Monster is so darn confusing!!!

I just finished wacthing ep. 7 or 8... and i must say, its getting o.k... sort of....

i liked the first 5 ep. but after that, it sort of went downhill.... (the zombie guys going on a crazy killing spree... now thats corny..)

well. i have a question...

Nina says like "Everyone kind to us started dying. blah blah blah... then one day, i found out what was happening. blah blah blah"

Tenma says "The Liebert family?"

Now, the way Nina says it is that the Lieberts were NOT the first couple to have died by Johann... there were couples BEFORE the Lieberts...

So.. im guessing that the twins WERENT the children of the Lieberts... is this true? If not, who the heck gave birth to them?

IF they were the children of the Leiberts, why the heck did Johann kill his parents?

And why the heck is Johann going around killing people who were kind to him?

Why didnt he kill that blind Grandpa who was kind to him too?

pretty darn confused.. plz help.
Old 2004-06-19, 03:31   Link #2
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!

Helping in this point would truly ruin some of the future surprises for you. You will in time discover why Johan became the monster that he is today.. and further information on all of those people whom he has killed. It might be a bit confusing now, but stick with it -- it's entirely worth it.
Old 2004-06-19, 05:10   Link #3
Ri_
mangaworm

Yup, in time you'll have those questions answered... I think in maybe two, three episodes more, we're going to find out a little bit more already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreanbboy
(the zombie guys going on a crazy killing spree... now thats corny..)
Do you mean the gardener guy at the castle? Personally I found he acted bit silly too, but he was definitely on drugs.
Old 2004-06-19, 09:00   Link #4
TronDD
Team the box!

The story is pretty straight forward. By the end, all the questions you asked will be directly answered.

It is a mystery story, so you're gonna have those kinds of questions throughout. The answers are important and will be reveiled when necessary.
Old 2004-06-19, 12:50   Link #5
avmoghe

eh.. what zombie guys going on a killing spree?
Old 2004-06-19, 19:53   Link #6
koreanbboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
eh.. what zombie guys going on a killing spree?
the zombie guys that were somehow influenced by Johann.... the 2 Cops along with the gardener...

but anyways... One of the guys that answered my question....: Your picture has a picture of 2 people with the title "Monster" on it... is that like the original "Monster" series or something? cuz i dont remember seeing those 2 guys...
Old 2004-06-19, 20:01   Link #7
koreanbboy

oh.. and if it turns out that the reason why Johann is the "Monster" he is today, is because of the fact that he was an abused child when he was young, or if his parents sadly didnt have enough money to support him and he turned psycho, then im gonna be one pissed viewer....
Old 2004-06-19, 21:29   Link #8
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreanbboy
oh.. and if it turns out that the reason why Johann is the "Monster" he is today, is because of the fact that he was an abused child when he was young, or if his parents sadly didnt have enough money to support him and he turned psycho, then im gonna be one pissed viewer....
Just trust everyone here and stick with it--It is more than worth it. If you can't wait, just download the scanlations from MangaScreener and binge-read(though not quite recommended, the binging that is )
Old 2004-06-20, 01:34   Link #9
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!

The people in the picture are the two main characters from Urasawa's (the author of Monster) current series 20th Century Boys.
Old 2004-06-21, 03:29   Link #10
The Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri_
Yup, in time you'll have those questions answered... I think in maybe two, three episodes more, we're going to find out a little bit more already.

Do you mean the gardener guy at the castle? Personally I found he acted bit silly too, but he was definitely on drugs.

I thought the "zombie guy" was just looney not on drugs... plus i dont remember him going on a crazy killing spree.
Old 2004-06-21, 10:56   Link #11
Ri_
mangaworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patient
I thought the "zombie guy" was just looney not on drugs... plus i dont remember him going on a crazy killing spree.
Well maybe he wasn't, maybe he just needed some very, very badly at that moment, which might be the reason why he was so desperate to get paid and attacked Tenma while yelling, "I NEED THE MONEY!!" or something along those lines.
Old 2004-06-22, 16:44   Link #12
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meier
The people in the picture are the two main characters from Urasawa's (the author of Monster) current series 20th Century Boys.
20th Century Boys aka the pinnacle of all anime and manga.

Also, your sig is the absolute truth.
Closed Thread