AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-29, 07:55   Link #1361
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
The scene from episode one might not happen on account of the fact that when simon had all those alternate dimensions around him you can see a pic from the first scene in episode one.

Also, if anyone cares there's a refrence to transformers in ep 15 some ganmen are shaped like the symbols for the decepticons and the autobots. You can see the autobots ganmen when the front view of the capital is shown with all those ganmen in front of it and you can see a decepticons ganmen undernerath a bestman battlship as it is firing missles at the gurren brigade.
Er yeah... I think someone talked about it in the ep 15 thread.
Not only transformers, there were other mecha parodies as well in that ep. But good for you to spot it. I didn't spot it at first.
Old 2007-09-29, 14:31   Link #1362
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

What do you think the odds are of TTGL getting some sort of continuation? Be it a movie, another OVA, second season...
Think about EVA, it's still popular to this day, with a seemingly never ending supply of sequels and such. I'd just hope that Viral would be concluded, but I guess a majority of that chance will depend of the outcome of the next episode.
Old 2007-09-29, 17:23   Link #1363
watta

watch yoko die last ep
Old 2007-09-29, 21:13   Link #1364
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

The popular Yotsuba theory is episode one was Boota's dream. I wouldn't feel too bad about that if Boota didn't turn back into a mole-pig, which brings confusion since the "dream" Boota was clearly older than the shota one.
Old 2007-09-30, 11:30   Link #1365
7Th
Mixtape

Villain for season 2 will be Gimmy, believe!
Old 2007-09-30, 11:32   Link #1366
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Villain for season 2 will be Gimmy, believe!
That means it won't be.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-30, 13:41   Link #1367
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
I am going with my own theory..

Future GARlock, the apprentice of Simon.

Gimmy looks like a cool candidate, but with different VA and different hair color, kinda blew it away... and yeah, is this guy mid 30s!?

GARlock (real name currently unknown) is the kid Simon was teaching how to use a drill in the epilogue. At some point later the kid found a core drill while digging around an old ruin. Simon quickly becomes his master and teach him the spirit of the true man along with how to use Spiral Energy. Before he died GARly and meet with Nia, he entrusted the kid to Boota. He of course gave Boota his spiral power before he died, Boota transform to be Shouta Aide again.

The kid (currently unnamed) and Boota travel together as comrade all over the world gaining new allies and reviving fallen technology such as Dai-Gurren and re-form the team under the name of Gurren-dan. He gets to meet the old characters such as Yoko, Reitei etc. His journey will be in manga version, where he discovered the true meaning of the bible that Rossui used to hold and the true way to stop Spiral Nemesis. We will get to see him journey across Universe visiting several planets as the truth unfold.

Later he reunites with Chou Ginga Gurren and quickly becomes its leader known as GARlock. His story is yet to be told...

Above is my theory; let's look at other theory:

Popular Theory 1: Its all but Boota's dream - from my watch its pretty clear to me that Boota was fully aware whats happening when Anti-Spiral cast Sleepga on him. Besides.. whats the point of having some random scene be a prologue.

Popular Theory 2: Its Gimmy. Putting the fact that I don't think Gimmy has big enough balls aside, the VA voice (in credit list) and the hair color is totally different. There is also a possibility that Gimmy might use Science to stop himself thus cut off all the possibility of changing VA by aging. If you calculate it real quick Gimmy was probably ~14 before the time skip, after that he must be 34!! He still looks really young for some reason.

Last edited by quina; 2007-09-30 at 14:14.
Old 2007-09-30, 13:49   Link #1368
7Th
Mixtape

Nah, Gimmy's obsession with using Spiral Power for going against death itself makes him look like the perfect antagonist for a future adventure.
Old 2007-09-30, 14:44   Link #1369
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Popular Theory 1: Its all but Boota's dream - from my watch its pretty clear to me that Boota was fully aware whats happening when Anti-Spiral cast Sleepga on him. Besides.. whats the point of having some random scene be a prologue.
Gainax just had to make this ambiguous by reverting Boota's form. If shota Boota had stayed we could have passed it off as a dream, but no. Actually yes - at least we still have stuff to work with without having to pass that world off as an alternate universe.

Evidence that the prologue could take place after GL27:

1. Old Simon makes the metallic noises when he kneels.
2. Boota is still alive, and old enough to become the sub-commander now.
3. Tetsukan, who is in the prologue, is likely still alive. Unless he died of a heart attack from eating all those hamburgers.
4. Lord Genome, Nia, Kamina and Kittan are dead, if they were alive they'd probably be on the Chou Ginga bridge with Garlock.
5. Rossiu is still president of the planet, he probably won't be leaving anytime soon.
6. The "Great Dimensional Government" might come into being. Personally, I always imagined them as an omnipotent, super-advanced foe, and who is to say the other Spiral worlds are not more developed than Earth? We have yet to see the limits of the Milky Way Galaxy - the Anti-Spirals stopped evolving, their power was capped at one point. Spiral power is unlimited, a much more dangerous foe in the long run. If the "Galactic Peace Conference" breaks down, there might be coming infighting.
7. Chou Ginga Dai Gurren has modifications, notably multiple towers. It is also more technologically advanced than before, for the first time humanity looks to be surpassing Lord Genome's era of technology. Chou Ginga could be nearly destroyed then rebuilt.
8. Lagann/Gurren are still around, Lagann clearly is with Garlock.
9. Core Drill still around.
10. Uniforms of epilogue more closely resemble prologue's than Arc III.

The only three issues begin with Simon's attitude versus Garlock. Garlock is cocky, doesn't act like he just survived the fall of the galaxy (not unlike Obi-wan Kenobi) in Old Simon's case, but like he took it down personally and and the countless enemies of outer space are no sweat in comparison. I don't think this is too much of a problem because once Simon gets his coat back he'll get his normal confident attitude back as well, that the transition to Gar status won't be too tough.

Next issue is the flag colour. Chou Ginga uses the Daiganzan's old flag, which has black shades. Prologue Chou Ginga has white glasses, like a normal Gurren Gang flag. Coupled with the different bridge and Daiganzan cannons, this could be a different, smaller ship, though I don't think so, I think it's just a modded version of the normal Chou Ginga.

Final issue is most important - age! Boota is twenty seven now, and looks it in the prologue. But Simon is old! Spiral power could easily make him young again but this remains an outstanding question. Of course, Simon's got the experience of Harlock now so the look + attitude might go together. Harlock doesn't look so old though.
Old 2007-09-30, 14:47   Link #1370
GPA

I don't really see it as an obssession, as momentary naivity. I think Gimmy's role in that scene was to voice the assumed reaction of the audience to what was happening, which gave Simon a chance to do his last little speech before taking off. It was also interesting how the ring ended up at Yoko's feet only for her to toss it back.
Old 2007-09-30, 14:52   Link #1371
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I think i'll stick to the idea that the opening scene from the first episode was apart of Boota's dream.
Old 2007-09-30, 14:52   Link #1372
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I think i'll stick to the idea that the opening scene from the first episode was apart of Boota's dream.
The more I think about it, the more this makes sense. Where else would Boota want to be than at Simon's side, going on adventures?
Old 2007-09-30, 15:08   Link #1373
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The more I think about it, the more this makes sense. Where else would Boota want to be than at Simon's side, going on adventures?

I third this, it makes the most sense. And wasn't it hinted that the opening scene was from an alternative world.

I really think Simon's story is done but obviously he will live on in all his friend's hearts.
Old 2007-09-30, 15:19   Link #1374
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Except, it doesn't make sense because -

1. Boota is young in his alleged "dream" but old in the prologue.
2. Scenes from episode eleven were one of the featured "alternate universes".
3. Whose desire was it for Rossiu + Simon to turn into adventurers? Or for Nia + Yoko into trapeze artists? Or Naota to play his guitar?

Those lines of light Simon pulled down were alternate possibilities of his OWN life, not of anyone else's. Yoko got to see her's in Kamina's TV - even then, are they "desires"? Simon kissing Leeron was probably not one of them, but you never know...
Old 2007-09-30, 15:21   Link #1375
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
1. Boota is young in his alleged "dream" but old in the prologue.
Well, another dream starts for Boota that we don't see. He could easily have a grown up image in that one.
Old 2007-09-30, 16:03   Link #1376
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

You missed my point.

The scene of Boota evolving was the dream, Helix King remarks evolution of that sort shouldn't occur in such a short period of time. When we see Boota again, he's by himself on the bridge as a shota again, implying THAT was the dream - he was dreaming of being human on the bridge.

If Boota being a human was possible in the real world, we would have seen him as a human in the hyper spiral space where Genome got his body back.

Anti-Spiral's voodoo affects intelligent beings, not necessarily human shaped ones. Genome is just a head, not a human anymore, yet he got affected - Boota was likely the same way.

And finally, "Garlock" appears in one of SIMON's visions, not Boota.
Old 2007-09-30, 16:25   Link #1377
7Th
Mixtape

I for one don't care about GARlock but want a sequel with Old Simon as the lead. It would be so awesome for him to quote Old Snake already legendary phrase: "War... War never changes."
Old 2007-09-30, 16:28   Link #1378
GPA

Banchon lives!! Haha that is so awesome, he should get to be the main character of the second series since he's the last GAR (besides Simon) alive.
Old 2007-09-30, 17:33   Link #1379
terrus

i don't think that the clip from ep one is real or part of bootas dream because in ep 26 when simon has all those alternate univeres around him you can see the clip from episode one where captain garlock is walking onto the bridge but you have to freeze frame it.

Like they said though if they do extend the Gurren Lagann universe it'll be with new charcters and settings, so i'm thinking an OVA that focuses on Gimmy and Darry with any of the following enemies or scenarios

1.New enemy
2.More anti-spirals
3.war between spiral beings over the spiral nemisis

either way i expect the siral nemisis to be some part of it wich is why i am leaning to a more orginal characters and settings but i could bewrong. So here is my idea.

Set possibly on a colonised planet some years after the epilouge, most likley when all the orginal cast except for gimmy, darry and viral are dead, a young boy is given the core drill for the gurren lagann when his planet is attacked by any of the enemies listed above. The OVA will be about three or six episodes long and i expect Simon to feature in some way or another because seeing as lord genome could make someone immortal with his level of technology i wouldn't be suprised if they could make themselves younger or transfer their minds to cloned bodies with the technology we saw in the epilouge.
I'm hoping that Simon will become like Kamina was to him and then simon will probably die in a Gar scene.

Still i could be wrong again it's possible that the boy that simon was talking to will become the protagonist for any spinoff they make.

Also as a side note the multiringed iris my have another part to play as a sign of a truly awakend spiral being, Lord genome had, them Kittan had them and Simon had one in the epilouge.
Old 2007-09-30, 17:41   Link #1380
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Someone please explain what "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Shisengen Shikou" is.
Closed Thread