AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-03-02, 05:04   Link #5621
ginger02

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nd-on-march-30

Seems like it really is ending
Hope it's just a break. It'd be fairy tails first.

Although ANNs own source seems to question it.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 05:07   Link #5622
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

I thought about it and I figured, perhaps Lucy's spirits don't come out of their gates without her summoning them because that would be kind of like cheating in the Games.

ADD: The news seems legit if that's the case, it would mean the anime is going to end... a little after the

Spoiler for As shown in the opening credits:

Hopefully they return the series after only a year.

EDIT: Only 4 more episodes to go

Last edited by Pinwheel10; 2013-03-02 at 05:21.
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 06:08   Link #5623
DarkJak2050

First Bleach, now Fairy Tail...

Soon Naruto and One Piece might follow shortly.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 06:14   Link #5624
ginger02

Article was updated with some sorta positive news by posting mashima's twitter post. Well it's more like a post to tell us that there will be good news, and we just have to be patient lol.

So it gives me hope.

Someone made the point on the Ann forums that after 6 months of filler, the show is still catching up rather quickly.
Old 2013-03-02, 06:35   Link #5625
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
First Bleach, now Fairy Tail...

Soon Naruto and One Piece might follow shortly.

One Piece 7.0 rating and above always puts it in to top 6 rated anime shows.

Naruto rarely into top 10 but ratings rarely drop below 3.0, DVD's always sell above 1000 copies, the most recent movie was very profitable and it's merchandise (games) sell very well.

Fairy Tail sub 2.0 to al low as 0.5 rating since the timeslot change, DVD's sell below 500 copies and merchandise sells like crap.

Naruto and One Piece have to drop a lot for them to be cancelled.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 06:39   Link #5626
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

You mean Naruto and OP never had a "break" like this?

Mashima has good news... hope it means two chapters a week! xD
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 06:44   Link #5627
ShiroiRyu

After looking one more time to the OP, i can't be sure that will be finished.
Another name for Fairy Tail maybe ?
Old 2013-03-02, 10:47   Link #5628
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Yes, Mashima is really using Lucy as his butt monkey this arc. With Minerva in the game, I can see how he wouldn't have wanted her to face a loss yet (as nice as it would have sounded), but I would have hoped for a tie at least. Wendy managed that much. If I were Lucy, by now, I would have looked for a magic pouch or string that would have enabled me to call my keys back instantly, since they are the source of my magic.

Next episode title implies Ichiya will finally fight. Also that perhaps Sting, Rogue, Natsu, and Gadjeel will fight soon.

As for FT's cancellation... there are 4 more episodes left, so that leaves the ending shortly after the Sting/Rogue/Natsu/Gadjeel fight. An odd place to end things. Given how close the anime is getting to the manga, though, we thought at least they'd make it to the end of the arc, but perhaps not. When you get this close, there are only a few things you can do:

1. Create filler
2. Take a break

It may be, in this case, that they have chosen the latter. The anime that replaces it is Driland, which last had a 12 ep run. This looks to be a second season of it, so probably another 12-13 episodes. That gives a season for Mashima to finish the arc and start the new one. Although, they might wait another season past that, if they plan to start FT up again. Given the tone and words of Mashima's tweet about good news, this could be the case.

For extra information though, we kinda have to consider how anime works in Japan. Like cartoons here, anime is primarily seen as cartoons over there, for young people. That is why shonen shows last so long and do so well, because all the little boys over there watch them. Shonen literally means "little boy." So, the shows that are the most pure shonen like DBZ and One Piece, will attract the largest crowd and thus ratings. The only other way to keep a show on the air, is via merchandise, of which is primarily how magical girl shows stay on the air. They have to make money somehow. Shonen shows aren't known for their merchandise as much (unless it is a mecha show where you can buy the models, ie, Gundam). Most every series that stretches past 50 episodes will generally fit this type; pure simple shonen for little boys, or mahou shoujo with merch. Fairy is shonen, but the storyline isn't quite as simple, and it incorporates things that will fly over the heads of little boys, like the complex relationship between Erza and Jellal, or things they don't care about like female fighters.

The only two exceptions I can think of off hand, are Gintama and Detective Conan. But the latter has cheaper production values, so it might make it worth it to keep going. Gintama is the true oddity, but given how truly odd it is, might make it appeal to enough people to not need as many young boys.

The last thing to consider is that One Piece, given how Oda wanted to capture as much of the feel of DBZ's "manliness" as he could, is setting a standard, that causes other shonen shows like Bleach and Naruto to suffer. Had One Piece not been airing when Bleach did, the latter might have done better (although Bleach itself has a few issues).

So, there you have it; a very short, simplistic breakdown of Japanese anime and the thought that goes into whether they stay on the air. If you want your anime to have great ratings, you follow the simplistic shonen style of DBZ and One Piece and appeal to little boys. Otherwise, you roll the dice with bad odds, and hope that somehow you attract enough other people. Or just plan in advance to have just a 12-50 episode run and that's it.

Edit: Minor correction. Driland has 32 episodes so far, and is ongoing. No idea when it is going to end, but still could plan to end it around ep 50, and thus move something else into it's slot. Also, as another side note, you can see that Driland is a kiddy show, which kinda tells you something about FT's time slot (and time slots for other shonen shows). It could be that FT hit an unhappy middle; not quite shonen/kiddy enough for little boys, and not quite complex and grown-up enough for adults.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2013-03-02 at 10:58.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 12:44   Link #5629
ellessarr
Banned

here my mind about this:

back to tenroujima arc where near the end also was annouced the end of the anime in the episode of the giggle but gang, then the FT fan go crazy and mashima say not abouth this, then ft get replaced ny another anime and after something like 2 to 3 months mashima make a announce in his twitter about a surprise then some weeks after FT appear again on tv schedule with the filler arc.

i think this gonna happen again and even now who the anime is ending in the middle of the arc, to a anime "reallys" end in the middle of a arc both anime and manga sales must be go very, very bad(who what not Ft case the anime sales dont go so awesome but manga goes wild).

then this just a break to give mashima more free time to end this arc and start a new one and work on another filler arc to make again anime dont catch too soon manga something likehave at last 100 chapters ahead

today anime gonna end in the chapter 297 (missing 24 chapters who can take something between 12 and 20 episodes to catch) i think this arc gonna end something between 330 to 340 chapter max then i think mashima plains to let anime stay in hyatus in something between 1 to 2 seasons(like happened before) then when the difference between manga and anime go again in 100 + chapters he come back (first making another big filler arc like the clock of sky who gonna last something like 6 months before come back to regular manga shedule), and also maybe to change that so annoyning anime art team and hire the movie art team(this arc art was really bad compared with others).

mashima in his twitter already say to the fans to "wait some good news" then... i hard believe who anime gonna really end too soon(wtf the movie have a awesome amount of watchers and i'm already hearing who the dvd sales are going awesome too, then how he can end anime in this way).

another thing is this type of "bad news" helps the dvd sales boosts, because fans become scare of the ending and start to buy the dvd for can have all the "original material until the end", in the sky arc the same happened, the dvd sales goes too little then after "ends" announcement the sales raised crazy for few weeks" then go back to a stable level.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 13:42   Link #5630
ginger02

^
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought of some of those reasons, especially possibly boost attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Yes, Mashima is really using Lucy as his butt monkey this arc. With Minerva in the game, I can see how he wouldn't have wanted her to face a loss yet (as nice as it would have sounded), but I would have hoped for a tie at least. Wendy managed that much. If I were Lucy, by now, I would have looked for a magic pouch or string that would have enabled me to call my keys back instantly, since they are the source of my magic.

Next episode title implies Ichiya will finally fight. Also that perhaps Sting, Rogue, Natsu, and Gadjeel will fight soon.

As for FT's cancellation... there are 4 more episodes left, so that leaves the ending shortly after the Sting/Rogue/Natsu/Gadjeel fight. An odd place to end things. Given how close the anime is getting to the manga, though, we thought at least they'd make it to the end of the arc, but perhaps not. When you get this close, there are only a few things you can do:

1. Create filler
2. Take a break

It may be, in this case, that they have chosen the latter. The anime that replaces it is Driland, which last had a 12 ep run. This looks to be a second season of it, so probably another 12-13 episodes. That gives a season for Mashima to finish the arc and start the new one. Although, they might wait another season past that, if they plan to start FT up again. Given the tone and words of Mashima's tweet about good news, this could be the case.

Edit: Minor correction. Driland has 32 episodes so far, and is ongoing. No idea when it is going to end, but still could plan to end it around ep 50, and thus move something else into it's slot. Also, as another side note, you can see that Driland is a kiddy show, which kinda tells you something about FT's time slot (and time slots for other shonen shows). It could be that FT hit an unhappy middle; not quite shonen/kiddy enough for little boys, and not quite complex and grown-up enough for adults.
I was thinking similarly. I really don't want it to end. I'm just wondering, if the show is coming back in ANY form, why say it's ending? Mashima's tweet gives me hope, I just hope it's something related to the Fairy Tail anime and not another work or a FT game or something.
Old 2013-03-02, 13:59   Link #5631
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I just hope this is a case of taking a break and coming back after enough material has been made up. Can say FT's sales aren't so high that they would bother with massive filler arcs to keep spitting out DVDs and getting more sales. Might be more reasonable to take a break like this to give that gap some breathing room before continuing on again.

Though the last time I saw a series stop mid arc was way back with Inuyasha. And know how long that took to get a continuation again. So until we find out what Mashima's "good news" is will somewhat be on edge.

Regardless, have gotten over 170 episodes of good times with this series. While it's debatable whether it'll be back in a season or a year or whenever, pretty sure it will be back. Though it is still pretty shocking and unsettling to have it suddenly that break in the middle of the arc.
Old 2013-03-02, 14:42   Link #5632
UnklPetri

i think lucy should have used gemini to clone aquarius
UnklPetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 15:24   Link #5633
ginger02

All this talk about the anime ending reminds me that I need to go watch the movie. Is it out subbed anywhere?
Old 2013-03-02, 21:40   Link #5634
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Either Yukino was a sergeant before joining Sabertooth or her promotion is really random.

And Fairy Tail is getting all annoyed about Minerva beating Lucy to a pulp. It kinda sucks that it hits her again but who stormed the Sabertooth inn again? You made them your enemies and now you're paying the price for it.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 23:15   Link #5635
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Either Yukino was a sergeant before joining Sabertooth or her promotion is really random.

And Fairy Tail is getting all annoyed about Minerva beating Lucy to a pulp. It kinda sucks that it hits her again but who stormed the Sabertooth inn again? You made them your enemies and now you're paying the price for it.
The 2nd point makes sense. I mean it doesn't justify what Minerva did at all, but after all, Natsu did hurt their guild members too. Doubt Saber tooth cares about that but maybe. I think the story made a point that Natsu hurt the other guild members back then for this reason. Normally it's not something you think about, and it was only a slight mention, but it did its job.
Old 2013-03-03, 00:13   Link #5636
ellessarr
Banned

hi guys here's a good news who i get from a japan friend in another site about anime's ending...
Spoiler:
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 01:47   Link #5637
ginger02

^
lol ya know, it'd TOTALLY be Mashima's style if that was true. I won't get my hopes up

But even if that isn't true, it's too funny since it's so him.
Old 2013-03-03, 01:51   Link #5638
tera_ha

Naruto won't end any time sooner. it's at it's peek right now with all the wars going on in the anime

and One piece has always been n top 10 ratings in japan because it is (I also think it is) the most consistent anime, even the fillers are good
Old 2013-03-03, 01:59   Link #5639
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
hi guys here's a good news who i get from a japan friend in another site about anime's ending...
Spoiler:
By the way, what forum is this from? I only use this one so I don't know of many others.
Old 2013-03-03, 03:06   Link #5640
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
The 2nd point makes sense. I mean it doesn't justify what Minerva did at all, but after all, Natsu did hurt their guild members too. Doubt Saber tooth cares about that but maybe. I think the story made a point that Natsu hurt the other guild members back then for this reason. Normally it's not something you think about, and it was only a slight mention, but it did its job.
I really don't think it does matter to them. At best you can say the issue they had from that was that a small time guild had the nerve to stand up to them. After all for a guild that doesn't give a damn about its members that self-image of being the best is all that matters to them. They'll even go to the extent of kicking out anyone who fails and forgetting they ever existed to protect that pride.

The attack on Lucy mirrors this. I think a very minor part of this had to do with Natsu at all. Minerva needed someone in that pool to beat on for a while to satisfy her ego. Then things went bad because that pride was tarnished by Lucy having the gall to stand up to her. If Lucy rolled over to the almighty Sabertooth she would have been fine (well as fine as she would have been anyways).

It's all a big mess anyways. Sabertooth started this mess by treating their own member as less than trash. It's sadder that it was required by an outsider to step forward and do what one of their own members should have done.

Regardless Sabertooth must not be one for history. You declare war on Fairy Tail and there isn't going to be anything left of your guild but the legends. Phantom and Grimoire Heart learned that the hard way. Though in some ways can kind of view Phantom and Sabertooth on similar levels. Both caught up with their obsession of being the strongest and not really being a group that cares that much about each other. The rise of Fairy Tail getting in the way of that view and thus the war begins. Just that this time it will be a war inside an arena.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tera_ha View Post
Naruto won't end any time sooner. it's at it's peek right now with all the wars going on in the anime

and One piece has always been n top 10 ratings in japan because it is (I also think it is) the most consistent anime, even the fillers are good
I'm impressed One Piece has kept up their ratings. They've kind of been dragging their feet for a while now because of the closeness to the manga.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen