3 out of 10: Bad... 1 2.56%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-18, 15:36   Link #61
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We don't know how strong Bisidian's total forces are. For all we know he may be dragging a whole fleet there to stage a rescue. As for scouting and intelligence, Bisidian's good enough to find out who the Federation traitors are and take them out, so they're probably skilled enough to figure out a plan when they reach the Second Moon.
Old 2012-06-18, 16:37   Link #62
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WefiDasst View Post
think it was more of respect.

Re-watching some scenes.. Flit seems a bit reasonable?

-He's mad at Asemu for basically leaving his family to play Pirate, He doesnt know the reason and Asemu wont tell. Im sure we have a Father and son moment with Kio and Asemu in which we find out the reason. I imagine Flit hated the fact that he wasnt always there for his kids, and it struck him hard to find out that Asemu was alive for 13 years, and not saying one word to his family. Flit had the Age System, and Kio to pilot the gundam, So Asemu isnt needed. I take it Flit Cares about Asemu, and wanted him to be the better father figure then he was.

Flit basically was the father figure for Kio, and had the chance to become the father that he never was with his two kids. Flit must loathed the past of him working all the time, and never spending time with his two kids. Reasons behind the whole disowning Asemu is simply the fact that Asemu HAD the chance to be the father figure in Kio's Life, but played Pirate instead.

Flit see's Kio as the True Savior, Flit and Asemu Failed to do so in flit's mind.

4 am time for sleep.
This, I agree. Asemu may have become a pirate, but I don't think he has changed much. He still respects his father, and him asking "permission" is to me a sign of respect for someone who practically raises his son, which should have been his role. We know that Flit has been stepping in as Kio's protector/guardian/father in Asemu's absence. Asemu's offer to rescue Kio has a deep meaning. This is his first step towards publicly announcing that he is going to save Kio, his son. This would have been Flit's role if Asemu continues to play hide and seek. Therefore, Asemu offering to save Kio is akin to asking Flit to renounce his role of protector/father/guardian. IMO, Asemu is just being considerate, though I have the feeling that he will still rescue Kio even without Flit's "permission".

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 23:05   Link #63
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Are we to beleive that Asemu is going to waltz into the Vagan territory with ONE ship and rescue Kio? First he has to get to the colony undetected, which is highly unlikely, so he'd have to fight through the Vagan defense forces, which I would assume will be numerous. Then there's the issue of actually finding Kio, they have no idea where he is, and Asemu doesn't have X-Rounder skills to "sense" his location...

You simply do not mount a rescue mission into the heart of the enemy's territory with your eyes blindfoled, which is what Asemu and his pirates are going to do. The only way thsi would make sense is if he has inside help, some inside Vagan who can give him intel and help him out. The question would then be, who?
Well on a lighter note maybe we shouldn't underestimate a Super Pirate/Pilot .

But really I'm sure he's got some sort of plan here. Has been out there enough years that he may have ways to sneak a few people in. Maybe one of the ships he took down had some Vagan spies and he had members of his crew replace them and sneak into that colony just in case. Maybe not, but I don't think this is such a reckless rescue that he doesn't have a solid plan in mind.

Of course they'll have to fight their way out and I'm sure he's prepared for that option. Hardly going to be able to stealthily sneak out the AGE-3. Besides really the series has proven that almost no one can match up to a Gundam. The grunts on both sides kind of suck after all.

But yeah, I'm curious to see how they go about this rescue. Asemu's pirates have certainly honed their skills on sneak attacks, but this is a pretty large target.
Old 2012-06-18, 23:28   Link #64
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
The question would then be, who?
His "Best Friend"?
Old 2012-06-18, 23:43   Link #65
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Doubt it's Zeheart. He's too sworn to Ezelcant's cause.
Old 2012-06-19, 00:24   Link #66
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

maybe one of those orphans will give him the keys to the new Vagan gun dam?
Old 2012-06-19, 00:42   Link #67
Plant42

I bet for Izelcant's wife.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 09:42   Link #68
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So judging by the next episode preview the Vagan sphere is apparently Arabic themed. Somehow this doesn't surprise me given their average officers style of dress and what little we've seen of it in Zeheart's flashbacks.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 10:59   Link #69
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

So, was Flit genuinely concerned for Kio or for the Age system and gundam? The impression I got, despite what Yunoa said, is that he's more upset at the loss of the weapon and the tool to destroy vagan than at the loss of his grandson. I'm aware this wil get me flamed as a flit hater, but that's my pov, sry.

It's not surprising Flit treats Asemu poorly, the guy despite the badass pirate look is still a softie, and Kio is an even bigger softie. He's basically a male clone of Romary....Flit probably related more to Grodek than his own family because of their shared suffering and hatred.
I gotta say, for a gundam protagonist, Flit Asuno is one complex mother f*****. That alone makes him better than most of his predecessors.
Old 2012-06-19, 11:02   Link #70
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, he didn't exactly argue back when Yunoa called bullshit on the whole savior thing, so I'd say that points to yes, he actually cares. He does appear to be a family man--he's pretty pissed that Asem ditched his family and the military to play pirate, just as I had assumed back in episode 35.
Old 2012-06-20, 14:58   Link #71
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Flit always made himself looked distant to his family members while keeping a calm face all the time, but in actual fact he is a very emotional family man.

He may be a genocidal grandpa but he has always said that the men of the Asuno family must protect the family besides being a savior.

In this arc he has shown himself to focus more on Kio than the AGE Gundam, he yelled Kio's name but had to put on a tough front for others by saying he is concerned for Kio as the savior and the AGE-3. Yunoa was telling him to be honest to himself and there's no need to hide his concern for Kio because everyone can see that he is going crazy over Kio.

Flit is actually a really good Gundam protagonist, he was very mature since young, he wasn't a whiner, has godly skills and has no qualms about killing his enemies. He's the first Gundam protagonist who was truly genocidal and makes it known to everyone, this alone makes him unique.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:57   Link #72
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
genocide - systematic killing of a racial or cultural group

It seems people just like to throw Genocide to make Flit seem more badass or evil without even knowing what it means.

Given the fact that Flit hasn't gone anywhere near such a thing I don't see how he's genocidal. Even as Supreme Commander he never got the Federation to build some gigantic death ray to blow Mars up. Everything he's done was defensive in nature. When he left the Federation he spent his time and resources with Kio and building AGE 3 and I'm pretty sure that thing is not capable of blowing up planets. That and he's not on good terms with the Federation even after purging the higher ups in the first place.

And since we're cutting slack to the Vagans because they only slaughter civilians and cities in some cases it's only fair to cut Flit the same.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 02:55   Link #73
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Flit hasn't committed genocide, but he has genocidal tendencies.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:57   Link #74
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

@SoldierOfDarkness, you missed the second part of the definition:

The systematic and widespread extermination or attempted extermination of an entire national, racial, religious, or ethnic group.

Flit may have not yet commit genocide, but he has always been attempting to do so for the past 50 years. He sees Vagans as less than human and must be completely destroyed in order to achieve world peace. This is what he thinks a savior must do, not just himself, but his family.

His hatred and plans to completely wipe out the Vagans are what made him genocidal.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 12:14   Link #75
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
Maybe by Kio being a witness to who the Vagan people are, this might take a 00 spin and they find that not all Vagans are evil and the. Ezelcant becomes the sole enemy and defeating him allows both races to come to some understanding and peace? I just dont see this series killing off a whole race of people... My two cents
Old 2012-06-21, 14:24   Link #76
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Vagans aren't another race, they're humans too.
Unless you ask Flit of course.
Old 2012-06-23, 20:26   Link #77
Vsin
Aldracity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Vagans aren't another race, they're humans too.
Unless you ask Flit of course.
But it's pretty darn easy to package them as another nation and/or culture. Which still fits under the definition of genocide.

I dunno, I see Flit as one of those super genius types that has no social skills whatsoever. Or at least, he did for ~40 years. I mean, despite the fact that he basically trained Kio to be a pilot, at least he had the heart to package the training as a video game...as opposed to with Asemu where he handed Asemu a Gundam, enrolled him into the military and then constantly berated him.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 20:30   Link #78
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Asem chose to enroll in the military of his own volition, IIRC, and every time Flit "berated" Asem it was justified. In the military he has to see his son as a soldier first and a son second, and vice versa.
Old 2012-06-23, 20:33   Link #79
Dr. Casey

Yeah, I don't think Flit pressured Asemu into joining the Federation... as opposed to his gearing Kio into being a child soldier since he was just a toddler, which uh, is pretty screwed up.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 00:08   Link #80
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
@SoldierOfDarkness, you missed the second part of the definition:

The systematic and widespread extermination or attempted extermination of an entire national, racial, religious, or ethnic group.

Flit may have not yet commit genocide, but he has always been attempting to do so for the past 50 years. He sees Vagans as less than human and must be completely destroyed in order to achieve world peace. This is what he thinks a savior must do, not just himself, but his family.

His hatred and plans to completely wipe out the Vagans are what made him genocidal.
By your definition then that'd means a lot of people have genocidal tendencies. You could say Americans were genocidal against the Japanese in WWII after Pearl Harbour. Did they hate the Japanese with fury? Sure. Did they want to wipe them out? Pretty sure they did. Did they actually carry it out? No. If you meet a guy that says all [color] people should die does that make him genocidal then?

I ask again.

Where has Flit actually gone through with such action?

Has he killed anyone in cold blood?

The answer would be "no"

Has he made a doomsday device to wipe out the Vagans or even made plans?

The answer would be "no"

Is he in command of the Federation?

The answer would be "no"

All he did was train and prepped Kio for the day the Vagans would return for a big counterattack and because of it he saved a lot of people. All of his actions so far has been "defensive" in nature. He has every right to hate the Vagans as they stole his childhood and killed many of his family.

Flit almost passed the point of no return had he shot that Vagan in cold blood but Grodeck saved him from going down that way (And that Vagan taunted him that he'll be just like him if he shot him in cold blood). For the story I don't think it'd be consistent with his development if he was put in that same spot where he has a "red button" to blow up all Vagans and Kio stops him. He faced that drama already.

Quote:
as opposed to his gearing Kio into being a child soldier since he was just a toddler, which uh, is pretty screwed up.
By that definition a lot of people in movies and stories where they trained their son in the art of war with swords and such were bad people then.

Given the fact they're fighting a 100 year war I don't see what's wrong with it in the first place. Especially now that there are a lot of video games that go out of their way to simulate warfare and drones, etc.

http://www.livescience.com/10022-mil...deo-games.html
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion