AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-11, 19:06   Link #41
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Y'know... looking at the new Smoker... I can't help but be reminded of...

Spoiler for Oh look, it's that guy:
Old 2012-01-11, 19:26   Link #42
Shingai-san

What would you guys do if Oda just died tomorrow and they story was left at its current point?

Ararararagi

Last edited by Shingai-san; 2012-01-12 at 00:03.
Old 2012-01-11, 19:28   Link #43
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingai-san View Post
What would you guys do if Oda just died tomorrow and they story was left at it's current point?
i would bet Jump would hide the body and get someone (probably Oda assistant) else to continue.
Old 2012-01-11, 19:29   Link #44
Rainbowman

Quote:
What would you guys do if Oda just died tomorrow and they story was left at it's current point?
Best not to think about it.
Old 2012-01-11, 19:55   Link #45
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Mihawk is more marine sided instead being a pirate. i am pretty sure Tashigi don't have problem with him. beside who is better teacher than the greatest swordsman in the world
She does. If you might recall from the beginning, the one thing she feels most strongly about is how all of the worlds greatest swords are in the hands of pirates and bounty hunters. Her dream, is to take back the world's greatest swords so that they can no longer be used by evil men. This would undoubtedly include Mihawk.
Old 2012-01-11, 20:23   Link #46
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

So now Smoker's motherfucking Duke Nukem eh? Sweet.~

Tashigi also leveled up a lot too, not just in "womanliness" but in fighting skills as well. Her deflecting that cannonball was pretty awesome.

And considering what Neptune and Jinbei discussed this chapter, Jinbei's chance of becoming a Straw Hat just resurfaced. Guess we'll see how it all turns out.

Not much to say about Pekoms, but it was a good demonstration of what one of Big Mom's crewmen are capable of. Hell, if he's just a lower ranked one, imagine what the higher ups are like.~

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-01-11 at 20:55.
Old 2012-01-11, 22:23   Link #47
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Dont say that!!!!
Old 2012-01-11, 22:37   Link #48
solomon

Kyaaaaaa tashigi is so cute!!!
Old 2012-01-11, 23:38   Link #49
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
I would short Shueisha if they are on the nikkei 225.

Interesting chapter. The smoker and takagi thing they are the first obstacle to the new world. As they were the first obstacles to paradise. Lets see how this pans out.

Also if the sun pirates merge under SH that would confirm my suspicions that to elevate to Yonkuu status you probably are better off with bigger crews. I may be wrong though. SH have been incredibly small crew this long, but we don't know much about Gold Roger's route through paradise nor do we know too much about shanks. Their personalities don't strike me as having so much preference for large crews either.
Old 2012-01-11, 23:59   Link #50
Mateus

This was a pretty good chapter. I'm pretty much hating Caribou, he's slimy and evil and reminds me of Orochimaru too much. If that bomb does get to Big mom and she opens it then there is definitely going to be backlash toward Luffy and to an extent Fishman Island as well.

BTW - anyone have any idea who the marine officer that was talking in private with Doflamingo a while back could have been? Seems like a higher up, maybe a new character but I can't find any info on him.
Old 2012-01-11, 23:59   Link #51
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
So now Smoker's motherfucking Duke Nukem eh? Sweet.~

Tashigi also leveled up a lot too, not just in "womanliness" but in fighting skills as well. Her deflecting that cannonball was pretty awesome.

And considering what Neptune and Jinbei discussed this chapter, Jinbei's chance of becoming a Straw Hat just resurfaced. Guess we'll see how it all turns out.

Not much to say about Pekoms, but it was a good demonstration of what one of Big Mom's crewmen are capable of. Hell, if he's just a lower ranked one, imagine what the higher ups are like.~
That's Albert Wesker from the Resident Evil series, not Duke Nukem.

Also, Pekom's turtle concept appears to be based off the Mock Turtle from Alice in Wonderland.
Spoiler for image size:
Old 2012-01-12, 00:39   Link #52
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 652
That was a cool chapter. Tashigi looks funny looking in that outfit. I thought she would be sporting suit. Tashigi could use a women's suit like Hina, her long hair is not a bad touch. Smoker looks like he is wearing a suit with his old coat draped over him. Should be interesting to see what kind of suit he wears. I am thinking the suit will be something like what Garp and Sengoku wore back in the days of Roger. Akoiji was right about G-5. They are trash, you can't even tell which one is pirate and which one is marine without the logo, kinda funny.

Kinda hope the Straw hats start surfacing soon. Everyone is waiting for the Straw hats. I am expecting the Straw Hats to me ambushed by a Vice Admiral, Pirates from Luffy's Supernova Class, Admirals, or Yonkous. Which ever one, its fine for me.

Jinbi sacrifices a lot for a Fisherman who is not aloud on the Island. Its kinda weird that they would ban him from the Island. I wonder when Oda is going to confirm Jinbi being a Straw Hat? One chapter he says "no" because of obligation then he is thinking about next chapter. King Neptune using the Straw Hats flag does not seem like a good Idea for now. There are way to many people out to get them. They could be inviting more problems then solving.
Old 2012-01-12, 00:42   Link #53
ronin myael
lost ronin

pretty interesting chapter. i guess i kinda expected tashigi to be promoted to captain and smoker to vice-admiral but seeing them in this chapter after two years is nice and refreshing.

laughed at pekoms' turtle zoan form. a lion turtle eh? i thought the asian mythical gods includes a turtle snake, phoenix, dragon and lion? hmmm...

looks like the straw hats have gained enough notoriety for the fishmen to think that borrowing their flag for protection is a good idea. i can see the sun pirates pledging their allegiance to luffy like some of the pirates who swore fealty to whitebeard, but joining the straw hats? i don't think so.
Old 2012-01-12, 00:54   Link #54
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I doubt Smoker's become stronger as compared to Luffy. I never liked his character much before, Doubt he has changed.
Old 2012-01-12, 01:13   Link #55
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I doubt Smoker's become stronger as compared to Luffy. I never liked his character much before, Doubt he has changed.
I think he going to power up just as much.
Smoker was first person that saw luffy could be PK he going to know the last 2 years luffy going to be much stronger .
Old 2012-01-12, 01:17   Link #56
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
BTW - anyone have any idea who the marine officer that was talking in private with Doflamingo a while back could have been? Seems like a higher up, maybe a new character but I can't find any info on him.
That person was definitely a higher up from the World Government. Who it was exactly, we still don't know that.

-----

Pekoms possessing a turtle zoan ability was totally unexpected. Seeing him one-shot Caribou (a logia user) with a Haki punch was impressive. That and his 330 million bounty definitely illustrate the monstrous power of an emperor and their crew.
Old 2012-01-12, 01:42   Link #57
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
I was aware of that. Did I make any indication I was replying to that picture of Wesker?

The cigars make him look more like Duke to me.~

Quote:
Also, Pekom's turtle concept appears to be based off the Mock Turtle from Alice in Wonderland.
Spoiler for image size:
Even more supportive evidence of Big Mom's crew being based on the Lewis Carroll tale eh? Seems to be a popular theory. I s'pose only time will tell.~
Old 2012-01-12, 02:17   Link #58
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

That bomb plot coming out of nowhere....

I means seriously? Are those guards retard or what?
Old 2012-01-12, 02:50   Link #59
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
She does. If you might recall from the beginning, the one thing she feels most strongly about is how all of the worlds greatest swords are in the hands of pirates and bounty hunters. Her dream, is to take back the world's greatest swords so that they can no longer be used by evil men. This would undoubtedly include Mihawk.
which make more likely she have same reason as zoro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post

Spoiler for image size:
so if the theme is alice, what is Tamago? i can see Big mam is queen of heart.

Old 2012-01-12, 02:55   Link #60
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
What would you guys do if Oda just died tomorrow and they story was left at its current point?
Study physics and dedicate my life to built a time machine then go back in time and save Oda.