AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-20, 10:27   Link #241
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I don't know if Tetsu will ever be in real action in this series... will he become a Peacemaker? (whatever a peacemaker is...)
Old 2004-02-20, 19:37   Link #242
Galldune

Unhappy

I cried when I saw ep 19.....my 2nd fav character
Nothing better happen to Saya or .....I dont know what I'll do!
Old 2004-02-20, 22:45   Link #243
LinChoiSin

as far as i'm concerned they can kill Saya Tetsunosuke and even his brother cause i don't find them really interesting and with only 5 episodes i doubt i'll change my mind about these people!
maybe will we discover that Tetsu is already a peacemaker and that a peacemaker is only an annoying kid!
Old 2004-02-20, 22:52   Link #244
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinChoiSin
as far as i'm concerned they can kill Saya Tetsunosuke and even his brother cause i don't find them really interesting
How could you say that Saya is the most adorable character in the whole series. As for Tetsu and his brother I really wouldn't care if they lived or not but if Tetsu dies then Saya will be unhappy. Oh well.
Old 2004-02-20, 23:07   Link #245
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galldune
I cried when I saw ep 19.....my 2nd fav character
Nothing better happen to Saya or .....I dont know what I'll do!
I cried too! (Ill admit it!) The beginning of the episode was sad.. but I didnt think I would cry or anything, but when tetsu said 'gomen' and the 'nasai' came out as a little squeak.. aww..I lost it! That was some good voice acting up on the roof ;_;
Old 2004-02-21, 00:27   Link #246
LinChoiSin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
How could you say that Saya is the most adorable character in the whole series. As for Tetsu and his brother I really wouldn't care if they lived or not but if Tetsu dies then Saya will be unhappy. Oh well.
i'm not found of Saya (her working in Shimabara doesn't help) she's way too childish .
Old 2004-02-21, 00:44   Link #247
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Quote:
i'm not found of Saya (her working in Shimabara doesn't help) she's way too childish .
Well, Ill have to defend Saya, cuz I really like her. First off no one chooses to be a geisha, espiecially 15 year olds, so its not her fault for working in Shimabara. And also shes never come off as childish to me. Id say shy and adorable..but not childish
Old 2004-02-21, 01:05   Link #248
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

it sucks that there was no good fighting in episode 19, but thankfully, there was some good story progression.... people dying tend to bring forth vengefull fighting... and hopefully, there's gonna be some good action in the remaining episodes...
Old 2004-02-21, 03:26   Link #249
dreamless

Tetsu and Suzu are much more childish than Saya...
Old 2004-02-21, 07:02   Link #250
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
Well, Ill have to defend Saya, cuz I really like her. First off no one chooses to be a geisha, espiecially 15 year olds, so its not her fault for working in Shimabara. And also shes never come off as childish to me. Id say shy and adorable..but not childish
I agree, Saya doesn't choose to be a geisha (prostitute). She's an orphan, and at her age she has very little option, especially since she is mute, there go some more oppertunities that she may have found if she was lucky. When Tetsu went to the geisha house, Saya was clearly embaressed about working there. Your really can't hold it against her.
Old 2004-02-21, 13:01   Link #251
Go-go
Shinsengumi's shinobi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompShrink
I agree, Saya doesn't choose to be a geisha (prostitute).
She's not being trained to be a geisha; geisha and prostitutes are not the same. I don't think Saya would be as embarrased as she was if she was being trained to be geisha.
Prostitutes were called Yujo, while high class prostitutes were called Oiran
(Rember Yumi Komagata from Kenshin? Well, she used to be an Oiran)

Just look at the way they dress. They wear like 3 kimono and they tie their obi in the front - Yumi used to tie her obi like that, remeber? ^^-, while geisha tie their obi in the back.
Also, as far as I know, geisha were not allowed to sleep with their costumers. (There were, of course, some exeptions, but I won't get into that)

Last edited by Go-go; 2004-02-21 at 22:24.
Old 2004-02-21, 22:44   Link #252
LinChoiSin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-go
She's not being trained to be a prostitute; geisha and prostitutes are not the same. I don't think Saya would be as embarrased as she was if she was being trained to be geisha.
Prostitutes were called Yujo, while high class prostitutes were called Oiran
(Rember Yumi Komagata from Kenshin? Well, she used to be an Oiran)

Just look at the way they dress. They wear like 3 kimono and they tie their obi in the front - Yumi used to tie her obi like that, remeber? ^^-, while geisha tie their obi in the back.
Also, as far as I know, geisha were not allowed to sleep with their costumers. (There were, of course, some exeptions, but I won't get into that)
according to my sources Geisha are prostitutes, Saya is supposed to become one but even if i think that she could do another job the main reason for me not to like her is her childishness ,i think that she looks ans acts like a 12 yo but so does Tetsu.I perfectly understand that you guys find her cute,i just don't
Old 2004-02-21, 23:07   Link #253
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Quote:
according to my sources Geisha are prostitutes, Saya is supposed to become one but even if i think that she could do another job the main reason for me not to like her is her childishness ,i think that she looks ans acts like a 12 yo but so does Tetsu.I perfectly understand that you guys find her cute,i just don't
Im not an expert and its been a while since I was informed on the subject, but it has been my understanding that geisha are not prostitutes or maybe more accurately- expensive, exclusive prostitutes. Their job I thought was mostly entertaining (and flirting) at various tea houses. They have to go to geisha school and everything when they are young to learn how to pour tea and play instruments and stuff. Then they apprentice to an actual geisha (which I guess is what Saya is doing). And eventually they can get a "sponsor" who will give them a large allowance and buy them expensive kimonos and hairpins and such and in return he is entitled to sex. Im pretty sure theres no choice in being a geisha because they need to earn money to pay off the debts at the houses their parents or whoever sold them off to.
Old 2004-02-21, 23:44   Link #254
LinChoiSin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
Im not an expert and its been a while since I was informed on the subject, but it has been my understanding that geisha are not prostitutes or maybe more accurately- expensive, exclusive prostitutes. Their job I thought was mostly entertaining (and flirting) at various tea houses. They have to go to geisha school and everything when they are young to learn how to pour tea and play instruments and stuff. Then they apprentice to an actual geisha (which I guess is what Saya is doing). And eventually they can get a "sponsor" who will give them a large allowance and buy them expensive kimonos and hairpins and such and in return he is entitled to sex. Im pretty sure theres no choice in being a geisha because they need to earn money to pay off the debts at the houses their parents or whoever sold them off to.
i'm not a geisha expert either but i remember my japanese history teacher saying that in Shimabara Geishas were prostitutes who had a talent (they could play instuments,sing or act) but they still were prostitutes.There was also few higher ranked prostitutes who had more skills.In pmk it is said that when Saya will turn 16 it will be time to sold her virginity so there's no doubt about her future job.I also heard about geishas who weren't prostitutes so maybe did the definition change with the time.As for the question of the choice i'm pretty sure that geishas didn't choose to be in this field but there are always other solutions.
Old 2004-02-23, 01:25   Link #255
Pervert-Sama
Horny Guy

dammit i wish i was born back in the past. couldve been so easy to rape girls like ayu-nee damn wish i couldve joined that gangbang. you think they are gonna put the rape scene on the dvd? i wanna watch that
Old 2004-02-23, 01:31   Link #256
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervert-Sama
dammit i wish i was born back in the past. couldve been so easy to rape girls like ayu-nee damn wish i couldve joined that gangbang. you think they are gonna put the rape scene on the dvd? i wanna watch that
Now Now we do have wee little kids that come to this forum. Keep your perverted thoughts to yourself.
Old 2004-02-23, 21:09   Link #257
Pervert-Sama
Horny Guy

you wouldnt want to jump her? i hell as sure would
Old 2004-02-23, 22:18   Link #258
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervert-Sama
Yes, because they must have animated the rape scene. Hentai is obviously an integral part of Peace Maker Kurogane.

More seriously, I thought episode 19 was amazing. It seems as though PMK's production values have actually improved lately, and I'm willing to bet that the climactic fight scene will be incredible.
Old 2004-02-24, 00:00   Link #259
dreamless

about geisha, I think strictly speaking they are "performers", but most of them are prostitutes at the same time. It's just the term itself has nothing to do with prostitution, just that they often turn out to be prostitutes... hope that makes sense...

The situation is comparable to some strippers in some lowly bars I guess...
Old 2004-02-24, 03:37   Link #260
Pervert-Sama
Horny Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Yes, because they must have animated the rape scene. Hentai is obviously an integral part of Peace Maker Kurogane.
Hell yea MAGus, im with you, hentai is an integral part of anime without it, anime is nothing
Closed Thread