AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-08, 03:59   Link #1221
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'm really curious to try this. But want to hear people's opinions on how they fair on it now. Also if they are still playing it or not.
it depends on how many hours per week you plan to play this game. there is not much to do in pve endgame once a player has their relic and full darklight. 8 man coil currently has 5 turns to it. turns 1 to 4 can be done under an hour. turn 5 is a question of gear and HP since now it's more doable than before since they fixed some mechanic issues.

my fc is personally lazy and leaves turn 5 alone until patch 2.1 comes out. i only log in to level my crafting and gathering jobs. pve endgame wise i only do that once a week for an hour and some minutes for turns 1 to 4. i'm personally on the borderline of only renewing my subscription whenever a major new patch comes out. the game doesn't have much to do besides the things i mentioned. well... there is the option to grind out your chocobo level for hours and hours on end but i'm not that much of a masochist myself.

patch 2.1 will decide for many players if it's worth sticking around for new content updates every 3 months.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 05:36   Link #1222
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post

Swtor wasn't that bad back when it was still sub based. Are you playing as free member?
ive done both, sub and free, the only big difference is the amount of items you can put on the market, free with 5-10 items is useless, but sub with 50items is where i got most my money..........then pissed it all away by buying cartel packs on the market with game money hoping for decent gear...........no luck lol
Old 2013-11-08, 07:48   Link #1223
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
there is not much to do in pve endgame once a player has their relic and full darklight.
What, for just one job?

Quote:
8 man coil currently has 5 turns to it. turns 1 to 4 can be done under an hour. turn 5 is a question of gear and HP since now it's more doable than before since they fixed some mechanic issues.
A new player will not be clearing 1-4 in a hr anytime soon.

Quote:
the game doesn't have much to do besides the things i mentioned.
Since you seem to have relegated crafting/gathering/multiple jobs as an afterthought, I suppose.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 08:28   Link #1224
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
What, for just one job?

A new player will not be clearing 1-4 in a hr anytime soon.

Since you seem to have relegated crafting/gathering/multiple jobs as an afterthought, I suppose.
it depends on the server the player is on. i see many people spamming LFM T1-T4 on mondays and tuesdays on my server. all they ask is have voice chat and full dl/relic+1. of course they have strict rules if one or more person are holding the group down. it usually involves booting them for the most part. i never ran into that scenario when i joined pug groups beforehand.

i did mention crafting and gathering btw but not grinding out other jobs. leveling other jobs with the way the system is setup leaves players resorting to fate grinding once quests are all used up. fate grinding itself is the fastest way to level a job, and this is also a major consideration for hooves to consider if it ever comes down to leveling another job. i personally don't like it myself and rather do a mix of quests and fates if they popped up nearby.

if you have anything i did not mention, feel free to do so. i only replied to hooves post to type what i thought about the game so far and some of the issues it has. it's not the most well thought post i've ever done since i thought up of the pros and cons off the top of my head as i typed it.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 11:07   Link #1225
kyp275
Meh

yea, i despise fate grind with a passion, I only did a couple levels with it on my ACN, and that was more than enough.

It's too bad people don't level up with dungeons more. It may not be as fast, but it sure as hell beats mindlessly zerging fates over and over, especially if you're running with friends.

Personally I'm still finding things to do, whether it's crafting or gathering or just helping ls/fc friends with story/relics etc.

and I started 2.0 with everything at 50
Old 2013-11-08, 17:35   Link #1226
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'll give it the 1-month free through buying shot. Then post again on how I like it.
Old 2013-11-08, 20:55   Link #1227
Helius

Quote:
I'll give it the 1-month free through buying shot. Then post again on how I like it.
Might I suggest you try a Japanese server for starters. I tend to find myself more comfortable in the company of JP players.

The NA/EU servers can be a little chaotic in that the players go about things more aggressively, sometimes quite ridiculously so, like a tank charging people 1/4 million of Gils to tank certain high level dungeons... etc etc.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 01:36   Link #1228
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Might I suggest you try a Japanese server for starters. I tend to find myself more comfortable in the company of JP players.

The NA/EU servers can be a little chaotic in that the players go about things more aggressively, sometimes quite ridiculously so, like a tank charging people 1/4 million of Gils to tank certain high level dungeons... etc etc.
Whoever does that must be either dumb or desperate . There's a duty finder and FC for a reason xP

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 06:20   Link #1229
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Whoever does that must be either dumb or desperate . There's a duty finder and FC for a reason xP
When you have waited hours for Amdapor Keep as a DPS to no avail, stupidity and desperation do come into play...
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 09:26   Link #1230
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well I'm already set on Hyperion. I'll be starting out with Conjurer since it seems like a good class to start with to me.
Old 2013-11-09, 12:06   Link #1231
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
When you have waited hours for Amdapor Keep as a DPS to no avail, stupidity and desperation do come into play...
O_O

O_O

Titan I can sort of understand, as that fight has more to do with finding a party of people who knows what they're doing....

but AK??!!
Old 2013-11-09, 16:26   Link #1232
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I've queued solo for AK as black mage on many, many, many occasions. Even at extremely off-peak hours, I've never sat in queue for longer than 45 minutes.

I usually just queue on scholar these days, because it means instant-15 minute queues instead of 15-45 minute queues. Eos does all the work, though, and usually unless I get a bad party, I'm not healing, I'm putting up dots.
Old 2013-11-11, 01:12   Link #1233
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Well I'm already set on Hyperion. I'll be starting out with Conjurer since it seems like a good class to start with to me.
Conjurer huh. Hopefully, you can stand the sound of rocks when you're soloing
Old 2013-11-11, 05:32   Link #1234
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I just hit 30 Archer, 15 Pugulist yesterday and completed the quest to become a Bard. Loving the Archer-Bard. I generally dislike playing a bow class on any MMO because majority of the time it's just stand, point, and shoot with not-so-cool skill visuals. With FF, Archer-Bard is kinda broken since we can kite and shoot behind our back without having to stop, but I'm not complaining. I'm one of those that like to play on the move even if it's just jumping up and down xD. The skill visuals are awesome, could be better, but definitely better than what I've seen in many other MMOs (Cabal Online is the only exception haha). I kinda was expecting Bard to be a little different. All it really is, is just adding a continuous buff....was expecting Bard to be more...extravagant I guess ? But I'm not letting that get to me, just playing as an Archer is fun and my DPS is great.

I was told that I should have joined the Adders FC or whatever it's called, but I didn't know what to choose before and picked the Maelstorm one and I'm already ranked Colonel. I was told that the Adders gear are more focused for Archers and I noticed that the higher end gear from Maelstorm don't even have any Dex on it. I'm guessing I should switch? My buddy said I don't really have to, but considering the gear has no Dex I see no reason to continue the Maelstorm.

Old 2013-11-11, 10:29   Link #1235
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Conjurer huh. Hopefully, you can stand the sound of rocks when you're soloing
At least you get your rotation down pretty early
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 00:15   Link #1236
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
At least you get your rotation down pretty early
And the instant joining of df instead of waiting 45mins ^^
Old 2013-11-12, 02:14   Link #1237
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
I was told that I should have joined the Adders FC or whatever it's called, but I didn't know what to choose before and picked the Maelstorm one and I'm already ranked Colonel. I was told that the Adders gear are more focused for Archers and I noticed that the higher end gear from Maelstorm don't even have any Dex on it. I'm guessing I should switch? My buddy said I don't really have to, but considering the gear has no Dex I see no reason to continue the Maelstorm.
Nah, I wouldn't bother. GC equip's aren't that much better than compared to normal dungeon drops, and as for high level equips, it will soon be outclassed by WP/AK items (WP/AK are level 50 dungeons that drop level 55/60 equips, respectively). The only worthwhile GC equip to get is probably the weapon, but again, your going to get a better weapon soon enough too.

This is one of my complaints about the FC/seals -- I have nearly 40k seals now, and I have nothing good to use it for. I really hope the next big patch is going to increase the number of items available in FC shop.

I recently crafted a HQ vanya hat, and ended up blowing all my gil (down to 4 digits lol) for melding... How are you guys making gil these days? I prefer to sell craft/gathering items, but the market is getting worse day after day (more competition -> less price). I used to have monopoly over HQ dagger soup, selling at about 3.5k per one of them, and after couple weeks, the 10+ people showed up in the market with price around 2k... All these gold sellers/bots, always breaking the market. Hopefully SE will find some lasting solution to them..
Old 2013-11-12, 03:40   Link #1238
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
How are you guys making gil these days?
I'm still quite new to this, but food/meals are quite pricey. I'm lucky to have my buddy craft me them for free, but some of that stuff is expensive, especially the HQ ones. I believe in the upcoming patch they're allowing the meal to persist after dying, which would save a lot of money and at the same time it might make food/meals more appealing to buy.

Old 2013-11-12, 22:36   Link #1239
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I got into a WP speed run for the first time and boy is it super fast. I thought 30 minutes were normal but just finished one under 14 minutes, and that was with some mishaps too. With higher gears, i guess its possible to do under 10 minutes
Old 2013-11-13, 04:20   Link #1240
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I've been making money by mining shards and selling them. It seems slow, but it's really not that bad. When I finally get done gearing out all of my alternate jobs I can start selling philosophy tome crafting materials.

My Free Company got our first Titan kill last week (and several other kills after, though Titan is so goddamned latency-sensitive we can spend an hour and a half wiping on him if the servers are laggy) and tonight we cleared Turn 1 of The Binding Coil of Bahamut. Our ranks are swelling to the point where I'm starting to organize things for a second Coil group.

Running a guild is lots of work, but it's sure satisfying, especially when we progress. I didn't expect a Caduceus kill our second time in!

Tags
mmorpg