AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-23, 04:48   Link #30261
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Not really fond of the back skirt on the Proto Zero, maybe just cause it's a little bland.
But other than that I really do quite like the look of it all and the flight mode looks great.

But dat sexy Gold Frame!
Where's my MG GOLD FRAME!?
Old 2013-07-23, 05:10   Link #30262
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The bird mode of the Proto Zero looks good and massive. I hope it hold itself together well in the final product. Also, I notice that Bandai still can’t pull off Wing Zero’s “foot sliding into legs when in Bird-mode” mechanism in MG (even though they can do it with the HG kits). Meh, never mind. Might as well perfected the mechanism before they release the true MG Wing Zero (I’m still hoping here).

I like that now we can have a model of Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Ghina custom (without the high-heels ).
Old 2013-07-23, 05:16   Link #30263
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Not really fond of the back skirt on the Proto Zero, maybe just cause it's a little bland.
But other than that I really do quite like the look of it all and the flight mode looks great.

But dat sexy Gold Frame!
Where's my MG GOLD FRAME!?
I do like it as well but I would still have prefered the regular TV version^^ But this is better than nothing I guess!
As for the neo bird mode... Naa. Not a fan of that. I don't like that the back just has the legs sticking out like that. Almost all transforming suits have that kind of design and I just can't get warm with it.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 06:43   Link #30264
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
I do like it as well but I would still have prefered the regular TV version^^ But this is better than nothing I guess!
As for the neo bird mode... Naa. Not a fan of that. I don't like that the back just has the legs sticking out like that. Almost all transforming suits have that kind of design and I just can't get warm with it.
MG Wing gundam did a good job in my opinion. It can function well as both, birdmode and MS. It looks like the proto will pull it off as well. The real question is... Are they going to recycle the old MG inner frame(MG Wing zero), on this kit?

Also I agree with you on the 3.0. It's cool to build the inner frame. It does take a lot of patience though. I wouldn't want to have to build the 3.0 or MG Nu Ver KA as my first kit... lol
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 08:38   Link #30265
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The bird mode of the Proto Zero looks good and massive. I hope it hold itself together well in the final product. Also, I notice that Bandai still can’t pull off Wing Zero’s “foot sliding into legs when in Bird-mode” mechanism in MG (even though they can do it with the HG kits). Meh, never mind. Might as well perfected the mechanism before they release the true MG Wing Zero (I’m still hoping here).
The old 1/100 HG and the 1/144 could only do that because they had to completely give up on making the foot poseable. I still remember my old 1/144 having horrid ankle movement, and unfortunately the 1/100 uses a similar mechanism.

From the pic, the MG Wing Zero looks like it changes the mechanism so the foot simple collapses unto itself like with the Wing Gundam, and then it retracts inside the leg.

Speaking of the Wing Gundam:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RIGHT IN MY NOSTALGIAS ;-;

The MG Wing is nice, but I really do want it in 1/144 afterall.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-07-24 at 08:28.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 09:19   Link #30266
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Speaking of the Wing Gundam:
http://i.imgur.com/yagYWyW.jpg
RIGHT IN MY NOSTALGIAS ;-;

I wish they had had this shoulder position on the MG Wing. It just looks far more badass.
Old 2013-07-23, 16:13   Link #30267
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
From the pic, the MG Wing Zero looks like it changes the mechanism so the foot simple collapses unto itself like with the Wing Gundam, and then it retracts inside the leg.
Sorry, I didn't see any MG Wing Zero in any pic. All I see is a MG Wing Zero-wannabe called Proto Zero .

Quote:
Let's hope that the yellow parts aren't stickers .
Old 2013-07-23, 16:38   Link #30268
Skye629

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't see any MG Wing Zero in any pic. All I see is a MG Wing Zero-wannabe called Proto Zero .

Let's hope that the yellow parts aren't stickers .
Given the color separation on the HGxx (AU kits). I highly doubt that they are stickers
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 19:32   Link #30269
Providenceangle

Yeah MG Strike RM is badass...

Old 2013-07-24, 00:45   Link #30270
Skye629

Aannnnndddd the HG Amatsu with the gold (non puke variety?) is a P-Bandai Exclusive...

Go figure.........

The standard release one leaves alot to be desired in the gold......

Looking at it more optimistically at least we have both options in HG.......
Old 2013-07-24, 06:10   Link #30271
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Aannnnndddd the HG Amatsu with the gold (non puke variety?) is a P-Bandai Exclusive...

Go figure.........

The standard release one leaves alot to be desired in the gold......

Looking at it more optimistically at least we have both options in HG.......
Welcome to astray fan rip off part 1
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 09:20   Link #30272
Providenceangle

I wonder how much detail will be in the RG Strike Freedom?
Old 2013-07-24, 15:09   Link #30273
helois

i didn't find the time to buy the red team(also in the same time i spent the money to live.. XD ),but i bought a HG Delta Kai with the code of mid campaign.. i hope to win..
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 15:00   Link #30274
Araxiel

Recently scored a freebie of that one essential item no gunpla collector can be without.

Shelves.

Old 2013-07-25, 15:17   Link #30275
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
Recently scored a freebie of that one essential item no gunpla collector can be without.

Shelves.

Ooooohh! Valvrave! How is that kit?

AGE-1 with Sparrow shoulders? Nice. Is that a purple Zedas in the back?

I used to have a shelf like yours, but I found over time the dust REALLY built up after a month or so

Have since switched it out for a glass display case (steel/metal frame) with lighting at the top, I highly suggest this if you can afford one (approx $75-90 for a decent one? Higher end ones with wood costs more). I also like them as the dimensions I chose takes up less room (taller, by eyeing it about 17"x17" and 6' tall)

How were you displaying before btw? Sitting on the desk?

How do I post personal pics on here guys? Think its about time I showed off a bit of what I got
Old 2013-07-25, 15:50   Link #30276
Araxiel

Quote:
Ooooohh! Valvrave! How is that kit?
Much akin to a high-end HG kit, but with lots of extras. Several clear effect parts, a stand, scale pilot figure, and a ton of weapons. Very nice. However, I built it alongside my friend who hadn't done any gunpla before, and he struggled even with me helping him.
Quote:
AGE-1 with Sparrow shoulders? Nice. Is that a purple Zedas in the back?
Yep, that's the AG section, haha. The AGE-1 is based off a HG custom of an 'AGE-1 Kai' that I saw somewhere; It has Spallow's shoulders and knife, G-Exes legs and rifle. And that is indeed a purple Zedas!

Quote:
I used to have a shelf like yours, but I found over time the dust REALLY built up after a month or so

Have since switched it out for a glass display case (steel/metal frame) with lighting at the top, I highly suggest this if you can afford one (approx $75-90 for a decent one? Higher end ones with wood costs more). I also like them as the dimensions I chose takes up less room (taller, by eyeing it about 17"x17" and 6' tall)
I would really like to get a glass display case one day [the ones Games Workshop usually use in their storefronts really attract me, and they're commercially available], but as I say, this one was free, so it'll do me for now.
Quote:
How were you displaying before btw? Sitting on the desk?
As of now, my Gunpla collection is split between;
*A bookshelf in my old room at my parents' place
*Shelving in my bedroom
*The shelves you see here
*Some in boxes due to lack of room
Currently my bedroom shelf looks like this;

Quote:
How do I post personal pics on here guys? Think its about time I showed off a bit of what I got
Good old Photobucket works for me.
Old 2013-07-25, 16:15   Link #30277
Providenceangle

Yeah photobucket with [img]yourlinkhere[/img] works perfectly fine.
Old 2013-07-25, 16:19   Link #30278
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Easy, just take a picture of your collection, upload it to picture-hosting sites (photobucket, imgur, etc), display your pic with the said site, copy the addres and post it here using the "insert image" command. You can also use Animesuki's "photo album" feature to host your pic if you don't mind the size limitation. Here's one example from my asuki album:

Old 2013-07-26, 08:13   Link #30279
Providenceangle

Quote:
Easy, just take a picture of your collection, upload it to picture-hosting sites (photobucket, imgur, etc), display your pic with the said site, copy the addres and post it here using the "insert image" command. You can also use Animesuki's "photo album" feature to host your pic if you don't mind the size limitation. Here's one example from my asuki album:

That's the HG Heavy arms EW ya? It looks pretty detailed... At least more then I remember. :P
Old 2013-07-26, 13:06   Link #30280
Skye629

Ah thanks guys! Ill get around to this at some point, right now there are a bunch of kits I need to fix up to display, plus waiting on a order of action bases. Some of the kits desperately needs one :P

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy