AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 55 36.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 28.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 19.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 12.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.34%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-08, 14:57   Link #81
ThoHell

LOL Yui is really cute, the voice was annoying but entertaining. Mio is cute as well, but she's cute in a different way from Yui. Yui is just awesome!
Old 2009-05-08, 14:58   Link #82
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

haha. we now know the reason behind Mio's lack of self-esteem.. good going Ritsu!
Old 2009-05-08, 15:16   Link #83
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Why are so many people disappointed in the music video? Was anyone honestly expecting something along the lines of Live a Live? And exactly what would be so enthralling about watching a fledgling rock band comprised of four high school freshmen performing in their first concert at a school festival?
I may have come off sounding like I was disappointed but it was ok. The power of Love and Peace wins again after all It was rather generic but it got the job done, more than I can say about most music videos I've seen. I'm more just divided whether this performance would've been better with or without it and I'm still not sure (and I'm now at the point of overthinking about it too much). I think the video woulda been more than enough had Yui's voice hadnt been well...you know. You dont usually see a music video and expect to hear someone's voice like that, and I think that's what's messing with my head right now about it. I know...I said I'd put her voice past me but its hard ok?

Last edited by Karlson; 2009-05-08 at 16:35.
Old 2009-05-08, 15:20   Link #84
slayer545-sama
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Odds are it's a bust of the school's founder. And yeah, hard to miss the decorations that change on him every week (or even more often than that, like in Ep. 5).
Your avatar makes LOL! Hahhaahh!
Old 2009-05-08, 15:29   Link #85
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Yui's VA was amazing this episode.
Old 2009-05-08, 15:33   Link #86
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

"No one will marry me now....."

Dear Mio, if no one marries you, I will! Let's make babies! *grabs her and takes her home*

It seems that Ritsu and Yui make extremely good buddies, they are completely insane. Sumo wrestler ftw!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-05-08, 15:41   Link #87
Coruja

I thought this one was a nice episode... I like it that their first song sounded so amateurish (and Yui's seiyuu was just plain awesome, Yui's voice really made me laugh ), and that they, as a band, are moderately believable and have much to improve (which is *a lot* better than I was expecting).
Old 2009-05-08, 15:52   Link #88
Raiga
tl;dr

Not like it hasn't already been said by almost everyone else, but props to Yui's seiyuu for the voice-box-tearing performance, even while singing. That's quite something to pull off for the whole episode, assuming she didn't actually lose her voice IRL. XD

Waiting for v2 raw to download (at least I know now it wasn't a problem with the script file, was going crazy trying to figure that out) but quite an enjoyable episode, and I thought the MTV sequence was quite fun, liked the retro-ness of it all, even if it meant no repeat Live Alive.

Camera-flash person is my hero.
Old 2009-05-08, 15:52   Link #89
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Kidding of course, but I do have to wonder about one thing. If the most talked about event of an episode is a disguised panty shot, where does that leave us with regard to this shows merits at the halfway point?
You can also question the audience interests and where their attention are. As I always say, it works both ways
Old 2009-05-08, 16:53   Link #90
kyosak
poo

LOL! I couldn't stop laughing at Yui's voice!
Old 2009-05-08, 17:28   Link #91
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Uhm, I honestly think this is better than Lucky star. It actually has a plot and is really funny. I felt for Mio, but to be honest, I would have died to see that...
Old 2009-05-08, 17:53   Link #92
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Man, I couldn't stop laughing every time Yui spoke especially when she imitated a Sumo wrestler. Little Mio and Ritsu were certainly cute. Nodoka-chan...looked damn good for some reason with that officer hat and armband
Old 2009-05-08, 18:31   Link #93
slayer545-sama
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
LOL! I couldn't stop laughing at Yui's voice!
Have just seen again! Cannot get enough of it! Agreed with the voice it looks like Yui really lost it and same happened to me at one point trying to imitate Guns N Roses

Some final thoughts on this would be the song is great with video once again, Ritsu should try to reverse psychology on Mio if the damage is not deep (may I suggest hypnotism?) and I made a mistake I thought the Yakisoba (fried noodles) was Yakitori (fried chicken).
Old 2009-05-08, 18:32   Link #94
stubby42

I havent read the entire blog but everyone thats complaining about the song being bad, thats the entire point its a big joke in the Manga.

As for not seeing a preformance, I'm not really that supprised, they'll save that until the final episode and blow their budget on something that will blow you away.
Old 2009-05-08, 18:39   Link #95
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Thoroughly enjoyed this. And I still can't get over the fact that someone actually had the presence of mind to snap a shot of Mio's panties. That should fetch quite a high price, at the schools, eh?

Old 2009-05-08, 18:49   Link #96
stubby42

Probably not, from what I gather they go to an all girls school.

I loved the episode, Yui made it for me though I have to admit my favourite moment was zombie Mugi.
Old 2009-05-08, 18:57   Link #97
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
Probably not, from what I gather they go to an all girls school.
It'll have a field of potential buyers still.
Old 2009-05-08, 19:14   Link #98
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Not to mention people from other schools were present at the concert (there were boys around, as well) - hence my point: it "should fetch quite a high price, at the schools".

Old 2009-05-08, 19:18   Link #99
Fran~
floating away...

It would be posted in /b/ in 0.002 seconds.
Old 2009-05-08, 19:20   Link #100
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, there's not a single doubt about that.

Closed Thread