AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2012-06-17, 19:19   Link #221
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
A Korean 48 probably wouldn't survive, unless it is heavily Koreanized to the point it no longer is a 48 group.

I agree, after all Korean do have two idol group that are arguably on par with AKB in turn of popularity and fame in the region with Kara and Girls' Generation.

Here the clip I mentioned:

Singles Medley, the rain just adds to the whole performance especially with River and Iiwake Maybe, two of my favorite song:

Spoiler for save space:

If anyone is interested in the whole concert here it is. At about 1:27:00 mark is the Heavy Rotation (Yuko Center) => Majisuka Gakuen => Beginner medley. The pouring rain only adds to the visual which made me want to get my hands on the DVD set, if I can find them.

Also at 16:30 mark is the fun Team B Oishi

While at 32:40 is Pioneer, a great team stage song.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/olndL5Loy8k/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
It's called SNSD.
I assume you mean SDN, I feel bad for them. It wasn't that the concept was bad, but they were neglected from the get go with pretty much zero back up. In the end if become the dump where older, less cute member goes to die.

They didn't even got a chance to give up on their own, which is the worse part about it. It's also one of reasons I don't mind Cindy is with Watari 7

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-06-17 at 19:34.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:47   Link #222
deflate

I wouldn't say that SNSD is the korean AKB, the concept between these two groups are too different to be considered as similar. AKB is about watching the girls grow through the stage, whereas all Korean idols are about factory-level perfection from the point they make their debut. And I don't think SNSD is an idol you could meet, either. Probably the only similar point between these two groups are their status as the "national idol".

About the concert, that concert is a particularly fun concert, especially at the first half of the days where they held a karaoke contest between the girls. The karaoke contest itself is gold (although the singing quality vary greatly), and everyone needs to see it!

SDN was originally created to fill in the performing gaps in the theater, as the main group itself was getting too busy to hold regular stage shows. It is a really bad thing they disbanded, since SDN has some of the most talented girls in the whole 48 family.
deflate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 12:52   Link #223
Undertaker

That's says how much I care about Korean idols, didn't know that SNSD=Girls Generation, lol. Nothing against them, but they are just too fabricated and perfect, though I got to admit, the legs in Kara are a killer for me, but still isn't enough for me to follow them. Then again, as I mentioned, other than a few individual idol who can act, Aragaki Yui and Toda Erika, I don't follow idols too much, especially group. AKB is the first and only exception that won me over other other than SMAP, because SMAP is just awesome in both variety and acting.

But yeah I agree you with here. Also, personally IMO, I thought they also wanted SDN to model after Kara a bit and being a more mature group of 48 family considering tha SDN performance does have a 18+ age requirement at first. Though with that being said, they still were given enough attention and proper manage. Sure they are the only team outside of Team A that received an original stage in their 1st stage but after that their is practically zero push behind them beyond the initial coverage that SDN is now formed.

Personally, I don't by the filling gap talk considering that their only stage slot was Saturday night at 9:30pm which was independent to AKB's regular slot. Even though it moved up to 7pm later, that at most took place if 1 time slot and soon after Team 4 was form for precisely that reason, to fill in the gap.

I thing to note after I did some wiki check. I first thought that they were shut down because their singles bombed. But looking the wiki, all their single were able to reach #2,3 spot on Oricon so they are far from terrible. Which makes me feel bad for them even more, because most likely reason they were shutdown was not they are not making the revenue, but they are not making it fast enough or big enough and it's better to transfer the resource back to the main family.
Old 2012-06-24, 14:42   Link #224
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I saw a video clip with Ami Maeda in it... Does any one else think she's grown 4 inches since she joined AKB48 ? Just wondering.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 18:25   Link #225
sa547
*Author

As some of the members are in their late teens, yeah, they're still in their growth spurts (take one look at SKE's Jurina Matsui and you think she appears older and taller when she's actually younger than that).
Old 2012-07-04, 12:03   Link #226
Undertaker

Stage unit songs I mentioned:

Spoiler for Some AKB unit songs:
Old 2012-07-05, 21:37   Link #227
mochichan

^
Looking at that Rina vid...ugh.....that girl....what a freaking horrible career choice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

I thing to note after I did some wiki check. I first thought that they were shut down because their singles bombed. But looking the wiki, all their single were able to reach #2,3 spot on Oricon so they are far from terrible. Which makes me feel bad for them even more, because most likely reason they were shutdown was not they are not making the revenue, but they are not making it fast enough or big enough and it's better to transfer the resource back to the main family.
I don't think ranking matter much since their sales aren't that high compare to the other loli sister groups like SKE or NMB....:\ SDN image was not as accessible like the other 48. SDN appeal more to the mature audience with their sexy image.
I feel like part of the reason is to pool resources to the new SHN48, Taiwan48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
As some of the members are in their late teens, yeah, they're still in their growth spurts (take one look at SKE's Jurina Matsui and you think she appears older and taller when she's actually younger than that).
SHE LOOK 21!!

Which is a reverse of AKB members because some look way younger than their real age lol
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 23:53   Link #228
Undertaker

I still can't get over Takamina's audition picture. While she still pretty much looks the same, she just gave out an aura that she's at least in her 20s. Mariko mentioned that in a variety show. She mention she was sitting next to Rina and Takamina and was for sure she would make the cut because Rina looks too fragile and sickly while and Takamina looks much older then her.

As for Rina's career choice, from what I learn from reading posts, it seem that super-long time fans (ones who follows them since 05,06), they all seems to belief that Rina made the decision due to family debt and that it was out of necessity rather than than voluntary. Her family, like Mi-chan's wasn't very good financially, and she was known to have Bronchial Asthma with terrible health along with chronological issues in her lower back which mades her miss her stage more often then her other peers.

Also she was part of that mass graduation in 08, where the members left at time were leaving more or less due to financial reasons. Not only that, her younger sister soon joined her as well and both retired at same time this year all suggest if was more of a financial move.

In addition, unlike other scandals, 48 group didn't mention ANYTHING on the subject, at same time they didn't really separate them self completely from her either. Also all the members, especially the early members didn't say any bad things or throw her under the bus, nor did they question her choice. They all seem to sudden in a understandable way at her decision. Takamina was quoted one time that it was 1 of 2 things that they were forbidden to comment on. (The other figure to be DefStar incident that have since coming to light) All these are pointed to that this event has more to it then a simple career choice.

Heck from what I read on some blog and forums before, some old Rena supporters and conspiracists think that the AKS purposely sold her contract to a shady agency that had ties to Yakuza when they were selling the contracts.

Me, after looks some old footage on her performance and personality and seeing that she was a 1st gen member, I tend to believe that with those super long time fan that it was something that she was forced to do.

Though to tell you the truth, I don't really care. AV actress is a legit career in Japan, and everyone is entitled to make money legally using what they have. Besides there are plenty of AV actress that ends up having positive career in entertainment field and are well known philanthropist. Besides, from what I know, none of her films are of extreme types or weird fetishes and for a marketable AV actress like her, her number ot works is fairly limited and extremely low compare to other top AV who have around a 50-100 films out a year.

Anyway, as ACG fan and supporter of yuri, I still can't get over seeing that scene from Yoru no ChoCho where Tomo was yelling "Onee-chan-ma" then Me-Tan reply with the perfect seduction voice "Good girl....."

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-07-06 at 00:19.
Old 2012-07-09, 12:13   Link #229
sa547
*Author

...and also Thank You Very Much.
Old 2012-07-12, 17:53   Link #230
Undertaker

Speaking of 21st, she also performed in potentially her last stage before next month's graduation. Team A was fully accounted for (minus Sashihara, her replacement was Mutou Tomu, the only trainee who got into this years election at #49.)

I also heard saw the PVs of Mayuyu and French Kiss' new singles. Mayuyu's new single is ok, better than her first, IMO, though not as catchy. However her PV is incredibly cute. I also loves her ponytail hair style in PV. I've always thought that was better suited for her than her usual twin tails (not that twin tails is bad or anything.) As for French Kiss' single, it was ok, nothing really stand out for that one.

But I gotta complain, where the hell is the the single for No3b?
Old 2012-07-14, 15:46   Link #231
RDF2050
Superidol

Has anyone watch these videos?

My admiration to this group of idols has increase 1000% after watching these videos. I didn't know they have a very hard time in their first 4 years. It was so sad watching how they still smile and sing when there were NO FANS around. This is truly a group of idols to admire and the owner of the project is such a genius gentlemen.
Old 2012-07-14, 21:21   Link #232
Undertaker

Yeah, that's the KinSma SP (one of SMAP's variety shows) aired early this year around the time they won the Japan 's top music award, the Japan Record Award.

The SP is great for new fans, and in all fairness goes through the external hurdles the group faces. It however didn't go in detail on the internal issues that arise due to the way the group operated. Those are things that once you start following their various shows and appearances and read between the line and will realises that the ones that are left standing right now are all incredible tough mental-wise.

Those are things like TeamA-K feud, (1st gen v.s. 2 gen). Dysfunctional Team, A/K versus B. Achan coming to term with her center role, Yuko' struggle, Takamina being forced on to leadership role and almost broke down, Yukirin's ambition, Mayuyu and Umeda's come back trail, Jurina/SKE event, Mariko's acceptance into the group, Mi-chan's coming to grip with reality, the sad tale of SDN members, etc. All these are things you learns as you get deeper and deeper into this group.

I've never into idols before with exception of ones that can act like Toda Erika, Aragaki Yui, Nakama Yukie, but even then, I only follow their drama career and had no interest in their music or even gravure. That goes the same with male idols like SMAP, Kinki Kids, etc. But AKB totally destroyed that for me.
Old 2012-07-24, 19:42   Link #233
sa547
*Author

Frozen idols, anyone?
Old 2012-07-24, 20:30   Link #234
Undertaker

This little CM series is getting interesting. So now we have 2 dead bodies and 2 dying messages with a slew of witness interviews. Man this is literally better then the usual Detective Conan short cases.
Old 2012-07-24, 20:51   Link #235
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
This little CM series is getting interesting. So now we have 2 dead bodies and 2 dying messages with a slew of witness interviews. Man this is literally better then the usual Detective Conan short cases.
Spoiler for LOL:
Old 2012-07-25, 01:24   Link #236
Undertaker

Apparently yesterday in the Summer Special of their music variety show, Kayō Kyoku, they debut a live performance their next single Gingham Check. I was going to link them from Youtube if there are any, but the two video I found had already got taken down.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/byvoUnsOy7k/

This song is, OK I guess, it's got the feel of AKB's summer/bikini songs without an extremely catchy chorus. This song surprises me a bit because I though the song was going to be a bit more, grand, for lack of better words, since it is the election song. While it does have a bit of Yuko solo dance in the end, but overall, the song felt a bit flat due to lacking both identifiable dance move and a chorus that is not quite as catchy compare to their recent singles. But that's just my initial opinion, who know, it might grew on me with a few more exposures.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-07-25 at 02:43.
Old 2012-08-02, 19:14   Link #237
sa547
*Author

For Gingham Check's PV, the director chosen to do the work is none other than Joseph Kahn. That's right, he has a very long resume, and given the preview (which the PV carries a Rebel Without a Cause theme), I hope it's a welcome change from the rather mind-jarring Manatsu no Feel Good PV.

(I'll not be surprised if another PV will ask for the services of McG.)

Last edited by sa547; 2012-08-02 at 23:44.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 20:54   Link #238
Undertaker

Yeah, I was also confused on Manatsu's PV (Dance ver. is great it's the drama ver.). At first I thought is was symbolizing Mayuyu and Jurina leading the next gen as the current top were in trouble and dying. But then everybody dies except Aachan and Mayuyu and finally they meet up with each other. I want to say it was getting into philosophical metaphor and afterlife, but that was too much analyzing for my like for a happy summer song so I stopped thinking about it. But I do like the extra election clips that runs downs the candidates, those collage videos were pretty well done.

But man they just keep finding those well known directors to do their PVs. Granted, since very beginning, AKB has always been known for their production values on PV, but since Iiwake Maybe, that production value really went sky-rocket.

EDIT:

Some new coverage on shooting of Gingham Check's PV. Seems like the MV is going to have a very American 60'-70' feel to it along with a little bit of turf battle mixed in. I have to say I like their customs in PV, kind wish it'll replace the dress that they had being wearing in the few live performance of the song so far. Though I guess it was sort of fitting as those plain dresses did reminded me of maid uniforms in those traditional American diners.

Looks like it'll be a fun MV, and I take back what I said about the song before, the part where the song has jumpy notes with both-hands up and moving according to note, is starting to grow on me.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-08-05 at 01:08.
Old 2012-08-18, 00:36   Link #239
sa547
*Author

Argh, HKT48 today suffers the worst loss in its history, as five of its top members have been fired by management for apparent personal misconduct (and thus a contract breach) a few nights ago.

http://www.hkt48.jp/update/update_en...id=11331501203
http://ameblo.jp/hkt48/entry-11331501203.html
http://www.hkt48.jp/profile/
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/akb48siri...1b6b69f7-s.jpg

The following are:
- Eto Sayaka
- Komori Yui
- Sugamoto Yuko
- Taniguchi Airi
- Nakanishi Ayaka

Management did damage control so ruthlessly quick before 2channers could bring out more "exposes" out in the open, but personally... it's a fucking hard loss, especially that Sugamoto had so much potential.
Old 2012-08-18, 20:36   Link #240
Undertaker

Man, this is reminiscent of Team B event. Before team B debuted, there were a mass firing/resignition that included many potential members the the fans were looking forward to. Those member were apparently pulling too much behind-stage politics and stuff. But Team B got stronger as a result of this.

SKE didn't have that problem because it has members from AKB and the presence of W Matsui who that acts as anchor, NMB had some issues as well but got sorted out and is now stabilizing, so I won't be too worry about ig.

Besides, HKT48 probably would benefit for it as well. Granted, loosing Komori and Sugamoto 2 of 5 most popular members in the group (other than Sashi, center Kodama, and top selection member Sakura) at same time is a huge hit but it might clears up potential trouble down the road, who knows?

What's interesting was after looking though some blogs and forums, Komori's dismissal was the shocker considering that no one thought she was involved in the news before. Which lead to speculation that she was only involved more due to the backstage politic that she was generally part of that group that caused the trouble.

well, good thing that I only care about Sakura (who made an appearance in Akabingo this week performing Give Me Five as Aachan's under) right now and after that is was Sashi Kodama so it didn't really bother me too much. Afterall keeping up with the main army in AKB and the SKE special force is already taking up too much of my life....