AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 184 76.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 13.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 3.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.42%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 2.92%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-20, 21:54   Link #281
Oni leader

He was the best freaking character EVER! I can't stop thinking that killing Kamina was just the easiest way for Gainax to develop Simon. Damn you lazy writers! You should have put more thought into it!
Old 2009-08-16, 14:44   Link #282
Vegard Aune

...Holy crap, the Giga Drill Break(er?) was one of the most epic things I've ever seen. And the fact that Kamina did all that stuff WHILE BEING ON THE VERGE OF DEATH just made it even more badass. (Although... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DID HE HAVE TO DIE?! I mean, I knew it was coming thanks to my complete inability to avoid spoilers, but still...) And from what I understand, the series only becomes more epic after this, in which case I can safely say, I can't wait to see the rest of it.
Old 2009-08-17, 03:56   Link #283
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
It's sad now, but trust me, it gets much, much better from this point. Sure, it lacks Kamina's presence, but you won't be disappointed.

I have to admit, I didn't see Kamina's end coming. For a while I thought he was going to pull through, but it wasn't to be... He really was part of what drew me to the show, a guy so over the top you couldn't help but make him your favorite.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Old 2009-09-26, 22:42   Link #284
Mayhem The Great
The Glob of Destruction

Angry Why wont i cry?!!!!

Dangit, I got sad like everyone else and I want to cry manly tears like everyone else, but I just can't! I blame my stupid brain for my lack of sensitivity!

While Kamina may have not been by favorite character, it was sad to see him go. Still, they did the number one rule for killing people off. Do it with a bang, In other words, have them die what they were famous doing what they do. Have their sacrifice memorable, and move many viewers. Gainax did a very good job, whether it was making people interested as to what would happen next, and having the B***s to kill of a character that became the most popular character in the series.

Good job Gainax, good job
Old 2009-11-08, 00:37   Link #285
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

I did foresee Kamina dying (because the best of the best characters always have to die.), but I was shocked, really shocked to see it this early.

I cried. I find it hard to believe that this anime series has already exceeded my expectations, when I've already seen this anime hyped all over the place. But I'm happy, a lot of the series I've seen lately have fallen flat for me.

I however did not WANT him to die. I knew it was coming, but I feel that this was waaayyy too early. He's too awesome... He, alone, made this anime awesome. I only hope it can stay that way.

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Old 2010-08-10, 08:35   Link #286
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
This was a sad episode,

After not watching much new anime for a while this series (at-least the first 7 or 8 episodes) really reminded me why i loved anime.

Call me a sucker but I really liked the Kamina & Yoko chemistry.

From there on the series seriously lacked any type of real chemistry and my favorite characters (kamina & yoko) both fade away. Yoko still shows up but shes more of a background character.

Spoiler for Yoko:

On top of that sure for 1 or 2 episodes(following Kaminas death) the series becomes alot more serious but then returns to its never say die attitude which I honestly think cheapens his death. Makes it seem more like they through his death in just to be controversial.
Old 2010-08-12, 18:08   Link #287
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post
This was a sad episode,

After not watching much new anime for a while this series (at-least the first 7 or 8 episodes) really reminded me why i loved anime.

Call me a sucker but I really liked the Kamina & Yoko chemistry.

From there on the series seriously lacked any type of real chemistry and my favorite characters (kamina & yoko) both fade away. Yoko still shows up but shes more of a background character.

Spoiler for Yoko:

On top of that sure for 1 or 2 episodes(following Kaminas death) the series becomes alot more serious but then returns to its never say die attitude which I honestly think cheapens his death. Makes it seem more like they through his death in just to be controversial.
Sad indeed. Millions of gallons of man tears have been shed. But o so epic all the same
Old 2010-08-20, 04:38   Link #288
Seitsuki
Onee!

SOLDIERS of the EMPEROR!

Our Fathers too once walked this same path. Facing them were foes so terrifying and innumerable as to freeze the light of the stars themselves! Were they frightened? YES! Did they wish to run, to hide in safe places, to be with their loved ones? YES! Yet by the Emperor's grace, they saw what would happen to those safe places and loved ones if they did not stand fast... so stand fast they did!
WE TOO CARRY THAT LIGHT! We will BLAZE a path through the void, no matter how dark! We will SMITE down the Foe, no matter how great! We will PIERCE through to the heavens, no matter how far!!!

Here we stand! Here we FIGHT! Though we fall, the road we have cleared shall BURN the brighter! Our glory will never fade! Our hearts and souls will continue to strive as the strength of Humanity!!!

SOLDIERS of the EMPEROR! WE DIE STANDING!!!

...yeah Kamina is awesome ♥
Old 2010-08-20, 08:42   Link #289
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
SOLDIERS of the EMPEROR!

Our Fathers too once walked this same path. Facing them were foes so terrifying and innumerable as to freeze the light of the stars themselves! Were they frightened? YES! Did they wish to run, to hide in safe places, to be with their loved ones? YES! Yet by the Emperor's grace, they saw what would happen to those safe places and loved ones if they did not stand fast... so stand fast they did!
WE TOO CARRY THAT LIGHT! We will BLAZE a path through the void, no matter how dark! We will SMITE down the Foe, no matter how great! We will PIERCE through to the heavens, no matter how far!!!

Here we stand! Here we FIGHT! Though we fall, the road we have cleared shall BURN the brighter! Our glory will never fade! Our hearts and souls will continue to strive as the strength of Humanity!!!

SOLDIERS of the EMPEROR! WE DIE STANDING!!!

...yeah Kamina is awesome ♥
When did he have this speech?

I just rewatched this episode after refusing to watch it for a few weeks, the episode is such an emotional roller coaster. I remembering smiling at the start of the episode when Yoko kiss's Kamina, and all the other gut feelings as the episode went along, even though it depresses me every time that Kamina Dies, his final battle is EPIC!
Old 2010-08-20, 17:50   Link #290
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
he doesn't, just my inner 40k fanboy coming out xD pretty dangerous tho, mixing the two produces so much hot blood that enzymes start to denature and should be seen as a last resort forbidden technique

seriously tho, Kamina
Old 2010-08-21, 17:24   Link #291
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post

I just rewatched this episode after refusing to watch it for a few weeks, the episode is such an emotional roller coaster. I remembering smiling at the start of the episode when Yoko kiss's Kamina, and all the other gut feelings as the episode went along, even though it depresses me every time that Kamina Dies, his final battle is EPIC!
Very epic. Kamina goes out with a bang.