AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-20, 09:35   Link #41
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Knowing Flipflopps, I am fairly confident that he can pull the yo-yo-ing between comedy and drama w/o having people raising a eyebrow. Not sure about those in charge of the adaptation. I am staying mostly because of the art by flipflopps, and this might be the closest thing to a Touhou anime we will ever have, and for Haruka Tomatsu.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 01:19   Link #42
scr
my sides are in orbit

In a certain other place, the solution to a late spring would be to rob Spring Essence from someone else at swordpoint.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 16:55   Link #43
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Does the manga at the end of Ep2 exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
After watching the censored version I think my sight got worse. Too many yellow beams.
The censored version? lol
Old 2011-07-24, 10:45   Link #44
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

I liked the part where the god of poverty got trapped in the room and got threatened with being placed in a luxurious shrine. Her character design with her teddy bear is just cute
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 14:54   Link #45
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Mayu got them into a mess by not even trying this time. She didn't even solve it to make up for it any way.
Old 2011-07-25, 19:27   Link #46
Midonin
Last Engage

Bakumayu 03 - Small Soldiers

That was one of the more abrupt genre changes I've seen in the span of a commercial break. (Second prize goes to changing from military action to Pseudo-Utena action, but that's for another thread.) Still, an amusing episode. Kaori Mizuhashi put in a good performance as Yukina, and the "battle tactics" of the familiars left Yoshino and Gonta quickly outmatched. It's hard to tell who's the most grounded in this cast, but Shamo and Yuzu are currently in the lead. The Boss' plotline provides a nice B-story (and I suppose the manga is a C-story. Having it voiced, even if only its panels are drawn, makes it pretty close to being real.)
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 14:27   Link #47
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

This is such a nice series. Can't help but be reminded of Touhou, but I'm not sure if it's the character designs with the trim and frills or just FLIPFLOPs. The story seems to get a little stilted in some places, but creates nice heartwarming situations without being too bogged down in sugar or drama.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 14:29   Link #48
tsunade666

This story really reminded me too of Touhou. Oriental gods and goddess doing nothing but play around -_- now if a miko priestess shows up it might be nice.

Episode 03 is nice with the shikigami going rebel against their master omyouji because of over work.
Old 2011-07-29, 01:21   Link #49
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
This story really reminded me too of Touhou. Oriental gods and goddess doing nothing but play around -_- now if a miko priestess shows up it might be nice.
Isn't Yuzu a priestess hence her being involved with the gods? Though I suppose you're wanting her in the classical Miko outfit?

Also this show has been fairly fun so far, at least the setting is different if nothing else .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 11:10   Link #50
tsunade666

Is Yuzu a priestess? I though she is just taking care of Mayu. Well it's not a surprise if gods enter her house and she doesn't go surprised. So it's normal for her. I thought the thing she is running is an inn and a store.
Old 2011-08-01, 12:37   Link #51
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Mayu seems to really care about Yuzu. There should be an episode soon to explain how they met.

Yukina's a Onmyouji. Its the equivalent of a wizard while mikos are the equivalent of priests. At least thats the closest comparison i can think of
Old 2011-08-01, 19:26   Link #52
Midonin
Last Engage

Baku-Mayu 04 - Dream Eater Yurara

This episode did a pretty quick turn on itself. Yurara's a fun character. Her squeaky mallet and absolute dedication to the subject of dreams makes her enjoyable to watch. Mayu's dream was a sinful little escapade (again with the durians?), but Yuzu's dream gave the episode a bittersweet feel. It explains why she's living on her own, but also where she got all her skills from. And that Mayu, even if she is a lazy gamer, is still Yuzu's closest confidant and comrade.

This was also the first episode without the Boss subplot, but he would've looked out of place here. I do like how the end of each episode transitions to the next, in this case Gonta running to prepare everyone for their beach trip next week.
Old 2011-08-02, 12:12   Link #53
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see Mayu become defense about Yuzu. I wonder what tha parents are planning.
Old 2011-08-02, 20:37   Link #54
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

This episode was very interesting, it managed being funny and be show more of both Yuzu and Mayu's personality and past well, probably my favorite so far .
MAL
Old 2011-08-03, 22:07   Link #55
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yuzu was just so cute as a kid and Mayu is just so simple minded
Old 2011-08-07, 06:41   Link #56
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Ok that was a horrible but amusing pun. Typhoon and thai food. Mayu must be a popular girl, she seems to know a lot of the other kami
Old 2011-08-07, 19:11   Link #57
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

This ep's illustration was by Youta (よう太) (NSFW) which is kind of a break from the last four illustrators who all have a number of comics, artbooks, game or music illustrations for Touhou. It seems Youta was involved in one Touhou pinup collab but I think that's it.
Ep 4 Motor (モタ). (NSFW)
Ep 3 O-ide Chosuke (大出長介).
Ep 2 Haniwa (葉庭).
Ep 1 Daioki (大沖).
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 19:31   Link #58
Midonin
Last Engage

Ma-Yu 05 - Rock You Like a Hurricane

The "Takotsubo" room, is it? Coupled with a manga artist (albeit one who's serialized) struggling to come up with a successful idea, and that's a recipe for disaster. Mostly for Gonta. Everyone else still had an enjoyable vacation. He never did get to see his wardrobe malfunction. This isn't that kind of show, though, so even if it happened, he still wouldn't see it. The way Yukina and Gonta's subplots intersected was pretty creative.

We can now add Asami Shimoda as another one of the gods. Not surprised Mayu got to know a few more of the local gods through games. An MMO in this case. Yuzu's a ping pong wizard - behind that saintly exterior lurks the heart of a sports legend. I enjoyed this episode a lot. The jokes were carried off pretty well, and the characters all bounce off each other in fun ways. The chemistry, while not completely tight, is solid.

Even if he failed, Raincoat Legend Gonta was pretty cool. It takes a brave man to fly into the eye of the storm.
Old 2011-08-09, 17:04   Link #59
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

A fun episode, though when the the Ping pong scene came on for some reason I was expecting the same troll pace Mayoi Neko Overrun used, so I laughed rather hard when Yuzu scored in a single super shot .

Also having Gonta read the failed manga ideas was brilliant and hilarious results from Yukina's silly puns . Though Mayu's solution to the Typhoon equally amused me .
MAL
Old 2011-08-09, 17:31   Link #60
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is quite the underrated series. Pity it isn't getting more attention (says the guy who's watching it but not blogging it).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen, supernatural