AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-04, 10:17   Link #541
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Sheryl blushed around Michael when she's faced with Alto jabs. Why do people just not see the context?

Sheryl blushed around Grace too when she mentioned Alto. Does that mean she's hot for Grace's cyborg panties?
It's just a consequence of people trying to analyse the episode before knowing what was said in the dialogue. Plenty of mistakes were made this time around.
Old 2008-07-04, 11:20   Link #542
herbert

Well, when you guys are thinking about MikhailXSheryl (what hack is this? btw), I only see the best chance for my own scenario coming true: Mikhail KIA, Sheryl gets BLUE VF, and KLAN KLAN. Ranka can serve her hime-sama if she wants so badly, but this is this, that is that. The slave is still a slave, still Sheryl's private property and a precious livestock.
Old 2008-07-04, 11:25   Link #543
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Well, when you guys are thinking about MikhailXSheryl (what hack is this? btw), I only see the best chance for my own scenario coming true: Mikhail KIA, Sheryl gets BLUE VF, and KLAN KLAN. Ranka can serve her hime-sama if she wants so badly, but this is this, that is that. The slave is still a slave, still Sheryl's private property and a precious livestock.
Not seeing Michael getting offed for some time.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-04, 11:34   Link #544
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
In defense of Ranka, there's nothing wrong with being moe or loli, as she's one of the better examples of that archtype to come out in a long, long time. The problem is that next to Alto, Alto looks like he's robbing the cradle, I actually got goosebumps when he hugged Ranka around the waist this episode. Ranka may not be as strong as Sheryl, but she's come very far from her indecisive period of the early episodes.
Meh, I still don't like moe and loli. Though depending on the loli's personality I could forgive the loli. It's the damsel thing that I REALLY hate though. That's just not acceptable to me.

And yeah, the whole lolicon thing is the main reason why AltoxRanka gives me the creeps. Sure they are really around the same age, but they sure don't look it. She looks 10 years old next to him.....blergh.....
Old 2008-07-04, 11:41   Link #545
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Meh, I still don't like moe and loli. Though depending on the loli's personality I could forgive the loli. It's the damsel thing that I REALLY hate though. That's just not acceptable to me.

And yeah, the whole lolicon thing is the main reason why AltoxRanka gives me the creeps. Sure they are really around the same age, but they sure don't look it. She looks 10 years old next to him.....blergh.....
Absolutely agreed. It was especially visible at the river scene.
Old 2008-07-04, 12:00   Link #546
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:

LOL, it also doesn't help that Ranka is as flat as a board....there's like nothing for Alto to grab onto hahahaha!

Woops, the lecher in me is coming out.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-04, 12:13   Link #547
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
LOL, it also doesn't help that Ranka is as flat as a board....there's like nothing for Alto to grab onto hahahaha!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
He did grab her though and also grabbed his big gun.

(This lecher thing is a chain reaction )
Old 2008-07-04, 12:16   Link #548
herbert

Quote:

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Actually, this really works in favor of Ranka if you think of Alto's personality.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-04, 12:25   Link #549
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Actually, this really works in favor of Ranka if you think of Alto's personality.

the girl is as flat as airport runway and the boy is a pilot.
Now, now. With Sheryl he at least can get a firm grip on the flight controls.
Old 2008-07-04, 12:31   Link #550
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Now, now. With Sheryl he at least can get a firm grip on the flight controls.

I agree LOL!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-04, 12:33   Link #551
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:

I am of the same opinion and that's why I was biased against Ranka when the show first started. She did grow on me a bit since then when her personality was exposed a bit. But lately all she has been doing is crying Alto to rescue her from situations that she should be able to handle on her own. The damsel in distress thing is what really makes me dislike how she has turned out in the last few episodes. Plus her fang and green dog ears really annoy me. Down with moe and loli!

Quote:

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Yes, I really loved the contrast between how good Sheryl looks in that plain flight suit and how loli Ranka was in hers. Behold Ranka standing back to back with Sheryl

IB

I'm sure you guys can guess who the "I" is.
Old 2008-07-04, 12:39   Link #552
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I am of the same opinion and that's why I was biased against Ranka when the show first started. She did grow on me a bit since then when her personality was exposed a bit. But lately all she has been doing is crying Alto to rescue her from situations that she should be able to handle on her own. The damsel in distress thing is what really makes me dislike how she has turned out in the last few episodes. Plus her fang and green dog ears really annoy me. Down with moe and loli!

Yes, I really loved the contrast between how good Sheryl looks in that plain flight suit and how loli Ranka was in hers. Behold Ranka standing back to back with Sheryl

IB

I'm sure you guys can guess who the "I" is.

Oh you don't know how close I am to illustrating a "Ranka death my Sheryl's hands" scene....yes I'm evil that way.
I've actually killed anime characters in the same fashion *insert evil laugh*

And yes...death to moe.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-04, 13:01   Link #553
herbert

Quote:
*insert evil laugh*

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Don't insert your own, better to get Yagami Light smile for you.
Old 2008-07-04, 14:25   Link #554
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
She looks 10 years old next to him
Ranka looks like a ten year old next to anyone.

Quote:
Down with moe and loli!
Amen.

Old 2008-07-04, 14:33   Link #555
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Ranka looks like a ten year old next to anyone.

Amen.
You all are saying exactly the thoughts I'm thinking.

Amen.
Old 2008-07-04, 15:14   Link #556
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
You all are saying exactly the thoughts I'm thinking.

Amen.
Pretty much.

/signed

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-04, 15:53   Link #557
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Pretty much.

/signed

Ranka is like a little sister. Great for rescuing and companionship... but shouldn't even be consider a serious romantic interest due to the 10 year old loli design.

/signed
Old 2008-07-04, 19:50   Link #558
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Despite all this lighthearted talk.

Am I only one racking my boots wondering how in the world a SherylxAlto pairing will work now? In any situation I can think of, it seems like the Love Triangle is pretty much shot given Sheryl's personality.
Well there's a lot of groundwork for a relationship already layed from episode 1 to now, take away the triangle and it would be a question of when not if they got together. Now all we need is a few quality talks, some quality scenes (Ex gear race around Frontier's city would be cool ) and a lucky break or two along with Ranka using Alto as a crutch more and more.

I also expect this scene to come into play, either the song and/or Klan's seeing Alto and Sheryl together.

Now let's say Sheryl turns this into a love song and Alto recognizes that the song is speaking of the events of Star Date, even dense Alto might put 1 & 1 together.

Say Alto gets shot down and ends up hospitalized for an episode like Hikaru and Isamu did I can see Sheryl visiting him thanks to Klan. If this does happen I bet Ranka will be doing a concert or something work related that she can't get off (she might not even know if people can't get into contact with her) and won't be able to see him until later that night.

Though every time I try and predict Sheryl's actions she outdoes what I expect her to do so while I have a few ideas she'll probably do something way better.
Old 2008-07-04, 19:55   Link #559
SymphonicRain

I have no ill-wills to lolis. My avatar and name itself expresses my deep love and tribute for loli characters.

But to see Alto together with a loli character just feels so wrong wrong wrong wrong to me. Its like a pedophile which turns me off completely as well as ruin the image and impression.

Unless Alto is a loli himself, I am having great difficulty accepting a picture of Alto and Ranka in a lovey lovey image.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:05   Link #560
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Something tells me that Sheryl will:

1. End up very lonely
2. End up losing the status of Galactic Fairy
3. End up losing her career to Ranka
4. Poisoned to the point where she is no longer able to sing
5. Suffering from depression and contemplating suicide

To resolve these issues however, there is an obvious cure. . .

- Tak
Closed Thread

Tags
characters