Notices

Old 2011-11-16, 21:11   Link #781
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
It's more like he is enjoying this
Hahaha.

Seriously though, is the correct saying "being Lancer is suffering"? Anyone?
Old 2011-11-16, 21:32   Link #782
GDB

Episode 8 was awesome. Saber Alter was amazing, but the sudden appearance of Saber Extra sealed the episode. Wasn't expecting that at all.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 21:45   Link #783
rpgman1

Really enjoyed episode 8. Poor Lancer being fed to Lion Saber. As for maid Saber, well it was worth watching Gil turning 180 once Saber Alter/Dark Saber appears. She does not want to be Gil's possession. Now I could see why Caster wants to have Saber and dress her up in various costumes. Red Saber from Fate/Extra makes a surprise appearance and she wore that costume on purpose.

Can't wait for Season Three.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 23:20   Link #784
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Saber as a maid now that just hot
Old 2011-11-17, 01:14   Link #785
potchip

Need...more...Akiha...
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 01:37   Link #786
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The part with Saber as a maid was hilarious!
And i was surprise to see Saber Extra at the preview.
Old 2011-11-17, 02:47   Link #787
HandofFate

I lol'd when Gil was throwing out gold bars and rubies.
Old 2011-11-17, 02:57   Link #788
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think Saber turned Gil into her possession by the end of that bit. And he liked it.

Did Saber just suggest grilling the weak? Like Lancer?
Old 2011-11-17, 08:08   Link #789
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Oh my. The latest episode (8) is probably my favorites alongside the first one and ep 5. Saber as a maid, Gilgamesh being cocky and ordering Saber around (and then getting owned), and Berserker... causing destruction as usual .
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 12:39   Link #790
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Need...more...Akiha...
You know, that is so true. I am surprised we haven't seen any more of her. It's a shame. Such tsundere goodness.
Old 2011-11-17, 15:15   Link #791
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Need...more...Akiha...
I second to this. Since they already give a sakura episode, I hope it would be Akiha this time
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 16:13   Link #792
jonli
JONLIの憂'

This one is the best episode so far. They reached my expectations twice. While I was enjoying all that Saber fan service I was thinking : "d'aww but I wana see something sweet between her and Shirou" then they did . Then when Saber Extra appeared (seeing as I've never played the games) I was wondering to myself why her dress is a see through, then Fuji-nee asked her out loud XD.

Awesome. More Saber please! I want more Saber interaction with Arcueid actually.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 17:32   Link #793
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Lancer is always the best meatshield for entertainment

Saber as a maid just killed me
Saber-Alter made me get on my knees and praise the almighty one.
Saber-Extra gave me a heart attack with the sudden appearance and the best first impression.
Old 2011-11-17, 17:43   Link #794
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Ah! maid Saber... why wasn't that cannon, it would have made the Fate route at least visually interesting

Also why some people flip with the Sakura episode Being my favourite character (along with Fujinon and Magical Amber... for the obvious pattern), I found it hilarious to invert her personality within a different context; in other words, this is how you would present her story to brain-dead housewives (commonly referred to as the general public), instead of... well... us
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 02:12   Link #795
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think it's because it's essentially making fun of what many frothed and raeged as a really fucked up issue in Heaven's Feel. It's like making fun the Holocaust to someone that was there. Sometimes there's a line not to be crossed.

I found it funny though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 02:52   Link #796
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't that be more like a Holocaust Survivor making fun of the Holocaust? It is still in poor taste, but they can get away with it.
Old 2011-11-18, 04:47   Link #797
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think it's because it's essentially making fun of what many frothed and raeged as a really fucked up issue in Heaven's Feel. It's like making fun the Holocaust to someone that was there. Sometimes there's a line not to be crossed.
These lines are transient and have to do with political correctness that changes more often than people are willing to acknowledge... so no for art, humour, etc. there is absolutely no line that can be crossed unless one is a bigot that wishes to keep his blindfolds instead of facing reality.

Now, HF was my favourite arc (storytelling-wise), because it presented that fucked up situation tastefully (yet not graphically enough for my likes), while taking clearly a certain stance on the subject. The same is also true for CP, but from a completely different (if not opposite) perspective; where HF took a more feminist (with the original meaning of the term, not the degenerated modern one), while CP stood clearly on the modern, yet tradition-bound asian societal outlook.

Talking about terminology, yes the holocaust was a tragic thing, dwarfed by the crimes committed against gypsies, communists, poles, serbians, and greeks... as well as the gang-rapes, mass murders, etc. committed by the winners and their experiments that were carried out by them and their former enemies during and after that war. One (but definitely not the only) of the reasons all these are very close to repeat themselves again (for a third time) is that people don't want to cross those lines and stay comfortable in their transient little worlds
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 12:35   Link #798
Vicious108

Quote:
The thing is... the Holocaust was a real event that actually happened.

Heaven's Feel? Yeah, no. Writers shouldn't need to be worried about not crossing lines when it comes to making fun of pure fiction. Especially when they're the very same ones that wrote the story that's being parodied in the first place.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 17:18   Link #799
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

I found it funny though.
As one of our famous humorist said: "we can laugh at everything, but not with everyone".

In this particular case though, I agree with Endless Twilight. It's a fiction. Sakura is not real, so of course you can make fun of her. I've played the game, I sympathized with her plight, yet I still found that parody hilarious. Of course, anybody is free not to find it funny if they don't like that kind of humor. However, if they don't find it funny because their tragic waifu is made fun of... that's a bit scary.
Old 2011-11-18, 17:21   Link #800
ukulelembo
Detective

Ep. 9:

ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fate/extra, fate/stay night, melty_blood, tsukihime, type-moon