AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 50 46.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 23.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-20, 06:08   Link #121
Qikz

Ok, I love this show and this episode was good, but was it really necessary? It seems like such a throw away thing to happen, I mean, if they'd all stayed calm most of the people who died there wouldn't have died (such as the girl who fell out the window trying to kill Mei).

I also can't for the life of me work out how Takako died as sure she got her head stuck in the cables, but why didn't she just you know... step back?

EDIT: Also, last episode Mei said that she knew the other was here meaning that she knew who it was. Why didn't she just bloody tell anyone? :/
Old 2012-03-20, 06:25   Link #122
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

the ep is LOL

sakakibara opens door * hi manager,close door*
the other boy * hi manager [CHARIZARD USED FIREBLAST!!!] , got cooked*
Old 2012-03-20, 06:37   Link #123
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
the ep is LOL

sakakibara opens door * hi manager,close door*
the other boy * hi manager [CHARIZARD USED FIREBLAST!!!] , got cooked*
His death was one of the only ones that made sense. Isn't it the sudden gain of oxygen to a place with no oxygen (because the fire has consumed it all) what causes a back draft or whatever it's called?

Kouichi obviously got to the door before the oxygen was all gone.
Old 2012-03-20, 06:46   Link #124
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
His death was one of the only ones that made sense. Isn't it the sudden gain of oxygen to a place with no oxygen (because the fire has consumed it all) what causes a back draft or whatever it's called?

Kouichi obviously got to the door before the oxygen was all gone.
well, the door was opened when Sakakibara saw the fire. He closed it afterwards, so maybe no oxygen came in when he closed it.

So unluckily, the dude that tried to take a peek got an exploding surprise.

Old 2012-03-20, 06:51   Link #125
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
well, the door was opened when Sakakibara saw the fire. He closed it afterwards, so maybe no oxygen came in when he closed it.

Well, there is going to be some air entering the burning room even with the door tightly closed, but the fire was consuming the oxygen much faster than it could be resupplied. Sakaibara looked into the burning room from the door which was left ajar. Then he closed it completely before leaving. So when the next guy came and popped the door open, he did indeed create a backdraft. The explosion that occurred in the show actually can occur in real life if the backdraft is large enough, this is why a backdraft is one of the most dangerous things a firefighter faces during the course of his already very dangerous profession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I also can't for the life of me work out how Takako died as sure she got her head stuck in the cables, but why didn't she just you know... step back?
It looked like she got tangled in the cables, then the ceiling gave way because of the explosion downstairs, which caused the cables to pull her upwards, somehow one of the cables got wrapped around her throat, and gravity took care of the rest. Hanging is a pretty terrible way to die if your neck doesn't break immediately, that's why execution by hanging involves a trap door which drops you a minimum of 5-6 feet, it's to ensure your neck breaks and you don't suffocate like that while the witnesses are watching in horror.
Old 2012-03-20, 06:51   Link #126
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Aye. A backdraft happens when the fire has consumed all oxygen in a closed room, and there’s a sudden influx of air. It would have taken some time between both door openings for that to happen.
(although smoke would have already filled the hall just by Kouichi opening the door, and the burnt smell would have been evident from a good distance around the lodge… not to mention inside!)

Well realistically he wouldn’t have been able to open the door as the handle would be burning hot. That something is going on would also be visible due to yellow smoke coming through the openings in the door by pulses. You usually also can hear a low muffled sound coming from the room, and the door would be slightly vibrating.
Touching the door before entering a room where there's a fire is a good indicator usually. If it's burning hot, there's a danger of a backdraft occurring.
Old 2012-03-20, 08:10   Link #127
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It hadn't clicked to me, but should Mei actually be considered not to be an another candidate? I mean, the Another is supposed to believe him/herself that everything is fine and dandy, and what better way that give him/her some bull power that makes him/her believe the Another is someone else.
Old 2012-03-20, 08:50   Link #128
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Best episode. The death rate went horribly high and more creative. Not too few students have gone Ax Crazy and started running after Mei believing she is the Another.

You know? Usually crazy schoolgirs murdering people is funny, but here it's just... Fucking depressing. Sugiura's death was especially horrible. I know she tried to turn everyone against Mei and stuff, but it's impossible to not pity her. They are all just trying to survive.

It seems Mei had enough, and knowing the identity of the Another, she goes to kill them herself. Hoping to stop this tragedy, that claimed so many lives already.
Old 2012-03-20, 09:05   Link #129
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Spoiler for Ep. 11:
Something to support this theory (though I kinda hope it isn't true, I like him):

Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2012-03-20, 09:16   Link #130
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post

It looked like she got tangled in the cables, then the ceiling gave way because of the explosion downstairs, which caused the cables to pull her upwards, somehow one of the cables got wrapped around her throat, and gravity took care of the rest. Hanging is a pretty terrible way to die if your neck doesn't break immediately, that's why execution by hanging involves a trap door which drops you a minimum of 5-6 feet, it's to ensure your neck breaks and you don't suffocate like that while the witnesses are watching in horror.
They could have made it an ultra long drop.....then her head would come off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post

Spoiler for What a smarting headache...:
Of all scenes this anime season I laughed hardest at this...I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!! KILL.....*SPLAT*

In a way worthy of a 90s arcade game to boot...
Old 2012-03-20, 09:30   Link #131
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The way I see it all the deaths and tense moments in the series have been pretty ridiculous and extreme, but they were always punctuated by long periods of tension building atmosphere and dialogue before, after and inbetween. When you have multiple deaths and tense moments compounded together though you get this episode.
Old 2012-03-20, 09:38   Link #132
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

The writers finally decided to pull out the big guns, with sudden jumpy moments and the sudden 'zombification' of everyone. It was rather interesting when it started out so but after a while, it started to seem quite ridiculous and at some parts, funny. Personal opinion though, no offense.

Many if not most of the deaths portrayed in this episode are quite gruesome though, well perhaps that is to be expected after so long. And maybe it would help if they explained what made the old hag go berserk, pardon me if they did and i missed the part.
Old 2012-03-20, 10:02   Link #133
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
The writers finally decided to pull out the big guns, with sudden jumpy moments and the sudden 'zombification' of everyone. It was rather interesting when it started out so but after a while, it started to seem quite ridiculous and at some parts, funny. Personal opinion though, no offense.

Many if not most of the deaths portrayed in this episode are quite gruesome though, well perhaps that is to be expected after so long. And maybe it would help if they explained what made the old hag go berserk, pardon me if they did and i missed the part.
Spoiler for Well...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The way I see it all the deaths and tense moments in the series have been pretty ridiculous and extreme, but they were always punctuated by long periods of tension building atmosphere and dialogue before, after and inbetween. When you have multiple deaths and tense moments compounded together though you get this episode.
In a nutshell, sir, this is truly a teen slasher. If we want suspense or horror with brains, Monster comes to mind.

You have to consider that the director of this show is the same guy who drove Blargh-C off the cliff... and Dokuro-chan (yeah, here the poor boy who gets bludgeoned with only half his head off, and then revived with his head back).

Except that I think he was aiming for homage to The Shining (hotel setting, Yumi's "HEEERE'S JOHNNY" moment) and Carrie (the school gym is set on fire, after almost all the revelers inside are killed), which were at first criticized and panned harshly.

Anyway, let's wait for the finale. I want to see who'll be coming out of the Yomiyama shitstorm alive at the light of dawn. TIME TO PLACE YOUR BETS, FOLKS!

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-20 at 10:23.
Old 2012-03-20, 10:21   Link #134
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post

In a nutshell, sir, this is truly a teen slasher. If we want suspense or horror with brains, Monster comes to mind.
This ep does parallel Ruhenheim though...Except Ruhenheim didn't have so many comical death scenes...
Old 2012-03-20, 11:02   Link #135
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

At this rate, class 1998 will be lucky to have 2 graduates.

I'm curious where Kazami disappeared off to while all this was happening. We only hear from third party info of his whereabout and how he is throughout the entire episode.

And is Mei quite certain that she is able to see the dead? Is she very certain that her decision, of who the extra student is, the right one?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-03-20, 11:05   Link #136
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

That's exactly it. There was no oxygen to feed the fire so it quelled. But once he opened that door, well that happened. It's called backdraft.
Old 2012-03-20, 11:51   Link #137
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
If you're interested in the differences between the novel and the anime version so far, I listed them here.
You know after reading that this probably would have been better adapted as a 2 cours to give more time to elaborate further on what was going on, though I imagine doubling the episodes might make for some pacing issues.
Old 2012-03-20, 12:13   Link #138
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
Quote:
I thought I was the only one who thought that the girl that fell from the window was funny.

Spoiler for pic:

I mean come on, who falls and gets that position. XD
Yeah! XD
And there goes another cute character
Old 2012-03-20, 12:39   Link #139
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

She was lost as a cute character the moment she gained that serial killer face.
Old 2012-03-20, 13:22   Link #140
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

BLOOD-C:
Director - Mizushima Tsumuto

Another:
Director - Mizushima Tsumuto

*slames table*
EUREKA!!!

In the meantime, the NEET-brother's sister and her performance with two friends...
Spoiler for just an image:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread