AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-05, 23:35   Link #261
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Call me a spoiler whore, but considering what happened to Juliana, did she appear as her younger self in VC3?
Old 2011-02-06, 00:15   Link #262
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Reminds me...I heard the development artbooks had a guide to reading the number plate on the Edelweiss, which seem to be the same numbers shown on the wallpaper above. Anyone know the system used?
I can't read japanese but i still recall some chinese... click on the pic and zoom in for big huge version. Text is legible that way.
Actually I think the 71 is actually 7-1 (kinda like xv88 is actually xv8-8 not 88). The 1 might be refering to vehicle # or something to that effect since the 車 radical is well car. 7 looks like its related to the squad-oh wait it might be:
M.71 is Medium class, 7th squad, 1st tank.
I've seen identificationnomenclature like that before, were numbers clumped together are actually read seperate.
M is medium i'm guessing from the 中 ideograph/radical/character/kanji
probably wrong about that. I can make out name and work under "b.t" but...yea... i shouldn't even try haha xD

Quote:

Spoiler for What the hell:
If someone's hacked the model data I need to contact them >_>

Last edited by SoggySoyBean; 2011-02-06 at 00:27.
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 01:08   Link #263
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Valkyria Chronicles 3 Costume Changers

Supposedly, if you unlock all the character missions and accomplish all missions on S-Rank you can unlock this ability to change your character's costumes. Shown above is Riela wearing:

- Squad 422 uniform
- Galian Military uniform
- Galian Militia uniform
- Lanseal Academy uniform

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 02:44   Link #264
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Kurt's ability require you to have a remote idea how far he can go without dying like a scrub. That being said, he isn't just a "AP provider", but he is also a great pusher, considering that characters under his direct command will assist him in his attack, even lancers (didn't try with any tech yet though).

For instance, I used Kurt for the last mission of chapter 3 in order to nuke the hell out of the first tank: bringing imca and another lancer and attacking the tank will lead to an amusing 2/3 HP damage with a single CP, with less chances for the lancers to be toasted by the tank intercept fire, and you also have advanced both lancers way more than they would have if you used them individually.

Because of the glitch and the innherent issue with intercept fire in VCIII, it is hard to choose between scout or tech for kurt (tech would just mean you are certain to bring 2 units wherevere you want ).
Either way, I left the +20AP accessory for Kurt's personal use, just because of the special
Kurt special is great if you want those S rank on later mission XD. On the other hand though, Valkyria + Open Fire Combo is quite deadly to clear the map of enemy/weaken them considerably. I guess the tactical gameplay played out here what you want to use your SP for since SP won't be restored during battle.

Interception Fire hurts a lot here ><, so No damage super potential is godlike here since you can just go past a tank with a lancer and damage it radiator. Fencer class got shafted a lot unfortunately since VC2 and it's not as useful here.

The one aspect that I think this game did great for me is at its character. The characters are really diverse here from a real criminal to some men/women that is falsely accused and get sent to Nameless, and it make the character quest much more interesting. The two heroines backstory is quite interesting too, not to mention Kurt's himself and his crunching-candy-loudly habit :P

Not gonna spoil the ending, although I have to say I'm pretty impressed XD.

BGM is really good too. I don't like VC 2 BGM at all, and I can say I really like the BGM in this one. I particularly like Riela's theme song

Overall, I'm gonna give this game 9/10. -1 for not being able to kill a certain boss late game :P
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 05:53   Link #265
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Valkyria Chronicles 3 Costume Changers

Supposedly, if you unlock all the character missions and accomplish all missions on S-Rank you can unlock this ability to change your character's costumes. Shown above is Riela wearing:

- Squad 422 uniform
- Galian Military uniform
- Galian Militia uniform
- Lanseal Academy uniform
Militia uniform is hot!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 22:53   Link #266
Runty

As long as some people have the game, care to give us some details on the character backgrounds?
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 03:08   Link #267
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

You sure you want to be spoiled? It will make the character quest less interesting when you play it in English (assuming you still remember when it come out XD)

Spoiler for spoiler for character:

I think that's all.
Old 2011-02-08, 03:36   Link #268
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Wow, and I thought Class G was bad enough in the dyfunction department. Hopefully, the fellows get to make their peace with their various ghosts.

Any details on the bigger picture, i.e. some details of Squad 7 and Max which we don't know from the first 2 games?
Old 2011-02-08, 04:52   Link #269
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Spoiler for cameo character:
Old 2011-02-10, 05:40   Link #270
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, what drew me as I played VC 2 was how the characters from VC1 tried to help in their own way in the civil war. From Oscar's fighting alongside the town watch at Yuell, to the Gunthers' help at Lanseal, to Cordelia's strength and courage: to me, that really reflects the spirit of the OP; it is really "our story".

I was hoping that VC3 would show more of such stuff.
Old 2011-02-10, 07:14   Link #271
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Pics of unlockable playable cameos in VC3, courtesy of fuzzylittlebunny :

Spoiler for Unlockables:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 07:17   Link #272
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
AIKA!

Damn I need to get my act together.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 11:09   Link #273
Snowman24

^Vyse! Aika! WOW!!
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 11:11   Link #274
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

AND Fina! (Well, that could be Mina or Nina, but I CAN DREAM)

It's amazing how much I'd be able to forgive this game with the ability to play Vyse again. Especially if he keeps his evil laugh when mowing down opposition.

Also: Cosette's in a T-shirt. Even the cameos may have costume choices.
Old 2011-02-10, 11:40   Link #275
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Such interesting developments here (I got a chuckle out of the image that hints at someone fooling around with ghola vats or Spaarti cylinders). Now, folks might recall my wondering how well the 'hazmat suit' mechanic from a certain portion of CoD: Black Ops could be implemented in a VC title. Got a different ponder today: how practical would a 'last stand' mode be to implement? Pick your team of 4 and see how long you can hold out against waves and waves of tangos. But there's a catch lifted from the upcoming Operation Flashpoint title (reference): an extraction zone activates after X waves, and the only way to record your score is to get at least one squad member there (on Hardcore, it's all or nothing).

Spoiler for A little bonus...:
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 17:16   Link #276
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
You sure you want to be spoiled? It will make the character quest less interesting when you play it in English (assuming you still remember when it come out XD)

I think that's all.
What happened to Serge?
Old 2011-02-12, 10:32   Link #277
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
What happened to Serge?
After the end?
Spoiler for Serge epilogue:

If you're talkinng about what happen during his character quest
Spoiler for Serge quest:
Old 2011-02-13, 03:28   Link #278
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post

I think that's all.
Okay, so we know about that sort of stuff. But what about each one's character event and related scenes? I've seen a few videos for such, but I can't understand what's going on.
Old 2011-02-13, 11:44   Link #279
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Uhhh.... That's too long to be explained here. Basically each character learn how to cope with what make them enter the Nameless

Spoiler for character:

If you want to know the details though, you either have to wait for other people's explanation or the english version since I'm too lazy to do it(sorry XD)
Old 2011-02-16, 03:29   Link #280
Runty

I just HAD to post this up. Imca's starting to rival Marina as one of my favorite VC characters (though Marina's still in first, since I enjoy working with her personality so much).

Check this video at around the 43-minute mark. You are bound to get a laugh out of it.
Spoiler for Imca doesn't like...:
Now to just PRAY that SEGA chooses to have Michelle Ruff voice Imca if an English dub is made.