AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2009-06-08, 08:57   Link #801
KimmyChan

Gotta love your enthusiasm though all the same matey, it's priceless
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 10:11   Link #802
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

BTW, the second season of Shana is currently showing on Animax-Asia with english dubs by......Animax own dubbing team......

Looks like i gonna watch this anime with Japanese audio, i can't stand the dub their using, i prefer the one from Geneon.
Old 2009-07-08, 04:38   Link #803
KimmyChan

I totally wouldn't wanna watch this series dubbed either, good god no! Subbed all the way!
Old 2009-07-08, 05:16   Link #804
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Most English dubs for anime = NOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

Only Pokemon seemed to have good dubs when I was little... XD

I just re-watched Shana 2... Missing the Hishokou No Sora Piano version... hopefully they'll put it soon on the up coming OVA DvD.
Old 2009-07-08, 06:40   Link #805
KimmyChan

You're right, the Pokemon dubs were pretty cool

But Shana just wouldn't be Shana without it's Japanese listening authenticity
Old 2009-07-08, 13:21   Link #806
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
I totally wouldn't wanna watch this series dubbed either, good god no! Subbed all the way!
The dubs for the first season were nice. Actually like them over the JP voices, mysteriously...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 05:26   Link #807
KimmyChan

I actually may give the dubbed version of the first series a go just to see what it's like

I wonder what they'd sound like for this second series if given the chance
Old 2009-08-29, 00:38   Link #808
Velsy

I kinda just watched season 1 and season 2, I really enjoyed it and a worthy 9 on my MAL, Will be looking forward to series 3

yuji you champ!

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 11:08   Link #809
Kanzaki Urumi

the bad guys seem to not do enough of research as to why the good guys are countering them everytime. Some research, take Yuji out, the brain of the team = win? (obviously I dont wanna see Shana-tachi lose) Not to mention I am kinda annoyed that the bad guys always gives a lecture about their ability, plans etc to the good guys and they dont seem to want to finish Yuji off even after extracting the Reiji.

Love this series, I guess I have to ignore such stuff =p
Kanzaki Urumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 11:26   Link #810
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki Urumi View Post
the bad guys seem to not do enough of research as to why the good guys are countering them everytime. Some research, take Yuji out, the brain of the team = win? (obviously I dont wanna see Shana-tachi lose) Not to mention I am kinda annoyed that the bad guys always gives a lecture about their ability, plans etc to the good guys and they dont seem to want to finish Yuji off even after extracting the Reiji.

Love this series, I guess I have to ignore such stuff =p
I think it's more of a mindset to be broken : Torches are useless. Shana was of that mind for a long time before Yuuji Took a Level in Badass and actively began proving that theory wrong.
Old 2009-09-08, 11:28   Link #811
Kanzaki Urumi

Yeah now that you remind me, people in that universe looks down on Torches/Mystes. Guess they never learn their lesson with Johan.

edit : Just rewatched the last epi, if I was Meta, i would have punched a KingKong fist into the Seeking Researcher's mouth xd. Even as a Ayako Kawasumi fan, I found Kazumi is freaking annoying... + Hope to see Sabrac, corpse retriever and the boy with the hood in S3!
Kanzaki Urumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 07:13   Link #812
Qilin
Romanticist

I finally mustered the energy to start watching this series. Now I'm still at around episode 9 (or was it 10?). I just realized that the series wastes too much time on the romance aspect of the series. From the nature of the plot, I believe it's more suited to action with a good helping of romance. They overdid the romance.

They wasted like 4-5 episodes on Shana's angst against Konoe. I only remember about 2-3 episodes with any decent action in it. Now it looks like it's another 4-5 episode flashback arc... I still eagerly awaiting for something exciting to happen that's not in a flashback.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 07:48   Link #813
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
I finally mustered the energy to start watching this series. Now I'm still at around episode 9 (or was it 10?). I just realized that the series wastes too much time on the romance aspect of the series. From the nature of the plot, I believe it's more suited to action with a good helping of romance. They overdid the romance.

They wasted like 4-5 episodes on Shana's angst against Konoe. I only remember about 2-3 episodes with any decent action in it. Now it looks like it's another 4-5 episode flashback arc... I still eagerly awaiting for something exciting to happen that's not in a flashback.
Season II is famously slow starting (I imagine it wouldn't be hard for you to find some rants on the Konoe arc 'round here somewhere *cough*). I think it picks up nicely, though.
Old 2009-09-13, 19:59   Link #814
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post

I implore you to keep watching, as you will be rewarded in the second half of this anime. Just stick with it until the second half, and you'll get some AWESOME action scenes.

I totally agree with you on the first half of this anime though.
Old 2009-09-14, 22:50   Link #815
GlancingReverse

I stopped this right when they released the episode where they give Kazumi the bell. Seeing as people say it gets better later, should I pick this back up?
GlancingReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 22:53   Link #816
OmniDragon

Second half is alot better then the first half
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 08:59   Link #817
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Season II is famously slow starting (I imagine it wouldn't be hard for you to find some rants on the Konoe arc 'round here somewhere *cough*).
Yep. You could even go so far as to say that it's harder to find actual discussion about the episodes than people bashing it.

I agree that there probably should have been a better balance, since devoting the first half to the love triangle/square made the story meander quite a bit, but I thought the episodes were very good in their own right (Except for maybe episode 7, which I honestly didn't like that much), and it's pretty aggravating that the only sort of 'discussion' you're likely to find online about the first half of Shana II is a bunch of people saying 'this sux lol'.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 18:59   Link #818
Akka

What gets better in the second half is Yuugi, who seems to regain the brain he forgot in his desktop during the first half.
If you like action, there is more fights in the second part too.

If you like something to happen, you can scrap pretty much the entire season and consider it never happened, because it's basically how it can be summed up - especially the romantic aspect, which basically preserve the statu quo with a cowardice and a passivity that would make Takashi proud.
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 22:11   Link #819
Dr. Casey

Looking back, I think it's kinda funny that so many people assumed Shana III would pull a Zero no Tsukaima and that the storyline/character relationships would never progress. Refusal to progress is... definitely not a criticism that can be levied against Shana III. "You think we'll just stick to the status quo and never change things? Well then, we'll just run in the complete opposite direction and make things change so fast that you'll have no clue what's going on! Enjoy having Yuuji change into a villain before the first sixty seconds of the series is finished, lol! Who's the status quo clingers now? Owned, bitches" - J.C. Staff
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural