AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-03-21, 02:21   Link #981
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
IMO, it's good to separate the two worlds, magic and science from each other, to allow people to make distinctions between them. This would also means separating the two heroines... At least, initially.

vol 1 - Index - Magic
vol 2 - Mikoto - Science
vol 3 - Kaori - Magic
vol 4 - Mikoto/Last Order - Science
vol 5 - Index/Hyouka/Mikoto - Mix

That's how I would do it.
Hmm I see, since my mikoto know magic (I mean magic side), she sometimes help magic side even though she is part of science side. Again, she also will have her own important rule , just like the other characters (including OC)

Last edited by WiliamZ0; 2011-03-21 at 02:36.
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 04:38   Link #982
Tsukino Kage Spectre
Enraged and Suicidal

You seem to have trouble knowing when to use the s or 's at the end of a word, mostly. Sometimes you use the incorrect verb tense as well.

Grammar was never my strongest subject in school, so I can understand the difficulty.
Tsukino Kage Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 10:28   Link #983
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
I just released my fanfic hope you guys can enjoy it

To Aru Majutsu no Index : Alternative Testament
After taking 3 hours reading this (Seriously, this fic is damm long for a fanfic) here's my review of your AU Toaru fanfic.

Spoiler for review:
Old 2011-03-22, 10:58   Link #984
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Hmm I see, since my mikoto know magic (I mean magic side), she sometimes help magic side even though she is part of science side. Again, she also will have her own important rule , just like the other characters (including OC)

Your idea for your fan fic great, as others suggest, try to find a beta reader or keep on reading English newspapers and listen learning channels like discovery , national geographic, history channel ( well that how i broaden my English vocabulary english is also a 2nd language to me ) I wish you well on your fan fiction
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 01:14   Link #985
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
After taking 3 hours reading this (Seriously, this fic is damm long for a fanfic) here's my review of your AU Toaru fanfic.

Spoiler for review:
A Redo huh~ Sure ... I actually working on it after see several review comment

Again 2 of my OCs will be part of main characters in my fanfic like the other and about his power (the boy one only)

Spoiler:

About the other still not introduced yet

Actually the reason why I put the Oc earlier to introduce to other about the OC, again I can see it very bad idea (I will repair this mistake)

About Mikoto , yeah! Time to redo it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Your idea for your fan fic great, as others suggest, try to find a beta reader or keep on reading English newspapers and listen learning channels like discovery , national geographic, history channel ( well that how i broaden my English vocabulary english is also a 2nd language to me ) I wish you well on your fan fiction
I see Anyway, could you refer me to one of beta reader, or how I contact them ?
Old 2011-03-23, 01:42   Link #986
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Not here to burst your bubble, but how did the Dual-Skill acquire its two powers?
In canon, there is no such thing as a Dual-Skill, and the only instance of Dual-Skill (and Multi-Skill) - Teacher Harumi Kiyama - becomes one because of the 10000 brains connected using the Level Upper Network.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 01:55   Link #987
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Not here to burst your bubble, but how did the Dual-Skill acquire its two powers?
In canon, there is no such thing as a Dual-Skill, and the only instance of Dual-Skill (and Multi-Skill) - Teacher Harumi Kiyama - becomes one because of the 10000 brains connected using the Level Upper Network.
Which in essence is also not a dual skill since she's not using a own brain.

Logically, the only way you're gonna get dual skill is if your character has two brains, and I don't mean the one below.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 02:06   Link #988
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Let me explain to you ...
Dual Skill mean an ESPer that able to use more than one ability
as the only true exist dual-skill is Tsuchimikado Motoharu (who actually magician-Esper hybrid (again he actually can't be said as truly Dual-Skill (if I put the actual concept of real Dual-Skill), which also the same case with My OC))

My OC is like Touma, someone who already have his own unique ability
Spoiler for his power called:

Back again , my OC having his own ability + ESPer ability (again, my OC seems powerful, but his ability actually have much ... in fact too much limitations)

Touma in fact can be dual-skill (if not because his Imagine Breaker blocking his power and label he as Level 0)

Last edited by WiliamZ0; 2011-03-23 at 02:25.
Old 2011-03-23, 02:28   Link #989
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Erm so in other words, it's not really a dual-skill since the second ability is not an esper power?
Old 2011-03-23, 02:39   Link #990
WiliamZ0

That's correct ... again ... because of no one know that his second ability is not an esper power, people think he as a Dual-Skill
Old 2011-03-23, 02:44   Link #991
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's correct ... again ... because of no one know that his second ability is not an esper power, people think he as a Dual-Skill

Actually the first impression most people would get is that he has one power that lets him do all that. Even the 7th Level 5, who display a wide range of capabilities, people still believe it's just one power that does all that.
Old 2011-03-23, 02:59   Link #992
WiliamZ0

Hmm I see~

My OC esper ability is controlling gravity

Is it also consider as or not as dual skill?
Old 2011-03-23, 02:59   Link #993
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Just make it one ability.
My suggestion: Atomizer (分子解体) [Molecular Disassembly].

Quote:
My OC esper ability is controlling gravity

Is it also consider as or not as dual skill?
As long as it does not have another ability, it's counted as a single esper ability.
In fact, in one of my fanfiction projects, I have a character with the ability to control gravity, but the ability is fully active only for 1 second at a time because he's just a Level 3 (no passive AIM as well).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-03-23, 03:01   Link #994
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Just make it one ability. My suggestion: Atomizer (分子解体) [Molecular Disassembly].
Isn't that the same as Meltdowner?
Old 2011-03-23, 03:06   Link #995
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Isn't that the same as Meltdowner?
I dunno how Mugino's beams work, but I guess she only uses her power to rip apart atomic particles to create energy. My idea for Atomizer is different; let's say it's literally breaking apart the molecules of an object. However, since the term is very fresh from my mind, the exact mechanics might have things that I have overlooked.

EDIT: Since the fanfiction group is inactive, I might as well dump my esper ability ideas here as well.

> Perfect Slick (抵抗急減) [Sudden Friction Reduction] - Creates an area around the esper where friction is drastically reduced (to the natural friction of ice). Level 2.
> Metal Flame (発火榴弾) [Explosive Projectile] - A variation of esper ability which controls the element calcium. It replicates the conditions of the creation of Greek fire. Level 3.
> Gravity Point (重心顕現) [Manifestation of Gravity] - Allows an esper to create a small spherical area where gravity attracts nearby objects towards that small area. The effect lasts for 1 second. Level 3 or 4.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2011-03-23 at 03:26.
Old 2011-03-23, 04:48   Link #996
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I dunno how Mugino's beams work, but I guess she only uses her power to rip apart atomic particles to create energy. My idea for Atomizer is different; let's say it's literally breaking apart the molecules of an object. However, since the term is very fresh from my mind, the exact mechanics might have things that I have overlooked.
So... How is it different again ?

Quote:
EDIT: Since the fanfiction group is inactive, I might as well dump my esper ability ideas here as well.
Bah, anybody can come up with an coherent Esper ability, the real test of skill is coming up with a magic spell that fits within the canon of the story

Quote:
> Perfect Slick (抵抗急減) [Sudden Friction Reduction] - Creates an area around the esper where friction is drastically reduced (to the natural friction of ice). Level 2.
At level 2, it probably won't be any bigger than what she can touch.

Quote:
> Gravity Point (重心顕現) [Manifestation of Gravity] - Allows an esper to create a small spherical area where gravity attracts nearby objects towards that small area. The effect lasts for 1 second. Level 3 or 4.
Tiny nitpick, you'll have less problem if you don't call this 'gravity'.

Then again, [Dark Matter] isn't really dark matter...
Old 2011-03-23, 18:28   Link #997
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
This one can be used at least to move like Acqua does.

@Chaos2Frozen: A magic spell, uh?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 19:33   Link #998
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I was thinking of a girl who likes to make pranks on other girls whom she did not like by letting them slip. Although moving like a skater on ice ain't so shabby as well.

Also, I agree on the challenge of making spells using the canon of Index. I have to research on Philippine folklore just to create abilities for two of my OC's! D:

Old 2011-03-23, 20:01   Link #999
Miraluka
Banned

There are a lot of ideas if we try religions like the ones from Islam/muslims or the Hinduism.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 20:43   Link #1000
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
There are a lot of ideas if we try religions like the ones from Islam/muslims or the Hinduism.
Actually I working on it for my newest fanfic and my other fanfic

I even have one of the line

Spoiler for this is only a line of my another fanfic not newest one:

About the newest one, I probably will add Islam while looking at good place to put them

I have someone that skilled in this part (I mean someone skilled in Islam)

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction