AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 20:38   Link #1861
RJ TAYLER

Seventy-two dora, could someone please pick up the Matsumi sisters from off the floor!
Old 2012-07-08, 20:48   Link #1862
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I have a feeling something similar to this is actually happening in-universe, given the suspicious shift in tournament rules for the year's Inter-High tourney. Like Fujita said, it's like they're looking for particularly lucky kids on purpose this time around...
A friend of mine speculates that the Miyanaga matriarch is on the tournament admin, and the rules have been deliberately doctored in order to draw Saki out and force a confrontation between the sisters.

I think something similar, and that the confrontation is being forced in order to resolve the family differences. Sort of an expensive and convoluted way to go about it.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:49   Link #1863
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
72 Dora, wtf , I mean there are 5 possible dora indicators and 5 ura-dora +3 from the special red 5 tiles, so assuming that you could have the same dora indicators make those tiles count as more doras, so if he had 4 5s and it was 4x dora in 2 types and 2x dora in the other and enough kans had been called and he riichi'd for perfect ura-dora...
4x4 +1 = 17 doras, this could happen twice so 34 doras.... that leaves 2 dora indicators for the last 5, so 2x4 +1 = 43 doras where did the other 29 doras come from?
Maybe they use 27-Red rules (not sure if this a right term) too. When in effect, one tile each of every number - 1 to 9 in Bamboos, Characters, and Circles - are red and act as dora tile.

It's not a common rule to use but it's very fun . Everyone shuold try it once in your life.

Surely, Kuro must be happy (or feel like in hell) if she plays in the table with this rule LOL
Old 2012-07-08, 21:00   Link #1864
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
Sort of an expensive and convoluted way to go about it.
It is convoluted, especially since it all hinged on Saki deciding to play mahjong again, and she was only able to do so because of Nodoka. There's no way that could have figured into the plan, unless the transfer of Nodoka's father to Nagano was ALSO in the cards.

Really, Saki and Teru's mom is probably the biggest question mark in the series background right now. How her personality is revealed is going to influence everything, particularly the view on the collapse of the family. I think many of us, for example, imagine this domineering and serious business mahjong maven, but what happens if we're shown (eventually) a Mrs. Miyanaga who's all sugar and rainbows?
Old 2012-07-08, 21:37   Link #1865
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
It is convoluted, especially since it all hinged on Saki deciding to play mahjong again, and she was only able to do so because of Nodoka. There's no way that could have figured into the plan, unless the transfer of Nodoka's father to Nagano was ALSO in the cards.

Really, Saki and Teru's mom is probably the biggest question mark in the series background right now. How her personality is revealed is going to influence everything, particularly the view on the collapse of the family. I think many of us, for example, imagine this domineering and serious business mahjong maven, but what happens if we're shown (eventually) a Mrs. Miyanaga who's all sugar and rainbows?
'Death of the author' and all that, but I think Saki's lost mother might be greatly influenced by Ritz's own family situation (If that one shot manga about her is to be believed), so she might favour a convoluted and heartwarming plan to reunite a broken family.

That's, like, beyond speculation though. That's into personal inquiry.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 04:37   Link #1866
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post

Anyway since were talking about alternate scenarios ... what do you think of this picture?

Spoiler for What if?:
Saki looks like she desperately needs the restroom. "Onee-chan, please hurry up!"
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 05:17   Link #1867
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
F*CK YEAH KURO YOU DEFEATED THE MONSTER THAT IS MIYANAGA TERU !!!! But yeah very good episode....but man the producers of this show are cruel with that cliff hanger .
It's OK. I killed Kuro in the process with this Kokushi.

http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2012070911g...dab1&tw=2&ts=1
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 11:03   Link #1868
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Spoiler for Comic:

You know, I just can't get tired of all these "Teru reacting to her opponents" strips.
Old 2012-07-09, 11:25   Link #1869
Sumeragi
Banned

Teru acting cute

You know, it's very difficult not to unleash my Teru collection.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 16:25   Link #1870
Kyuu
=^^=

This series... is now a shounen.
Old 2012-07-09, 17:17   Link #1871
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
That is so great. All they need to do now is to do a 1:30 cut and add credits -- it's perfect!
Old 2012-07-09, 18:03   Link #1872
Scarletknive
Meister

Now someone can help me translate this?
All I can see is some guidelines(?) or attack points(?).

Spoiler for Picture is here. Scare it is big.:
Old 2012-07-09, 21:25   Link #1873
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:

This video is so cool. I'll take this over the usual one any day.
Old 2012-07-09, 22:33   Link #1874
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Since Requiem-X seems to have forgotten posting the news here, I'll just go ahead and do it:

Spoiler for Spoiler for Size:

Aside from giving us some fantasy-style alternate dresses for Kirame, Kuro, and Toki, the article also seems to finally give details on release for the first extra episode: if I'm reading it right (and I might not be), it's going to be bundled with the first BR disc.

And to just extend the Fate/ZERO comparisons, people are saying that Kuro is a Lancer in this one. Because being Lancer is suffering.

(Count me as being disappointed with how Kirame is conceptualized as a two-weapons user.)
Old 2012-07-09, 23:16   Link #1875
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Aside from giving us some fantasy-style alternate dresses for Kirame, Kuro, and Toki, the article also seems to finally give details on release for the first extra episode: if I'm reading it right (and I might not be), it's going to be bundled with the first BR disc.
Yeah, I'm afraid that's not quite it because the first Blu-Ray disc is already out. In fact, the first 6 discs are confirmed to contain episodes 1-12 at 2 episodes/disc. So it'll have to be released after that. The news on the article is just pointing out two separate things: that there will be special episodes, and that the first disc is out now.
Old 2012-07-09, 23:18   Link #1876
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Thanks for the clarification on that. Hmm.
Old 2012-07-11, 10:03   Link #1877
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
72 Dora, wtf , I mean there are 5 possible dora indicators and 5 ura-dora +3 from the special red 5 tiles, so assuming that you could have the same dora indicators make those tiles count as more doras, so if he had 4 5s and it was 4x dora in 2 types and 2x dora in the other and enough kans had been called and he riichi'd for perfect ura-dora...
4x4 +1 = 17 doras, this could happen twice so 34 doras.... that leaves 2 dora indicators for the last 5, so 2x4 +1 = 43 doras where did the other 29 doras come from?
Spoiler for How he got that hand:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 11:01   Link #1878
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I freaking love that manga
I would like to see Saki or Kuro pull this off[/SPOILER]
They can't. As crazy as Saki mahjong is -- Saki mahjong is bound by the rules of the game. Koizumi mahjong is not.
Old 2012-07-12, 22:35   Link #1879
night_sentinel

Quote:
Do you not see their uniform in that modified image?

Imouto follows and listens to Onee-chan. No question.
I agree with Kyuu, judging by the limited flashbacks that the anime have shown us if Saki and Teru doesn't ever have a falling out, Saki will happily do whatever Teru wishes. I think that even with the strained relationship if Teru says to Saki to do something there is a high chance that Saki will do it.

Quote:

It is convoluted. But since were already speculating that the Miyanaga family might be behind the scenes and judging from the overpowered ability of their offspring the parents might have the unfair ability of predicting the long term future or something like prophecy. Heck, we already have a precedent that some sort of foresight powers exist with Toki.

If you can see the future or know a part of the future, convoluted plans becomes very easy. It would also explain the meaningful names they gave their children.

Regarding Mrs. Miyanaga being all sugar and rainbows, if that happens, I think the internet is going to explode with alternative character interpretation. The Miyanaga family seems to be prone to this trope even in-universe, Saki looks like a demonic overlord when she meets Achiga, and Teru in the recent episode show signs of being a decent human being underneath it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Spoiler for How he got that hand:
That is insane. Though I do wonder if this is sort of doable in Saki since I'm sure that there is no rules/precedent for "turning all of the tiles to Haku" like there is no rules against "attracting all doras or seeing into the future".

Though it can be considered sort of cheating since on poker marking cards or tiles on this case is a violation. And I think erasing the paint on the tiles to make it a haku is considered marking the tiles.

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2012-07-13 at 23:22.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 05:31   Link #1880
firehawk12

I was just wondering - is there an air date for the extra episodes that were announced?
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri