AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 11 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 65 43.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 24.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 14.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 8.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.34%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.67%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-19, 11:31   Link #41
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm speechless at how awesome this series was. This series quite literally ended up with a BANG!
Old 2009-06-19, 11:32   Link #42
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

So why would he erase his memory after asking Juiz to make him King...
Old 2009-06-19, 11:38   Link #43
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So. Fucking. Awesome.

BANG!

I can't believe we have to wait so long for the film but I'm chuffed there's two!
Old 2009-06-19, 11:46   Link #44
Andrius

Earlier I thought movie would tell the events before Akira's memory wipe, but now, seeing that there is no real conclusion, movie will probably be a sequel. Tho I expect some flashbacks with a real explanation of earlier events. Another crazy guess: if movies are prequel to the series, then "becoming a king" might be explained in a way that would make tv series ending actually mean something and be the real ending.
Old 2009-06-19, 12:08   Link #45
Bliner

Just watched the epi and was really ROX!!!

ALL HAIL TO AKIRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-06-19, 12:38   Link #46
BlackDove
Unheard

The Patriots....
Old 2009-06-19, 13:32   Link #47
Lostdreams

Wow, this episode ended the series off with awesomeness. Just finished this ep, and you can't not be amazed. I pity the fool who didn't give this episode a 10/10.
Old 2009-06-19, 13:57   Link #48
Katsumara
The cake eater.

I *loved* the "Bang!" at the end. That was great. I wonder what will happen when Akira wakes up next to Saki? I guess he sort of planned that. They'll go through the whole "We meet again" sort of song and dance, so that's good for fans of the Saki/Akira relationship. Also, finally Ohsugi had a nice moment about him... you know, AFTER the whole naked thing.
Old 2009-06-19, 15:00   Link #49
karumofin

its kinda funny when you realize the very first scene in the very first episode happens after the events of this episode.
Old 2009-06-19, 15:07   Link #50
kakakka

So this one (TV-Series) has already ended? I just got into this like the other day...

Anyway, its a smooth ride up to the end. I have to admit, it was a bit interesting for me all the way, with IX discovering his memory and all....

Last edited by kakakka; 2009-06-19 at 15:12. Reason: nvm
Old 2009-06-19, 15:15   Link #51
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Yeah, the sunken-bellied shadow was a nice touch.

As for sub groups, I'm not sure it's okay to mention them, but here goes: gg, Frostii, Lunar, Darksoul, and Koharubi seem to be continuing. Desire, AonE, sudo, jade and Seito also did at least one ep.

@mrclastro -- I agree the taxi driver looked significant. But I also thought the DC taxi driver at the beginning of ep1 gave an odd glance and snigger, too.

If you watch the DC taxi scenes they keep showing the lettering on the side of his door. I watched that scene like 5 times trying to figure out what it meant.

But they made it so obvious and showed it from so many angles I am sure it is significant.
Old 2009-06-19, 15:19   Link #52
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

A very funny episode but if you ask me, I expected a lot more from this series when I started watching it.

This 11 episode is basically an inconclusive conclusion, nothing really has been explained and what has been explained was a sort of an anticlimax.

We still don't know why Akira went all the way to Washington, we don't know why he go that many weapons in his apartment and we don't know why he erased his memory after stripping hmself naked in front of the white house with a gun on his hand. And we don't know why number1 went all the way there just to watch him doing it.

As for why he erased his memory, that was kinda disappointing. Was that really a good reason? You have been betrayed and you erase your memory? That's plain escapism. There are far worse things that a man could have to bear.

The way he managed to avoid the catastrophe is also ridiculous, as if intercepting a missile could be done that easily.

Well I guess if you don't take this series that seriously you don't mind all these things, but that's why I'm kinda disappointed. That apart this was the funnier episode of the whole series, the 20.000 NEET were hilarous, the guys of the group stripping naked to disguise themselves in the crowd, and Micchon's reaction to Ohsugi using her laptop to cover his Johnny was priceless.

The romance part was fine, but it's been sacrificed by the rest, too many things happened in this episode and there wasn't enough time to show the development in Akira's and Saki's relationship.

I wonder what the Ohsugi's haters will have to say about this episode. Regardless of all the malice toward him, after he learned that Akira wasn't a bad guy he didn't do anything to separate the couple. Ah but I guess someone will still say that he's going to do everything he can to be an interloper in the next movies.

Final note: Itazu's computer failed on his prediction.

Old 2009-06-19, 15:26   Link #53
karumofin

well i assume that akira wasnt doing anything specific in the usa, so i feel that maybe he set all this up to make himself believe he was a terrorist? i cant imagine he got all those guns for an actual reason.
Old 2009-06-19, 15:31   Link #54
kuroSaki_Ichi

they used the term "Prince" in the first ep and again in this episode, anyone got an idea of what it means?

btw, Ohisugi was still kinda an asshole this episode XD.
Old 2009-06-19, 15:34   Link #55
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yeah at this point I can only imagine he wanted to frame himself. But why? That's simply insane. He might have prevented the careless monday but he didn't stop the source of the problem, so even if he wanted to sacrifice himself, that would have been a pointless action.

Ah I forgot to mention... what's up with Saki saying that Japan is a country without a king? It is as if she doesn't know there is an emperor. I've never heard of a country were an emperor and a king can coexist, what is Juiz going to do about that?

Old 2009-06-19, 15:51   Link #56
Theowne
耳をすませば

I agree with Jan-Poo. I think I expected a lot more from this series than what I got. I don't think the romance subplot was particularly well developed and the originally scattered plot did not end up feeling very cohesive/natural like it does in the best fiction of this type.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2009-06-19, 15:56   Link #57
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Apparently the emperor is just a figure head.

Quote:
the Constitution of Japan explicitly vests executive power in the Cabinet and the Prime Minister. He has no reserve powers related to government. The few duties he performs are closely regulated by the constitution. For example, while formally the Emperor's duties include appointing the Prime Minister to office, the Constitution requires him to appoint the candidate "designated by the Diet" without being given the avenue to decline appointment. This is in marked contrast to his status under the Meiji Constitution, which recognised the emperor as the embodiment of all sovereign power of the realm.
My first act as king/prince would be do dissolve the emperor. \

It is strange that some democratic countries still have rulers who live lives of luxury paid by taxes while those same people live in poverty.
Old 2009-06-19, 16:12   Link #58
Nuiihren

I totally agree with Jan-Poo.
I loved how the series began and unfortunately I have to say that I've expected more. All in all it turned out to be quite decent, but not as great as I thought it was going to be at the beginning.
Old 2009-06-19, 16:18   Link #59
Doan

i liked this episode and i cant wait to see the 2 movies that were anounced at the end of it.
Old 2009-06-19, 16:22   Link #60
Edaindil

If Akira really did erase his memories this time around, it wouldn't be the same reason as the first time. I'm pretty sure the NEETs have realized that Akira is not the one who sent the missiles. Akira basically guided the NEETs in destroying the missiles and almost got killed by a missile himself right in front of all the naked zombies. No one would betray him this time.
I would like to entertain the idea that he was recovering his memories, however, this seems redundant for the story. Akira already recovered the important parts of his memories from these 11 eps.
Maybe the brain wash also programs a person's personalities. Akira did say that next time around, he'd still like to be who he is right now - hinting that depending on the role he is playing, a different him is required. I always found how Akira was so focused on solving the mystery of his missing identity unnatural. The way he moved and searched reminded me of secret agents deployed in a mission, or a player in a game who knew everything was objectively based. So it makes me think Juiz has a hand in making Akira more suitable depending the needs.
Closed Thread