AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-31, 13:34   Link #261
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
TinyRedLeaf has brought forth a lot of the good points why it will be heard to assess her actual age. What we know that the medical field has seen an incredible revolution in the cybernetic enhancement which can be integrated to the human physiology successfully. Hence, it's only logical to assume that the average life span has also increased for people who has undergone with these implants. If you can tell us when such revolution swept through the GitS universe, then we might dare take a few guesses. She, however, became special when her ghost merged with the ghost of the Puppeteer in the first movie.

Note, that the year displayed in the movie was 2029.
I think we shouldn't look at the movie and take only the series into account when trying to triangulate her age. I still remember the episode with the hospital scenes, which was a few years ago, and at that time I thought that she might actually be much older than her cybernetic body suggests. Perhaps I will get the affordable boxsets finally available and rewatch the whole stuff and while doing so give a little more attention to clues how old the mayor actually is.

SignorRossi.
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 02:32   Link #262
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
I think we shouldn't look at the movie and take only the series into account when trying to triangulate her age. I still remember the episode with the hospital scenes, which was a few years ago, and at that time I thought that she might actually be much older than her cybernetic body suggests. Perhaps I will get the affordable boxsets finally available and rewatch the whole stuff and while doing so give a little more attention to clues how old the mayor actually is.

SignorRossi.
There is also the watch she wears. And then there is the story about how she broke her favorite doll when she held it too firm with her prosthetic hand. Both TV series indicates she has got the prosthetic body at a very early age. If we can also determine how long Section 9 has been around, and how long ago the Big War took place, and how long the Puppeteer was aware of Makoto's existence, then we should be able to make a good guess of her actual calendar age. One other fact I remember from SAC 1 tv series is that Batou referred to a certain one-eyed Russian lady as Oba-san who was into human-trafficking/organ-harvesting. That piece of information can also be a clue if I try heard enough to not to think about all the holes that can be poked through the theory about Makoto's age.

That said, however, I agree with TinyRedLeaf's presumption that Makoto is in her late 30's to early 40's.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 12:06   Link #263
karthak
Baruk Khazad

Well, I've watched both seasons now in a marathone, and I have to say they were both rather good. I finished second gig with a bitter taste in my mouth though, because of the death of Kuze. I had accidentally stumbled over the information that he would be killed, so I knew that already, but I thought it would be in a fight, not helpless at the hands of some American Empire prick who we don't even know if he managed to escape or if the Major blew him away (I sooo hope it's the latter).
karthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 17:58   Link #264
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/conv...production-i.g

Some news that a 3rd season of SAC can be made. After whoever the director for this is free.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 18:37   Link #265
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I'd really love a 3rd season, I have to say this is my 2nd favorite post-cyberpunk anime and Motoko my 2nd favorite female character, I still prefer Ergo Proxy
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 18:37   Link #266
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN news
During the question and answer session, one fan asked about the possibility of a third season of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Terashima-Furuta answered that she expects the project to happen, but that the director is currently tied up in other projects
If that'd happen I'd be so happy I'd jump up and down all day. But probably it won't happen for like a year or two I think.
Old 2009-07-06, 07:00   Link #267
封鎖された渋谷で

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
If that'd happen I'd be so happy I'd jump up and down all day. But probably it won't happen for like a year or two I think.
Remember, in any case, Eden of the East's 2 movies takes precedence. For I.G. at least. If they find another studio...
428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 02:36   Link #268
signorRossi

I.G. has to do it and no other studio!
Old 2009-07-10, 18:25   Link #269
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I'll wait and see what plot will they tackle in case SAC 3rd GIG is up (or whatever the next season's called).

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-07-11, 22:51   Link #270
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
If this came to fruition I'd probably die from the excitement.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 16:13   Link #271
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
If this came to fruition I'd probably die from the excitement.
You and me both partner. I'll just have to wait and see which theme they'll tackle next.

Old 2010-01-27, 00:04   Link #272
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

BTW, does the Laughing Man and Individual Eleven have any new movie scenes? I watched them and I remember the former had a new one of sorts when Togusa was in S9 HQ being contacted by Yamaguchi before Motoko contacts him to conduct a hostage rescue on the Foreign Affairs Minister.

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2010-03-14 at 04:08.
Old 2010-03-25, 12:20   Link #273
OMOCHIKAERI!
SOLDIER 1st class

I love this series. I will never forget its vision for the future

Motoko, what a feisty girl.

The live action movie's probably going to suck, though. Keep your expectations as low as possible. I hope for something decent but I don't think it will be, even with Spielberg, who I quite like.
OMOCHIKAERI! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 14:56   Link #274
mike.

Quick question about the first series. I just watched episode 22, and in it, the laughing man says to the Major that "this is the third time we've met."

The only other time I recall him meeting her is in episode 9, on the internet. Where was the other time? Or is it something she herself doesn't know/we don't know (yet)?

Last edited by mike.; 2010-03-25 at 15:07.
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 15:46   Link #275
OMOCHIKAERI!
SOLDIER 1st class

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike. View Post
Quick question about the first series. I just watched episode 22, and in it, the laughing man says to the Major that "this is the third time we've met."

The only other time I recall him meeting her is in episode 9, on the internet. Where was the other time? Or is it something she herself doesn't know/we don't know (yet)?
I can't remember, but maybe they "met" when
Spoiler:
OMOCHIKAERI! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 15:23   Link #276
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMOCHIKAERI! View Post
The live action movie's probably going to suck, though. Keep your expectations as low as possible. I hope for something decent but I don't think it will be, even with Spielberg, who I quite like.
There is no reason to assume otherwise.
And I have come to really dislike Spielberg the more of his movies I watch.
Old 2010-03-27, 00:07   Link #277
mike.

I think the answer to my first question may be in episode 6 when the Major attempts to dive into some persons brain (forget who) around the middle of the episode, and is virtually attacked by someone, and she says it felt like someone was watching her (presumably Aoi).

Now another question after finishing the first gig. I think I understand the general reasoning behind the quote on the laughing man logo, that Aoi himself seemed to think he started a chain of events that led to something so complex he could do nothing but watch on as a "deaf mute".

What I don't get, though, is why did he use this quote originally, as in 6 years before the series begins? What was his motive of using this logo with the quote when he first kidnapped Serano and had the spontaneous outbreak on TV?
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 00:55   Link #278
KanaMinami

Though at first I'm having a hard time understanding all the terminology about this show, I still find out that this show is really amusing and have a really nice storyline.

I have no regrets buying the dvd though it cost me some money

is the fairy this coming season
// Sig by ganbaru
KanaMinami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 16:58   Link #279
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike. View Post
I think the answer to my first question may be in episode 6 when the Major attempts to dive into some persons brain (forget who) around the middle of the episode, and is virtually attacked by someone, and she says it felt like someone was watching her (presumably Aoi).

Now another question after finishing the first gig. I think I understand the general reasoning behind the quote on the laughing man logo, that Aoi himself seemed to think he started a chain of events that led to something so complex he could do nothing but watch on as a "deaf mute".

What I don't get, though, is why did he use this quote originally, as in 6 years before the series begins? What was his motive of using this logo with the quote when he first kidnapped Serano and had the spontaneous outbreak on TV?
Spoiler for Probable answer:

Old 2018-12-02, 09:48   Link #280
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...easons/.134977

Not sure if this is definitely SAC, but I know Kamiyama will direct one season and Aramaki will do the other.

Both have 12 episodes each.