AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-09-02, 00:40   Link #181
Albafica
Pisces no saint

My favourite Robin is Dick Grayson so it's ok for me. He's the more mature in my opinion, perhaps that's why they wanted Dick.

I don't really like other Robin: Jason and Tim. Well with the movie Under the red hood, I start to "like" Jason a bit. The movie was dramatic and it was cool.
Old 2010-09-02, 01:25   Link #182
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
It wouldn't have made much sense if Robin wasn't Dick. As Wally and him become good friends and otherwise the age difference would be too big
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 10:42   Link #183
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
My favourite Robin is Dick Grayson so it's ok for me. He's the more mature in my opinion, perhaps that's why they wanted Dick.

I don't really like other Robin: Jason and Tim. Well with the movie Under the red hood, I start to "like" Jason a bit. The movie was dramatic and it was cool.
Well, to each their own. It's not like I dislike Dick or anything, it's just that I'm always a sucker for detectives character so that's why I like Tim the most. Not a big fan of Jason, but mostly because I don't know him that well and watching the new movie will most likely improves my opinion of him as you said. Also, while I don't doubt Dick's maturity, I think I've read somewhere that the primary reason Dick and Wally is chosen is because they want to have the first sidekick of the hero or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
It wouldn't have made much sense if Robin wasn't Dick. As Wally and him become good friends and otherwise the age difference would be too big
Well, if Tim is Robin and Bart is Kid Flash/Impulse, then the age difference is small...But I don't want to complain too much, after all it's a similar but completely different universe after all.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 13:20   Link #184
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Well, to each their own. It's not like I dislike Dick or anything, it's just that I'm always a sucker for detectives character so that's why I like Tim the most.
Dick has been portrayed as a detective but most of the Dick-as-detective stories took place before Tim showed up or in elseworlds.

Quote:
I think I've read somewhere that the primary reason Dick and Wally is chosen is because they want to have the first sidekick of the hero or something.
Yup, I've posted a video interview a few pages back I'd highly recommend you watch it if you're interested in the show.
Old 2010-09-03, 01:47   Link #185
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
^They are supposed to be watching Zorro not Robin Hood. Where do you think Zur-En-Arrh comes from. ^^
It's a different Earth.

Speaking of different earths. I really hope they stick with this new designs of DC, man they just grow on you. Especially Batman's design in the ova's.

Wonder if they'll do Nightfall or Battle for the cowl next time?
Old 2010-09-09, 10:19   Link #186
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Oh Battle for the Cowl please! PLEASE!!!
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 11:04   Link #187
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
The thing with Battle for the Cowl is, you kinda need Final Crisis beforehand, and there's no way you can fit both in a movie. Arguably, you can kinda get the same condition from Knightfall, but I don't know if you can fit Knightfall, Battle for the Cowl, and the resolution for both in just a movie. For me, hearing Jason say "the friends he's crippled" about the Joker makes me assume that Barbara has already become Oracle there. If so, I'd like to see No Man's Land instead, I think it can fit quite a number of casts as well as introducing the next Batgirl Cassandra Cain. Still, seeing Black Mask there it's possible that this arc has already happened though.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 14:49   Link #188
Blaat

Battle for the Cowl is an in between arc bridging RIP/Final Crisis with Batman & Robin which doesn't really work for a movie.
I think No Man's Land is an interesting choice it's too big to fit in a single movie, same with Knightfall/Knightquest etc. I honestly think that instead of movies they should start a new Batman animation series that adapt these larger story arcs in seasons which makes it a lot more doable.

If they're sticking with the movies considering Year One is being adapted, I would love it if they adapt The Long Halloween and Dark Victory (in two separate movies) afterwards.
Old 2010-09-09, 19:14   Link #189
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
The thing with Battle for the Cowl is, you kinda need Final Crisis beforehand, and there's no way you can fit both in a movie. Arguably, you can kinda get the same condition from Knightfall, but I don't know if you can fit Knightfall, Battle for the Cowl, and the resolution for both in just a movie. For me, hearing Jason say "the friends he's crippled" about the Joker makes me assume that Barbara has already become Oracle there. If so, I'd like to see No Man's Land instead, I think it can fit quite a number of casts as well as introducing the next Batgirl Cassandra Cain. Still, seeing Black Mask there it's possible that this arc has already happened though.
There was an interview that I can't find at the moment in which Bruce Timm (I think)mentioned that since the closer of the DCAU series a la Batman of The Future, JLU, Superman TAS etc. the new DC animated DVD features are meant to be as different as possible from the older shows and more of adaptations of the comics unlike the older series which had some elements from the comics but had their own unique continuity (but don't quote me on this, I'll need to find the actual article later on)

So I think these DVD's are really meant for two types of viewers: one-offs to attract casual viewers without the worry about buying an entire season boxset, and the comic fan who is looking to see their favorite storyline get adapted into a movie.

About the ''friends he crippled'' line, I think that stayed in because they figured that it's best to leave the dialouge untampered with as much as possible and that the fans of the comics would take it as a gimmick ''oh, they're referencing The Killing Joke'' while non comic readers would just take it as Jason listing examples crimes the Joker committed in the past.

I also agree about what you said about Battle of the cowl being unsuitable for a feature length movie. Not that I actually want to see it (the whole gimmick of different people being Batman made some interesting toy's, but aside from that :/) but it fits better in a TV show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Battle for the Cowl is an in between arc bridging RIP/Final Crisis with Batman & Robin which doesn't really work for a movie.
I think No Man's Land is an interesting choice it's too big to fit in a single movie, same with Knightfall/Knightquest etc. I honestly think that instead of movies they should start a new Batman animation series that adapt these larger story arcs in seasons which makes it a lot more doable.

If they're sticking with the movies considering Year One is being adapted, I would love it if they adapt The Long Halloween and Dark Victory (in two separate movies) afterwards.
I could see them make an entire series based on the premise of Knightfall only, and that would kick all kinds of arse, but for the moment it looks like they are trying to test waters with Young Justice before they do anything.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there won't be a The Long Halloween feature, not anytime soon any way. You can see here, it also mentions that there won't be a Batgirl: Year One or Aquaman movies which is kind of sad (well, not the Aquaman one ) considering that the future line up is of Superman, Green Lantern and Batman. Looks like no one else is going to get any love from the DC comics other than them lol
Old 2010-09-14, 01:39   Link #190
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just got my Supeman Batman Apocalypse. Pretty much it's the re-introduction of Super girl in the modern DC timeline. Man I wish they make Knightfall and Battle for the Cowl. Dick Grayson VS Jason Todd would be epic to see animated.

I really like the new character designs hope they keep it that way if they ever make a new cartoon series. Iam pretty much awaiting the new OVA ALL STAR SUPERMAN.

Hmm...seems marvel doesn't any projects except the Spiderman game.
Old 2010-09-18, 16:37   Link #191
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Some clips from the S/B:A movie
Spoiler for Drunk Supergirl on rampage:
also another clip from the movie from Comics Continuum
Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2010-09-18, 17:11   Link #192
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Iam pretty much awaiting the new OVA ALL STAR SUPERMAN.
Yeah, that's the one I'm looking forward to as well. And Christina Hendricks voicing Lois Lane!
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 05:45   Link #193
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

:/ I hope they decide to animate the Beyond 6 part special comics
Old 2010-09-21, 13:44   Link #194
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Ok I watch Superman Batman Apocalypse.... INCREDIBLE!! AWESOME! I think it's one of my favourite DC Universe Movie, maybe my favourite!
It's really really good. The chara design is cool, we can see Wonderwoman again! This movie focus on Supergirl/Kara and it's really interesting.

I never really like Supergirl, but she's cool in this movie! (well and she's sexy )

There are a lot of good, sad, epic moments.

Batman and Wonderwoman are awesome. by the way.

Figths are nice, especially when there is Superman.

The soundtrack is not bad too.

What a movie! I love it!

Old 2010-09-22, 03:30   Link #195
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

I liked the beginning of it, but thought the storyline was a little cliche. I like the characters, loved seeing Granny again and that whole gang XD

My favourite would still be Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
Old 2010-09-22, 08:53   Link #196
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Apocalypse is good but Public Enemies gets the edge on it I believe, although only by a little. And the character designs seem more attractive, imo, than the other DC animated films we've been getting. (Full Disclosure: ttdestroy is a huge Supergirl fan, his opinions should be analyzed with that knowledge.)
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 11:16   Link #197
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Apocalypse shines with Superman's storyline and the introduction of SuperGirl. Naked this time unlike in the 50's and 60's.

Anyways Johna Hex shorts was awesome. It's like a cowboy movie turned cartoon and the female designs are HWAT!

Green Arrow short had a good story with Merlin the Magnificent and Dr.Vertigo. As always Arrow is human like Batman he gets injured and his fighting skills suck! But that sisn't kept the good man down. Thanks to Black Canary he won.
Old 2010-09-23, 14:00   Link #198
Blaat

The character design used in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse is based that of Michael Turner's art.

I enjoyed Apocalypse, the fight scenes were quite good although the way they defeated Darkseid was... underwhelming. Darkseid is way too badass to be frozen in space.

Ah well looking forward to all-star Superman in a few months.
Old 2010-09-23, 17:26   Link #199
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

For anyone interested, here is the first look into All Star Superman
Old 2010-09-24, 02:11   Link #200
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Oh you prefer Public Ennemies than Apocalypse ttdestroy o_O! Public Ennemies was the badest DC movie I ever see . WTH! And my favourite is Batman Under The red Hood/Apocalypse/Wonderwoman!

About the trailer of All star superman! Holy Shit! It looks awesome! I don't know about this comics but in the trailer, it looks like it will be the last adventure of Superman!

"All good things must come to an end"

Epic trailer!