Tsuruya Cultist

HR Magazine Scan

Spoiler for lingerie, partial nudity, no unnessessary male characters:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 16:00   Link #1102
Suiginto
Eien no Sora

Send a message via MSN to Suiginto
*sigh* too bad that the series ended....this anime could've been longer...erm btw does anybody know where could I find the KTTNS manga?? Can't find it anywhere ><"
Suiginto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 20:13   Link #1103
Mazryonh

I was fairly disappointed in Kannazuki no Miko, so I was a little hesitant with this series.

I wasn't exactly surprised with all the fanservice and yuri. I also wasn't surprised at the amount of angst in this show and how Kuu often spends the important moments crying, sobbing, or writing to her "Prince." But frankly, the angst in this show is a bit more convincing than having Chikane go into fanservice mode with water, and certainly Kyoshiro and Kuu spend more time being a couple in this show.

While it was apparent from the start about how much of a fairy tale this anime series was going to be, I did like how the characters confronted cruel reality (i.e., Kuu's actual Prince, Kyoshiro coming to grips with playing with the feelings of two women, etc.) and chose to hold onto their dreams. It was an added bonus that some of the Kaishaku look-a-likes in this show don't act like total clones of their previous selves--such as Sojiro, who is probably the most mature character in the whole cast.

I, too, would have liked the show to be longer--maybe more exposition devoted to Kuu's and Kyoshiro's dates, and how Setsuna feels about this. However, it's obvious from the later episodes that the animation budget was starting to get thin, so maybe next time Kaishaku ought to secure more funding.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 10:00   Link #1104
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
btw i see that blondy blushing at the following site's:
http://www.kyoshiro-sora.net/goods/index.html
under:
■第三巻  発売日:2007年6月22日(金)

did she blush btw? O_o i'm bloody curious and teasy about this.

btw whats the difference between the DVD and normal air-ed versions? any difference or additional unshown scenes?
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 12:45   Link #1105
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend View Post
under:

btw whats the difference between the DVD and normal air-ed versions? any difference or additional unshown scenes?
Each DVD has a 5-minute bonus mini-episode, so maybe that's where the shot is from. I think the episodes themselves are the same, but I haven't watched the first disc yet to check.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 14:24   Link #1106
Aurelia aurita
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend View Post
under:

I think it's an omake, as relentless flame instead. From the description, it sounds like Setsuna's been enhanced by Kuu's sparkle vision. The DVD versions are probably just higher quality and touched up like most anime DVD releases go. The omake for the fifth DVD looks like it's going to be hilarious.

Those trading cards look pretty...but horrendously expensive. One of them has Kipp's favorite picture
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 16:20   Link #1107
Aurelia aurita
???

I found a Chinese sub of the DVD episodes, including the special. I couldn't understand much of what was said, but it was nice seeing Setsuna again. She was really sweet, as usual. Kyoshiro's standing improved a little bit. But not that much.
Old 2007-05-22, 16:29   Link #1108
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I was fairly disappointed in Kannazuki no Miko, so I was a little hesitant with this series.

I wasn't exactly surprised with all the fanservice and yuri. I also wasn't surprised at the amount of angst in this show and how Kuu often spends the important moments crying, sobbing, or writing to her "Prince." But frankly, the angst in this show is a bit more convincing than having Chikane go into fanservice mode with water, and certainly Kyoshiro and Kuu spend more time being a couple in this show.

While it was apparent from the start about how much of a fairy tale this anime series was going to be, I did like how the characters confronted cruel reality (i.e., Kuu's actual Prince, Kyoshiro coming to grips with playing with the feelings of two women, etc.) and chose to hold onto their dreams. It was an added bonus that some of the Kaishaku look-a-likes in this show don't act like total clones of their previous selves--such as Sojiro, who is probably the most mature character in the whole cast.

I, too, would have liked the show to be longer--maybe more exposition devoted to Kuu's and Kyoshiro's dates, and how Setsuna feels about this. However, it's obvious from the later episodes that the animation budget was starting to get thin, so maybe next time Kaishaku ought to secure more funding.
KnM was much much better than this series
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 21:56   Link #1109
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

i never knew there are specials after the series ended. What really surprised me is there is a Kaon x Himeko SPECIALS. I found it here http://akayuuki.blogspot.com/

if you click on Setsuna picture it will take you directly there! Really >.> I would there would be kind heart out there(Which im sure) would sub this special. But even it wont happen, im glad to see those pics xD!
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 19:02   Link #1110
Kuu

This has to be my most favorite anime, and I've been into anime since I was 4, the artwork is really great, and I love the plot. It's not just the fact that I love Kaishaku, but it's a great anime. I wish I could buy the manga translated, or at least download a translated version... -.-
Kuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 23:43   Link #1111
kazune-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
The three trios in this anime, Kyoushiro,Setsuna and Kuu. Setsuna who sticks around Kyoushiro like a fool and Kuu useless and pethatic. Kyoushiro the stupidest among all. This anime is has too many fools. Kazuya was way doing the evil thing over(prefered Tsubasa -Nii san in KnM). This anime is not serious at all. Almost Kaishaku did it to satisfy all the fans who was drilling them about Knm.

Well this anime is about love sick fools. It provided some degree of entertainment, i guess the real entertainment was during the explaination and the arrival of the asshole Kazuya. Before that it was all characters trying to behave pethatic and symphathatic,kissing each other like a slut.

Honestly,the reason why i was watching this anime was because of Kaon and Himeko. But then, they dont really look like how they were in Knm. Kaon looks more soften, her hair is not as dark, i feel the seiyuu isnt doing her best. Himeko, behaving like a replica of Kuu,her hair, not as bright as before. Himeko was bright and her character was cheerful. Kaon was meant to be illuminous, dark, and graceful.

The anime is way too colourfull, but the colour are not dense, the shading feels lesser, and no dept into it.

If i knew the anime was this pethatic, they shouldnt included Chikane and Himeko. They should really just leave them at KnM. It just spoiled the characters.

I dont know how to rank this anime, it varies on peoples taste. This is just my opinion. The ranking goes to the viewers.

Haha I didnt like the characters either. At first I was weirded out too Absolute Angels with Absolute powers (limbs turning into robot parts? O_O ) Kuu's voice actress was annoying as hell "Haiken, watashi no ouji-sama.." and she says "Ayanokouji-san!"every minute. It had a lot of "WTF?!" moments too. I only watched it because I like the character design. It gets better halfway through the series I guess..
kazune-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 00:17   Link #1112
kazune-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
At least everyone lived in the end. I feel bad for Setsuna as she is the only one without anyone, but I ams ure she will find someone for her.
I know she's still partner-less in the end. In last episode everyone has their lovers/partners. Kyoshiro and Kuu, Kyoshiro's brother and that Green haired girl, Kazuya and Mejingord, Kaon and Himiko while Setsuna was crying (of happiness?) by herself as she watched Kyoshiro and Kuu dance in the sky and kiss like theres no tomorrow.
Old 2007-06-08, 00:55   Link #1113
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I think you should watch that last episode again since not everyone gets out alive

Wonder if Windf are still doing this, been ages since they released an ep
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 02:35   Link #1114
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
i never knew there are specials after the series ended. What really surprised me is there is a Kaon x Himeko SPECIALS. I found it here http://akayuuki.blogspot.com/

if you click on Setsuna picture it will take you directly there! Really >.> I would there would be kind heart out there(Which im sure) would sub this special. But even it wont happen, im glad to see those pics xD!
OOOOOohhhh... "overwhelmed with happiness."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuu View Post
This has to be my most favorite anime, and I've been into anime since I was 4, the artwork is really great, and I love the plot. It's not just the fact that I love Kaishaku, but it's a great anime. I wish I could buy the manga translated, or at least download a translated version... -.-
Well you're entitled to your own opinion, but overall it isn't that great of an anime. Story wise, it has the Girl meet Prince theme, then like Kannazuki, they add "Mechas" of all things into it. I found that the mechas destroyed Kannazuki, which also didn't have any storyline, just the trace of yuriness. Kyoshiro, has beautiful artwork, from the character design to the props to the backgrounds. Mechas, I suppose it was ok, but i'm not really a mecha person. It's neat and everything, but here's my opinion.

"If you can't create a good storyline, you better make your characters very attractive, and vice versa. If you have both, you're in luck, it's gonna be good then."

I haven't finished the anime yet, I had to drive my sisters to their dentist appointment and still have the last half to finish, of ep 12. ^_^.

Later now.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 16:25   Link #1115
Aurelia aurita
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
would there would be kind heart out there(Which im sure) would sub this special.
Got it. My friend and I found KTKJ's sub of it in Chinese, and we've translated it. We tried as much as possible to get it right using the bits of Japanese picked up from watching too much anime.... (Message me if the link's expired)

LINK REMOVED.

Nevermind. The video's fine now.
It's licensed now, so please don't distribute the link.

By the way, xeby-chan did an awesome article on Setsuna.

Last edited by Aurelia aurita; 2007-07-04 at 23:04. Reason: Licensed.
Old 2007-06-22, 22:41   Link #1116
kazune-kun

My new favorite vid

Let's Go, Together - Kyoshiro x Kuu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtGW_lR2Ba8
Old 2007-06-24, 02:47   Link #1117
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuu View Post
This has to be my most favorite anime, and I've been into anime since I was 4, the artwork is really great, and I love the plot. It's not just the fact that I love Kaishaku, but it's a great anime....
I'm not going to go that far, but I think it is very, very underrated. It isn't a boring, normal anime, and judging it in normal ways seems beside the point, to me. It has a special life of its own. It uses plot elements from elsewhere, but transcends them. Postmodern, lol.

EDIT: Oh, Setsuna! A great character beautifully voiced by Matsuoka Yuki (Osaka in Azumanga Daioh, Nana in Elfen Lied, Evangeline in Negima).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-06-24 at 12:13.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 03:14   Link #1118
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazune-kun View Post
I know she's still partner-less in the end. In last episode everyone has their lovers/partners. Kyoshiro and Kuu, Kyoshiro's brother and that Green haired girl, Kazuya and Mejingord, Kaon and Himiko while Setsuna was crying (of happiness?) by herself as she watched Kyoshiro and Kuu dance in the sky and kiss like theres no tomorrow.

That's, a wonderful way to put the dread and dismay that is and was Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora... o_o''
At this point I think we should all stand up and pledge our love and loyalty to Setsuna to fill the gap in her heart.(love gap)

I love you Setsuna!!! You've always got me!
Old 2007-06-24, 18:40   Link #1119
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Just watched this in one sitting. Just love the characters. The dudes who made UFO Princess and Kannaduki no Miko have done it again: Hot babes and effeminate guys.
However I can't shake off the feeling that it's a mesh of UFO and Kannaduki. Maybe it's because Himiko and Kaon are a rehash of Himeko and Chikane, Tarlotte is a nekomimi version of Chibi Walkure and Mejingord is the mirror of Adult Walkure (not to mention all of their voice actresses are exactly the same)

All in all, I liked the series. Not as tragic as Kannaduki yet not as happy as UFO.
My favourite of the 3 series is still UFO Princess though. Guess I still prefer happy animes.

The naming of the title is a little interesting though. "Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora" means "Kyoshiro and the Eternal Sky". The title is actually pronounced as "Kyoshiro to Eien no Sora (Kyoshiro and the Eternal Sky)" or "Kyoshiro to Eien no Kuu (Kyoshiro and Eternal Kuu)". The word "Towa" should be written in different characters but it has the same meaning as Eien(eternity) but with abstract usage. I guess "Towa no Sora" sounds more serious than Kuu.

Last edited by musashiken; 2007-06-24 at 18:59.
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 00:29   Link #1120
kazune-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
That's, a wonderful way to put the dread and dismay that is and was Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora... o_o''
At this point I think we should all stand up and pledge our love and loyalty to Setsuna to fill the gap in her heart.(love gap)

I love you Setsuna!!! You've always got me!
I love Setsuna too! She has unconditional love for Kyoshiro, always there watching from the sidelines, getting jealous but is still very accepting.

and there was this part when she was cleaning a room in episode 7, and she saw Kuu's notebook, (Kuu wrote Shiratori Kuu x Ayanokouji-sama and there was heart around it) she raised her arm and it transformed into mecha thing and was about to destroy the notebook but she stopped herself and closed the notebook itself.. How cute

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen