4 out of 10: Poor... 1 2.86%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 2 5.71%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-04, 05:55   Link #21
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

The part the Shadoll and Gundam lined up kinda reminded me of something but i can't really remember what it is, maybe its the MSG docking sequence. The only thing that really bugged me was the part when Wolf and Flit decided to go after Zedas without any weaponary. I was like WTF? I can understand if they didn't have time to grab weapons when they were in the hangar , but to go out there without proper weaponary is suicidal.Sometimes i wonder if the pilots themselves can see that the UE aren't being serious. Maybe that's why they went out there without weaponery

Damn this episode seems to support 'EmilyXFlit' . I'm hoping that it isn't true though.

Last edited by KaiDamien; 2011-12-04 at 10:01.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 06:00   Link #22
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
One thing caught my attention. Flit mentioned that he lost his "mom and dad too". We know what happened to his mother. What about the father? I wonder if he will turn out to be on UE's side?
When i read this i got a pretty cliche scenario in my head:
-UE attacks
-Dad stays behind and asks Mom and Flit to leave
-Dad dies

Still its pretty interesting to see what kind of impact Flit's father had on Flit, considering Flit didn't mention about his father yet. Initially i thought that Flit's father died before Flit was born, but it doesnt seem to be that case.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 06:02   Link #23
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Nice nod to both Judau and Quess.
Usso, I believe (he did it naked, even!). Don't think Judau did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I'm giving this episode an extra mark, for decommissioning Titus after two episodes. Is that the current record for killing off a gundam?
I think some suits have lasted shorter...

I doubt we have seen the last of it though... There's still a few episodes left to Flit's arc and they might try the "mix and match parts" thing that we've seen them do with the models.
Old 2011-12-04, 09:42   Link #24
Principalities

Strongest episode for now. Would't call it a real mecha Gundam just yet and is still an acquired taste but what the heck! Ah, hopefully Woolf doesn't die!

Last edited by Principalities; 2011-12-04 at 12:15.
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 11:34   Link #25
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Regarding Flit exiting into space without a space suit to change mobile suits, i really have no idea about space stuff; but doesn't doing so have a lot of side effects? I literally at that scene.
In theory, it's possible.

EDIT:
And btw, that's exactly what Wolf said, which matches the article, 15-second limit and his reminder to expel the air out of his lungs.

As for the episode, well, I still don't like the fight choreography and the AGE system, but the story is getting slightly, just so slightly, more interesting.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 12:47   Link #26
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Mardona's factory was bigger than i thought it was. Like how they all got along and started talking about mobile suits. So Desil can remote control the ue suit. Maybe that masked guy runs whatever organization Desil is apart of. Like how Mardona's wife gave Emily some tips, hopefully she won't be annoying anymore. Like how Grodek opened up to the crew and glad they all decided to stick with him. Like how Euba and Zalam ships will be in their fleet.
Old 2011-12-04, 13:15   Link #27
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I still can't see what the Euba and Zalam can hope to accomplish though. Their MS are absolutely useless against the UE and it doesn't look like they are getting any upgrades soon
Old 2011-12-04, 13:31   Link #28
ookamigirl

So this time Flit & friends meet the engineer.
Rouge mobile suit at he shop, guess someone is collaborating with the alien attackers.
Fighting without a Gundam was not the best idea.
Grodek's role finally revealed!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 14:56   Link #29
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
I still can't see what the Euba and Zalam can hope to accomplish though. Their MS are absolutely useless against the UE and it doesn't look like they are getting any upgrades soon
They can probably function as decoys while the Diva crew does most of the work, but yeah it really feels like they are rushing into a fight where they have zero chance of winning unless the AGE system can cook up something really good.

In any case hopefully with Emily having that heart to heart talk with Mrs. Mardona that'll be the end of the whole complaining about Emily trying to get Flit to stop fighting trend. Like I said she just needed someone to have a talk with that could explain how it is with men and their machines to her from experience. It's funny that in making people aware that this show is "kiddy" that people forgot to stop and recognize how immature kids can be sometimes. If anything it's worked to the advantage of her character.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 15:31   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Meat shields . That's about all those guys can hope to accomplish really . Plus even if the weapons don't do much UE will at least have some more trouble finding Flit and Woolf among them.

Though it really ties into the lack of planning for this battle. Useless allies, heading out to fight without piloting suits or weapons, if it wasn't for that kid getting bored they really would have died already.

Did put plenty of effort though into firming Emily up for the FlitxEmily pairing. Get her to dump the idea of him pulling back. Only choice then is to follow along. If she steps forward herself at least her chances will be better to end up with him. Just has to provide the best support she can. Really did just need someone to talk with her and give her a bit of a guide. Expecting her to figure out the best approach on her own would be tough.
Old 2011-12-04, 19:17   Link #31
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Loved seeing all the different MS in the Madorna Workshop, there was one that looked like it was wearing a wicker hat of sorts, hehe. The part with the Zedas turning on was pretty damn awesome, so ominous. What got my attention the most in this episode was that when Desil was watching the fight from a couch ( Innovades 00 season 2 much?) he said "Alright that's enough", and the Zedas withdrew. So what does that mean? Are the UE remote piloted by with telepathic powers? Or was he just relaying an order to an operator, and the operator to the pilot? Strange strange stuff is afoot....The last scene with Vargas looking that the Sparrow parts was also a bit strange. His reaction to it seemed to be like...he was astonished, like he never saw parts like that. Maybe the Sparrow has some different within its abilities?

Either way, a great episode, lots of stuff keeping you on edge.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 19:39   Link #32
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Wow, this episode was great, seeing all those MS's, both Flit and Woolf in Shadolls, awesome action, perfect pacing, Grodek being the captain he should've been 8 episodes ago!

solid 9/10
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 21:42   Link #33
ReddyRedWolf

I had to lol at G-EXE looks like a Gundam. Reminds me about the SRWOG Huckebein.

If I was Woolf my response would be "It doesn't look like a Gundam. Look it doesn't have a V fin!".

When Flit confirmed the G-EXE was an imitation of the Gundam his expression spoke "I'm so gonna sue you for copyright infringement.".

When Madorna was shut up by his wife Laraparly she found her role model what she wants to be in the future...A nagging wife.

Decil controlling the Zedas remotely could mean Eden is the UE.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 00:32   Link #34
casval cehack

Yark Dole most likely brought the Zedas to the factory to destroy the Genoace production line (plus the secret wicker hat MS). Atleast Mr. Maddoner did manage to link with the Zedas and get some battle data against the Federation, which may prove valuable in the upcoming battle.
Old 2011-12-05, 00:42   Link #35
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
They can probably function as decoys while the Diva crew does most of the work, but yeah it really feels like they are rushing into a fight where they have zero chance of winning unless the AGE system can cook up something really good.

In any case hopefully with Emily having that heart to heart talk with Mrs. Mardona that'll be the end of the whole complaining about Emily trying to get Flit to stop fighting trend. Like I said she just needed someone to have a talk with that could explain how it is with men and their machines to her from experience. It's funny that in making people aware that this show is "kiddy" that people forgot to stop and recognize how immature kids can be sometimes. If anything it's worked to the advantage of her character.
It doesn't make any sense.

The AGE system has developed the schematics for the beam rifle that can penetrate the UE's Grunt armor. It's not exactly a black box.

Then you got Mardona whose created high output beam sabers (who says it can't be applied to rifles?) that can slice a UE brute suit.

It didn't take him long to build a new mobile suit for wolf surely it shouldn't take long for him to build several rifles so that the meat shields could prove useful.

I mean in Gundam Wing when it came to Tauros vs. Virgo the Tauros were outfitted with laser rifles so that they could at least fight on an equal footing with the Virgos.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 00:57   Link #36
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
this episode it would've been better if the Mobile weapons from the previous Gundam series/universes made cameo appearences in Mardona's factory hangars
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"

Last edited by Patriot's Blade; 2011-12-05 at 01:09.
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 01:20   Link #37
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

In the plot department there's so much wrong with this show I don't know where to begin...In the exposition department, my god...I'll just skip it (oh you want this) and say I enjoyed the Mobile armor-sorta UE mecha design...That $hit was really cool and funky without being repetitive in it's movements (Other than the annoying hand-blasting that never ends)...I also liked the idea of them fighting in the grunt suits to start the show...Now if the fight-action could speed up to match the intensity that's suppose to be evident then we'd be getting somewhere....

On the flip, the entire ordeal with the UE mecha in the station was awful, and the speech by Grodek and everyone finally accepting this on a smile and a joyous whatever was so sweeping I think I got dust in my eyes...The station owner brings them to the secret mech as part of a plot tour where he gives away so much secret information to kids he just met you'd think only an a$$hole would do business with him considering the illegality of his entire operation...

I'd say the good news is that it seems like AGE episode 9 advanced the show about 40-plus normal episodes in about 5 mins...So the throwdown seems just a couple eps away, and for me that must be good...

6/10...
Old 2011-12-05, 01:50   Link #38
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
In the plot department there's so much wrong with this show I don't know where to begin...In the exposition department, my god...I'll just skip it (oh you want this) and say I enjoyed the Mobile armor-sorta UE mecha design...That $hit was really cool and funky without being repetitive in it's movements (Other than the annoying hand-blasting that never ends)...I also liked the idea of them fighting in the grunt suits to start the show...Now if the fight-action could speed up to match the intensity that's suppose to be evident then we'd be getting somewhere....

On the flip, the entire ordeal with the UE mecha in the station was awful, and the speech by Grodek and everyone finally accepting this on a smile and a joyous whatever was so sweeping I think I got dust in my eyes...The station owner brings them to the secret mech as part of a plot tour where he gives away so much secret information to kids he just met you'd think only an a$$hole would do business with him considering the illegality of his entire operation...

I'd say the good news is that it seems like AGE episode 9 advanced the show about 40-plus normal episodes in about 5 mins...So the throwdown seems just a couple eps away, and for me that must be good...

6/10...
How....in the world is that annoying?
Old 2011-12-05, 02:19   Link #39
monster

After my little complaint in a past episode's thread, I'm liking the fact that Vargas mentioned that he got Grodek's approval before sending out the Gundam. It also looks like Emily is starting to have a change in attitude. That's good for those who find her annoying, I suppose.

And finally she gets to talk about what happened with Grodek and Dian, but I guess this was to be expected since Grodek would have to come clean sooner or later. And, speaking of that, I personally am not too fond of that bridge scene other than for the revelation about Grodek and the end result of that meeting. The way that scene appears to paint their situation doesn't seem accurate in light of the fact that the UE has let them go several times in the past. In fact, the UE did it this very episode to Flit and Woolf.

I also find myself starting to be annoyed of how easily it seems for Flit to take charge of discussions this early in the series no matter the people there. And to think we have ~41 more episodes ... I better get used to it, I suppose.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 02:29   Link #40
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Yeah Emily getting a talking to by Madorna's wife makes me hate her quite a bit less. I'm hoping in the next episode, she'll start to encourage Flit to fight. But for the now, the events of this episode are enough to cool the raging star of hatred I had for her.

Tags
weekly episode discussion