AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 123 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-31, 01:25   Link #81
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Soo.....another month without Claire huh?
Claire....Clare.....Claire nope doesn't ring a bell sounds like bad name for a main character though.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:26   Link #82
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Yagi had a disappearing and reappearing scar in his last series too... but that was played off as a joke where the scar only became visual when he got really angry... but it was only half an "X".
......So....

Are we too assume it's just a joke here too? Because I just saw it as an inconsistency ....

Quote:
Claire....Clare.....Claire nope doesn't ring a bell sounds like bad name for a main character though.
Come to think of it, who is she again? When I hear that name, I just think of this fossilized piece of poo

Which, ironically, perfectly symbolizes how much attention she's getting these days; her and her fairy-companion
Old 2012-01-31, 01:28   Link #83
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
......So....

Am I too assume it's just a joke here too? Because I just saw it as an inconsistency ....

It became an inconsistency in that series too.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:30   Link #84
Gooral
Banned

Just as expected, Deneve healed in an instant and Nike is a defensive warrior so nothing bad happeend. Dee is probably defensive too, seeing how weak she is offensively and Anastasia might be too (and if she's not she will be healed anyway). Miria suddenly became so fast she could catch up to AWAKENED Hysteria (lol x10^6), Deneve and Miria chat in a middle of battle for like 2 minutes and Hysteria doesn't even bother to go after them (and they don't bother to watch out). But Superman pose takes the cake, WTF? Good to see Roxanne and Cassandra are still fighting but seeing how close they are to the ghosts and how little damage they do to the environment and seeing how weak Hysteria is I'm starting to think that power levels are indeed broken (and to an extreme degree). Not to mention that Helen suddenly started to see Hysteria's attacks even though earlier she said she was way too fast for her. Even if she managed only to cut the line on that thingy thrown by Hysteria it's still stupid since in the previous chapter she didn't even have time to blink before she was attacked, it was implied that Hysteria was doing her anchoring and de-anchoring so fast it seemed as if she teleported.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:30   Link #85
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
It became an inconsistency in that series too.
Wait, what?!!??!

I was just being silly, but that just goes too far

I don't know whether to laugh or cry now - probably better if I just try to figure it out.

--

Oh noooo, and I was literrally going to say that we should hurry up and try to explain Miria's disappearing-reappearing X-scar before Gooral shows up and tears this chapter apart....too late >_<
Old 2012-01-31, 01:30   Link #86
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Come to think of it, who is she again? When I hear that name, I just think of this fossilized piece of poo

Which, ironically, perfectly symbolizes how much attention she's getting these days; her and her fairy-companion
The people of the church worship her, she comes back to life one a year and if she sees her shadow we get 6 more weeks of winter.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:33   Link #87
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
The people of the church worship her, she comes back to life one a year and if she sees her shadow we get 6 more weeks of winter.
Roflmao

I'm guessing she spends the rest of the year in the Netherworld....

.....Seriously! It was just a joke back then, but how else do you explain Ophelia and all those other girls showing their faces before she left? She paid a visit to the Underworld and hasn't come back
Old 2012-01-31, 01:34   Link #88
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Your logic is flawless just like that of Mister Rig's may your belly always be full of the tastiest of people. Meh
Old 2012-01-31, 01:38   Link #89
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
Your logic is flawless just like that of Mister Rig's may your belly always be full of the tastiest of people. Meh
I'll feed on Deneve first and keep feeding until she dies in agony or until I get full and cut her head off so she can't get better 5 seconds later...

Someone needs to come up with a good name for a I hate Deneve fan club name (like that anti raki one)... at this point I'd be tempted to join it.

Waiting to see Goorals vote on the chapter (wagering very very low)
Old 2012-01-31, 01:40   Link #90
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

.....Wait a second....

I'm looking at the chapter carefully....is it just me, or did Hysteria sort of let that warrior (Nike?) take the sword from her throat -- she standing angry, and then, she's suddenly pulling the sword out....

Translations I feel will help, because it does, in a mocking way to her, feel like Hysteria let her pull it out - and that if she were to try anything funny, like trying to slice upward to cut her head off, she would kill Anastasia.

The whole chapter was basically this big mexican-standoff; Tabitha and Helen basically stand in place for the whole chapter, but that's only because they are afraid of Hysteria killing Anastasia....

Suddenly this chapter sparked my interest..
Old 2012-01-31, 01:44   Link #91
Gooral
Banned

@Shiek
Yeah, that's rather obvious it's like you said. Hysteria told Nike to pull the sword out unless she wants her to kill Ana, that's the only option here the way I see it. At least Nike had to struggle which was Yagi's attempt to explain why the sword didn't fall by itself due to inertia.

@Ryus
I'll wait for a translation, judging by pictures alone I wouldn't give more than 3 probably. As for Deneve hateclub, it should be rather short name IMO. How about - "Dr. Deneve = Shitmouth" ? Because she spouts shit.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:44   Link #92
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
I'll feed on Deneve first and keep feeding until she dies in agony or until I get full and cut her head off so she can't get better 5 seconds later...

Someone needs to come up with a good name for a I hate Deneve fan club name (like that anti raki one)... at this point I'd be tempted to join it.

Waiting to see Goorals vote on the chapter (wagering very very low)
A name for a Deneve hate-club Here it goes "Doctor Doctor give me the news I gotta bad case of HATING YOU!!!"
Old 2012-01-31, 01:47   Link #93
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
@Shiek
Yeah, that's rather obvious it's like you said. Hysteria told Nike to pull the sword out unless she wants her to kill Ana, that's the only option here the way I see it. At least Nike had to struggle which was Yagi's attempt to explain why the sword didn't fall by itself due to inertia.
Frankly, I love that though....

I mean, I was saying recently how I missed how the AO's had that feeling of omnipotence and power....maybe they no longer are in a physical sense anymore, but this...

All the others were virtually helpless and their was nothing they could do, lest Anastasia die -- I missed that feeling of sheer helplessness. Perhaps it was always there in the characters, but it's hard to tell when it feels like the characters are too busy acting like big heroes.

Here though, this was something I liked.

Quote:
A name for a Deneve hate-club Here it goes "Doctor Doctor give me the news I gotta bad case of HATING YOU!!!"
I love that song!!!
Old 2012-01-31, 01:48   Link #94
Nixl

Dr. Deneve hateclub? Sign me up,

Looks like the patient has a severe case of Wedgecitis. Prescribe 50 mg of Explain the Plot.

One plot point a day keeps Dr. Deneve away.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:53   Link #95
Gooral
Banned

@Shiek
There would be feeling of helplessness if Hysteria killed Ana+Nike once Nike pulled the sword out. It looked like Nike was faster than Hysteria since Hysteria intended to kill them anyway (so why would she wait?). Another stupid thing IMO.
Oh, and I edited my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Looks like the patient has a severe case of Wedgecitis. Prescribe 50 mg of Explain the Plot.

lol
Good one Nixl .
Old 2012-01-31, 01:57   Link #96
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
@Shiek
There would be feeling of helplessness if Hysteria killed Ana+Nike once Nike pulled the sword out. It looked like Nike was faster than Hysteria since Hysteria intended to kill them anyway (so why would she wait?). Another stupid thing IMO.
Oh, and I edited my previous post.
Maybe Hysteria was too busy being arrogant and was letting Nike seemingly get ahead....we have to remember that they are all really below her league...maybe the power-levels are broken beyond belief, maybe not, maybe it's in the middle (probably this)....

Yes, it would have been even more terrifying if both Nike and Ana died, but for now, I honestly have to say I loved this small terrifying moment; even without translations, it definitely raised this chapter up in my opinion.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:58   Link #97
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Dr. Deneve hateclub? Sign me up,

I'd prefur she be kept away with force but whatever it takes I guess.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:58   Link #98
gene

Quote:
.....Wait a second....

I'm looking at the chapter carefully....is it just me, or did Hysteria sort of let that warrior (Nike?) take the sword from her throat -- she standing angry, and then, she's suddenly pulling the sword out....

Translations I feel will help, because it does, in a mocking way to her, feel like Hysteria let her pull it out - and that if she were to try anything funny, like trying to slice upward to cut her head off, she would kill Anastasia.

The whole chapter was basically this big mexican-standoff; Tabitha and Helen basically stand in place for the whole chapter, but that's only because they are afraid of Hysteria killing Anastasia....

Suddenly this chapter sparked my interest..

It's Hysteria's proposal in Page7 that only the one who help her pulling the sword out could be saved and she would tear all the others into piece~~

Spoiler for original text in p7:
Old 2012-01-31, 01:58   Link #99
Nixl

Going to play System Shock 2, later yall. We should do this monthly or somethin'.

Anyways, off to pretend everything parasite I beat to death with my wrench is Deneve.
Old 2012-01-31, 02:01   Link #100
Gooral
Banned

@Shiek
The problem here is, when Miria caught up with her (which implies she was faster than her) she wasn't that arrogant any more and if she was indeed above Miria's league she wouldn't even stop but instantly kill Ana and her carriers and went back for Miria in a split of a second (something what Rigaldo did). Now that would be awesome. But no, she turns out to be not even of Rigaldo level it seems...
Closed Thread

Tags
claymore, dr. deneve, miria