AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-08, 21:01   Link #2381
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

PC: Shogun 2 Total War - Always been a fan of the Total War series but some issues from it as usual.
Old 2011-04-08, 22:54   Link #2382
Politician

Empire Earth III is such a terrible game.
I've been itching for a Hearts of Iron 2 game, but now I don't know whether to place my focus on getting the HOIDD/ARMA pack or this new stand alone expansion known as Darkest Hour.

You guys don't even need to know this game to help me with my problem because I am sure you all can relate with similar circumstances but with different game genres. Do I go with old and reliable or jump into the new? I feel like if the new is really good than I am wasting my time with the old edition, but if it doesn't measure up, I wasted money. This is very difficult because it's virtually the same game but Darkest Hour is a recent expansion pack; where as HOI2DD/ARMA a few years old. (Though it has aged well)
Politician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 02:51   Link #2383
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Darkest Hour still needs a bunch of patches to get it up and running, which is as always with Paradox games and their community derivatives. For example, for now the German AI in World War One is effectively catatonic. Which means Russia gets to waltz into Berlin unless the player intervenes in a big way. Which means it's probably not fun to play...yet.

The promised standalone scenarios are also not done yet. They'll add them to the patches as they finish them up.

Finally although the Kaiserreich mod is already functional on Darkest Hour on day one, it still needs another version to go before it takes advantage of the game's new features. Given that it is probably one of the most important reasons you'd buy the new game in the first place...

Or So I Heard. This is all from forum topics; I'm not the owner of the game, yet.

Also, as a side note, do you have Arsenal of Democracy yet? That game is slightly more mature, being out for a few months longer and all. Though if you can only buy one game I suppose Darkest Hour is more attractive. AoD kind of settles itself down by now.

P.S. I'm current going through another EU3 DW campaign myself. The new features are actually pretty disappointing overall, though they have potential. The hordes are annoying (they sucked and were punching bags, now they are overpowered as ****), and I'm still miffed an expansion that was meant to make Asia playable *still* fails at that task, to the point of ignoring basic history (Japan in four Heian era factions? A Minamoto Shogun in the Ashikaga era? Chinese naming file still uses the horrendous Euro-centric system that makes you have generals named after Ming emperors' reign names? Argh). But the fundamental mechanics are pretty damn good, so I'm having fun, more or less. I just take out my frustrations by rallying my invincible Prussian hordes (by the gods Germany is powerful) and march across Eurasia until I reach China. Already halfway there at the moment, with the Golden Horde history and the Timurids under occupation.

Too bad I don't have a computer capable of comfortably playing with either the latest Magna Mundi (for IN) or the latest MEIOU (for HTTT).
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 20:14   Link #2384
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
I'm currently playing Pokemon Black I got finally, but damn Gamestop store I went to didn't have wifi...
Old 2011-04-10, 19:57   Link #2385
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Finishing Up NIER (360)

Obtaining ENDING D right about.... NOW!

Love this game, I consider anyone who loves a good story pick this up.

EDIT: Ending D didn't feel very natural to me... ENDING C seemed alot better.

Last edited by LotionExplosion; 2011-04-10 at 20:11.
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 22:51   Link #2386
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I didn't think this rated its own thread.... but I suppose someone asked the question after reading too many Calvin & Hobbes comics...

WHAT'S BETTER THAN NAZI ZOMBIES!!!???

NAZI BATTALIONS OF ENHANCED SHOCK TROOP DINOSAURS!!!!

Um, yeah -- not making this up

http://www.dinodday.com/ <--- buy it on Steam

Didn't notice if "t-rex in a fighter" was an option... no, I'm not playing it.
Old 2011-04-10, 23:14   Link #2387
Akmar

Ace Combat... siiiiiiiick game
Akmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 08:31   Link #2388
pancakes
*Author

F.E.A.R. 1 and 2.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 09:25   Link #2389
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Replaying Mass Effect 2 to get my saves in order for 3.
League of Legends with some staff+member from another forum, for pure fun.
Portal, because I haven't played it in a while and since Portal 2 is out next week...

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 11:41   Link #2390
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Trying to get into Shogun 2. Haven't had much time recently though to really sink my teeth into a campaign yet.
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 13:19   Link #2391
Say Neko
nekoISM

#Monster Tale for the #DSi
Pretty much got my teeth in it. Probably best #DSi game so far this year right next to
#Okamiden not including overseas games. Just American games...
Old 2011-04-12, 12:17   Link #2392
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
Finishing Up NIER (360)

Obtaining ENDING D right about.... NOW!

Love this game, I consider anyone who loves a good story pick this up.

EDIT: Ending D didn't feel very natural to me... ENDING C seemed alot better.
I just finished up ending D on Nier (360) last night as well. I made a stupid mistake though and copied the wrong save to a memory card before going for ending D and lost a few hours of gameplay when the saves were wiped. Seriously, who came up with the ending scheme in Nier?

I was also working on getting the full 1000 achievement points but was stuck on the "upgrade all weapons to 100%" one. Farming rare items in Nier sucks donkey balls. The stupid subdued bracelet from flying shades was the one I was going for. I farmed for almost 10 hours and gave up. Reminds me too much of grinding in Final Fantasy XI (Nier oddly looks kind of like FFXI too, grainy low-res textures and all).

I've also been replaying Wizardry 8 (PC). I love this old dungeon crawl, it's a pity PC games aren't made like this any more.

Going to start playing Infamous tonight, I need a break from RPGs.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 13:11   Link #2393
chachaboru
Banned

God Eater Burst....
making a bullet is a pain, but it's a great help...
chachaboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 14:15   Link #2394
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

I finished Infamous and have to say...really mixed bag. I enjoy the sandbox part of the game, but the missions are repetitive and some have truly terrible design. The excessive "stickiness" of your character was also kind of annoying. I started AC: Brotherhood (PS3) last night after finishing Infamous, and I think the developers got the "stickiness" of your character while climbing far better tuned in the AC series than Sucker Punch did in Infamous.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 14:43   Link #2395
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Gear of war 3 beta: Its pretty awful, I played it for about 15 minutes before switching it off.

Over-powered shotgun not good enough ? then how about a 1-hit kill sawn-off as well.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 15:02   Link #2396
Nihokon

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, after a long 5 years untouched by western gamers.
Old 2011-04-23, 00:03   Link #2397
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Finished 3rd Birthday(Normal), no idea what I just played... but it was fast though.
Half way through Mh3Portable, I ran through it with original armor+traps+capture till Village Quest 4.
Ace Attorney - Haven't started yet but whatever, but probably one of the best game I will play.
TH13- Best game ever.
Old 2011-04-23, 00:11   Link #2398
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

PS3: Crysis 2
PC: Mass Effect 2 like AtomicoX to get my save for ME3.
Old 2011-04-24, 00:21   Link #2399
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I've been playing GRAW1 & GRAW2.

I love the combat and how realistic it feels at times when you really get into the whole cover to cover and taking it slow. Fire fights are both deadly and short lived, who shoots last, loses.

I remember rounding a corner at one instance and encountered four enemy soldiers I didn't notice on the satellite and had to take down. I opened up first with an assault rifle in single shot, dropping two instantly before they started firing back and bullets were flying right past me and nipping at my extremities but didn't find their marks as I kept shooting.

It was such a tense engagement, I was bloody shaking for a few minutes after it!

After a couple of incidents where it took more than one hit to take out a combatant, I started shooting each bloke twice in quick succession just to make bloody sure.

Great games though, if they ever run an Advanced Warfighter like program in the ADF I'll be applying, having satellite assistance at the touch of a button was great.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 07:52   Link #2400
Leo Keichi

I'm playing the first Ace Attorney game for iPhone now, and also littlebigplanet 2 and Magic: Duel of the Planeswalkers for the PS3. Heck, and I've got games enough in my backlog to keep me busy for the whole year.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote