AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-06, 07:50   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal [Anticipation]

(I can't believe I'm the one making this thread)

ANN report

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
Publisher Kodansha and creator Naoko Takeuchi announced on Friday that a new anime adaptation of Takeuchi's Sailor Moon manga is being produced. The new anime series is aimed for release next summer, and the idol group Momoiro Clover Z will perform a theme song.

Kodansha and Takeuchi made the announcement during a live event celebrating the 20th anniversary of the manga. Momoiro Clover Z sang the first Sailor Moon anime's theme song "Moonlight Densetsu" at the event via a live video feed from France, where they are guests of Japan Expo.

Update: More background information added. Although Kotono Mitsuishi and Tohru Furuya, the voices of Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino and Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba in the first Sailor Moon anime, were present at the live event, the event did not specify that they will reprise their roles in the new series.
I'm not actually a fan of the series, but for some reason my nostalgia tendencies made me home on this news.

MOD EDIT: AND it's been delayed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by APNki View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-anime-delayed

Quote:
Fumio Osano, the Sailor Moon manga's Kodansha editor who is known by his nickname "Osabu," confirmed in response to a question on his Twitter account that the new Sailor Moon anime has been delayed. The anime was previously announced as debuting this summer.

Osabu has not yet given further details, but a more formal announcement is expected soon. When asked if the anime would broadcast in winter 2014, he responded, "Not 2014. Perhaps."

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-04-27 at 07:31.
Old 2012-07-06, 07:57   Link #2
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

This is pretty much the best news this year.
Old 2012-07-06, 08:54   Link #3
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
This is pretty much the best news this year.
YESSSSS.

Please let this be done wonderfully and awesomely and not get messed up. >_<
Old 2012-07-06, 09:16   Link #4
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

well what can i say my childhood fapping time is back lol im hoping for a complete remake not just some dragon ball kai look a like
Old 2012-07-06, 09:19   Link #5
dmaxzero

Nostalgia drive engaged
Old 2012-07-06, 09:20   Link #6
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
well what can i say my childhood fapping time is back lol im hoping for a complete remake not just some dragon ball kai look a like
If you can believe the reports from Miss Dream Subs which followed the event live, the new anime will be a reboot that'll follow the original manga more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dream Subs
Yes. The new anime will more closely follow the manga and is intended for ORIGINAL fans of the series. Not kids.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-07-06, 09:25   Link #7
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If you can believe the reports from Miss Dream Subs which followed the event live, the new anime will be a reboot that'll follow the original manga more.
oh so the old anime did not follow the manga well, if you know about the manga how many episodes will you think this new Sailormoon will have?

and why this thread news has not made a lot of replies yet by now? not many old people here on animesuki that know sailormoon?

EDIT:

just saw the length of the manga its only 65 chapters, so that means the new anime can be compressed to 50 (or 25 if compressed more) episodes only
Old 2012-07-06, 09:33   Link #8
tsunade666

The hell this news is! I was a little kid when I watched this series and they are doing a rework on it like dragonball? good news or bad news <_< I didn't like kai for all it matters.
Old 2012-07-06, 09:40   Link #9
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

My sis was an avid lover of SLM back when I was a fan of Digimon, Gundam, Macross and Ronin Warriors in the 1990s. I would consider it the 90s Nanoha and Pretty Cure.

With regards to the fans, I am not sure about them now. Some of them went down the evil path of no return and had shipped Tuxedo Mask with the other male characters...*shudders*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-07-06, 09:45   Link #10
Ridwan

I heard Jojo is also getting its own anime. Are we seeing a trend ?
Old 2012-07-06, 09:47   Link #11
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
unless their will be a Slam Dunk remake too its not yet a (remake of classic anime) trend for me
Old 2012-07-06, 09:47   Link #12
maximilianjenus
[E]

I liked teh anime better than the manga, the manga feels very rushed ; if they are going to make this closer to the manga, and since the manga is darker than the anime the madoka comparisons will be inevitable. hopefully they will give this a decent budget sicne sales are guaranted,, I think. how well did the live action series do ?
Old 2012-07-06, 09:51   Link #13
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
Japan is undergoing a time warp to a time where the good old anime styles of muscular men and bishoujo-sque ladies rule. Hurrah! Except for the bishoujo-sque ladies; I want my lolis please.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-07-06, 09:56   Link #14
uis

Funny today i hear about Sailormoon remake and FSN remake by ufotable (need confirmation by ANN)...

Hmmm oh well my imouto will love this news anyway and weird because my imouto born in 2002
but love sailormoon compare to me watching this on local tv when kids...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2012-07-06, 10:00   Link #15
Bern-san

Definitely best news.

Sailor Moon was the first manga I ever bought, I still remember reading the last volume when I was a six, my mind blew

I really hope no fillers and closer to the manga, though I still enjoyed the original anime (I think that the last seasons weren't emitted in my country, or I just missed them which is quite likely)
Old 2012-07-06, 10:21   Link #16
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Is this for real? I can hardly believe it. Good news indeed. Well maybe.
The quality of this remake might determine what to expect from anime for the next few years actually... so it could be bad.

Still the nostalgia...
Old 2012-07-06, 10:26   Link #17
mechdra

Great news for me as well. Sailormoon is one of the hot anime back in the 90s. I still remember seeing Sailor Mercury back in 1994 and that is the point it get very popular.

Let the new generation know that Usagi and friends are the mother of all sort of moe!
Old 2012-07-06, 11:00   Link #18
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
just saw the length of the manga its only 65 chapters, so that means the new anime can be compressed to 50 (or 25 if compressed more) episodes only
They are fairly long chapters, though -- glancing through the tables of contents, 40 pages seems to be the average with a few going over 50.
Old 2012-07-06, 11:29   Link #19
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I would like to see Chiibi being surprised by this news ! Anyways, a good news to me tough the classic anime remake trend isn't grand yet.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-07-06, 11:45   Link #20
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The timing for this is excellent.

Interest in magical girl anime is probably as high now as its been since Sailor Moon's height. It's the ideal time for the most famous magical girl anime of them all to make its return.

The key thing will be keeping "monster of the week" down to a minimum. That worked in the 90s, but I don't think it'll fly (for very long) with modern Nanoha and/or Madoka fans.

Tags
remake, shoujo