AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-15, 16:06   Link #1021
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I think JC Staff can't tell the difference between Louise and Taiga and whenever they do an episode on their own they make them the same (very cruel and bitchy). Since ZnT anime for the majority cases were based on their own understanding and not following novels all that closely there was no wonder that Louise turned into one extreme bitch.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2008-10-15 at 16:20.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 16:10   Link #1022
JMvS
Rawrrr!

From reading the feedback from ep 3 and the preview of ep 4, I have a huuuge premonition that they are gonna dedicate one full episode per "logo characters":
-ep 1: scary cleaning addict Ryujii (meets Taiga and friends).
-ep 2: Palmtop Taiga shows her dere-dere and vulnerable side.
-ep 3: Minorin is definitly wacky and is so Ryujii's LI! (and Taiga is back to Tsun-tsun)
-ep 4: Kitamura is not a jerk, he's just in love with the class president!!! (perhaps a little dere-dere for Taiga? or again tsun-tsun...)
-ep 5: appears Ami! (tsun-tsun Taiga for ya)
Spoiler for Ami is:

Great...they have been cutting the main character's development for the sake of developping the side characters...

Well, I guess I will enjoy ep 3 and 4 for their granted comedic value, and wait for ep 5 to get back on the plot and I hope main character growth.

Edit: Just noticed a possible pattern! odd-number episode = tsun-tsun Taiga! even-number episode = dere-dere Taiga!
Old 2008-10-15, 16:56   Link #1023
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

it looks like a promising anime ... doesn't she awfully reminds on Louise from Zero no Tsukaima the appearance and also the violent attitude
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 17:42   Link #1024
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
it looks like a promising anime ... doesn't she awfully reminds on Louise from Zero no Tsukaima the appearance and also the violent attitude
Not at all, I think you're the first person to raise the similarities.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 18:32   Link #1025
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Not at all, I think you're the first person to raise the similarities.
I hope that was sarcasm
Old 2008-10-15, 18:37   Link #1026
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
I hope that was sarcasm
It does get sorta irritating to see people comparing her to Louise. Taiga IS a much better character and way less violent and masochistic.
Old 2008-10-15, 18:43   Link #1027
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Yeah but the fact that many people (including me) feel like they're watching a blend of previous tsundere lolis is not a very good sign. The fact that episode 2 breaks away at some point from that youdogmepunch routine IS indeed refreshing, but I have no real hopes about it staying there, based on some comments I read here. However, the OTHER characters (and thankfully including Ryuuji are actually good, unlike Saito and Yuuji), so it has more chances of actually turning out decent even if Taiga gets into the tsundere routine again.
Old 2008-10-15, 18:55   Link #1028
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Having watched the raw of ep 3, it looks like my speculation is turning true:

Spoiler for ep 3 spoilers:

It was still enjoyable, but it definitly left the feeling that is was mostly too little butter for a large slice of bread...
That leaves an uneasy feeling, especially after the packed ep 1 and 2.

About the ep 4 preview:

Spoiler for ep 4 preview spoilers:

The pacing obviously feels odd, as the events of the 1st novel volume happened over several months,
Spoiler for novel spoilers?:
Old 2008-10-15, 20:50   Link #1029
msuwildog80

Hmm just watched the RAW

I pretty much enjoyed most of it. Was pretty funny and nice to see the characters being carefree and cherrful during break. Furthermore, now that it seems like 24 episode is the plan.. fillers dont upset me anymore.

Only negative thing I can say is... that these type of episodes dont stimulate much discussions or feedbacks. Nothing that matters occurred and I didnt get any new insight into the characters.

But it might only matter to me because I am dying to learn what happens in future novels. And the discussion brings up spoilers often.

Final note: I wanted to thank people that discusses the light novel. I can never find anything on upcoming novels, and love to read spoilers. Simply because I worry that the novels will stop being translated and I really would love to learn what happens to the characters.

Also especially since the previous poster mention that ithe novels get drama heavy... while contrasting to the first 2 novels which are all jokes and games.
msuwildog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 22:43   Link #1030
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuwildog80 View Post

Only negative thing I can say is... that these type of episodes dont stimulate much discussions or feedbacks. Nothing that matters occurred and I didnt get any new insight into the characters.
You read my mind, normally we'd have 100+ posts within the first day a new episode was posted. This one is unlikely to produce much enthusiasm even though I thought it was fun for what it was. I definitely got a kick out of Minori's baseball chants, am I the only one?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 00:25   Link #1031
arkxkra
全力全開

ep 3 not bad, quite fun and I enjoyed it too.

Minorin was really all time happy and full energy mode >.<", and so many part time work, strong.
Old 2008-10-16, 12:34   Link #1032
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 02:

I'm gonna need some Minorin avatars made. Shall watch the episode again for some material!
Old 2008-10-16, 12:36   Link #1033
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

might take a look at this one after R+V.
Old 2008-10-16, 14:15   Link #1034
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
ep 3 not bad, quite fun and I enjoyed it too.

Minorin was really all time happy and full energy mode >.<", and so many part time work, strong.
Spoiler for ep 3:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:15   Link #1035
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Spoiler for EP 3 spoiler:

Overall a good episode, it develop Minorin ADHD personality and how Ryuji perceived her in his own interpretation. My impression is the anime staff decided to flesh out the principal characters first after they establish relationship between lead characters. It is interesting to note that they are dedicating one full episode on each of them.

A good move.
Old 2008-10-16, 14:26   Link #1036
uis

Episode 3 quite enjoyable...
Yeah anything with Minorin make me happy...

Anyway I have question...
Are the manga follow light novel storyline???
If follow... Maybe I read manga too...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:38   Link #1037
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Episode 3 quite enjoyable...
Yeah anything with Minorin make me happy...

Anyway I have question...
Are the manga follow light novel storyline???
If follow... Maybe I read manga too...
So far the manga follows the novel storyline in a closer way than the anime (but anime art is perhaps closer to novel material), art is a little different but Taiga's facial expressions are priceless (look into my gallery or the Toradora! Fan-clubs for some of the most striking ).
I'd recommend reading the manga, it's not very long as it so far only cover the first novel and the very beginning of the second.
Actually speaking of timeline, the anime has already covered most of it, but in the manga you will get alot of the character development that was rushed in the anime so far. So it's spoiler free!
Old 2008-10-16, 14:39   Link #1038
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
It would seem that the manga is following light novel in principle but more emphasis on traditional cute aspect of the genre. The drawing itself is pretty much geared towards it.
Old 2008-10-16, 14:58   Link #1039
uis

Thanks guy...
I will try read manga...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 15:41   Link #1040
Molenir

After 3 episodes, this is one of the better shows so far this season. There are a bunch of good ones, Skip Beat, Index, Shikabane Hime, Kannagi, Hyakko, but this is holding its own so far. Definitely looking forward to more Toradora.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen