AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 6 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 4.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 24.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 15.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.44%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 6.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-01, 02:23   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Little Busters - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-12-01, 11:02   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well... I didn't expect them to make Sasami even more lame than she was in the VN, but they sure did: so many ridiculous poses, and the seiyuu doesn't help it at all
I still don't get the point of abusing VN references with the fight BGM/SFX if they just don't show anything onscreen... that defeats the whole fanservice treat if you ask me OTZ.

Anyway, my biggest problem with this episode is certainly being affected by the previous episodes as well: pushing Rin's "development" here is way too late, as we already have glimpses of Rin's difficulty to get along with strangers, yet after what happened with Komari, it almost looks like she is back to square one.
To begin with, Riki's complaint regarding Rin's lack of socializing efforts were made much earlier than that, so the timing of the first third of the episode is... pretty much off, especially if they made Rin that concerned about the cafeteria incident, to the point she can asks the LB girls around (even Yuiko?!)

Anyway, good to see they sticked with another full LB episode (minus Mio ), although for some reason, the budget took a huge nose dive, with cheap sakuga and minimalistic animation, plagued by still shots (at some points, hands are whacky as hell, especially Kyousuke's during "Mission Start!" )
Old 2012-12-01, 21:39   Link #3
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Oh lol, this minigame. I always sucks like hell on it because I just have absolutely no idea what in blue blazes am I supposed to succeed at it.
Old 2012-12-01, 22:03   Link #4
GDB

My only complaint is that they need to just have the Narcolepsy hit. Stop reminding us he has it 5 minutes before you have him get an attack. It's annoying.
Old 2012-12-02, 02:59   Link #5
novalysis

It's an average, fairly low key bridging episode, though I do think that quite a good deal of character revelation (I wouldn't use Character building) was executed in this episode.

I slashed the score to 7 mostly because the animation was terrible. For me, the worst was looking at those trees. It's almost as if we are looking at anime made ten years ago.

By the way, I have a theory that a Narcolepsy attack means that we will be entering the route of a new girl within an episode or two. Riki's Narcolepsy happened in episode 2, and Komari's route begun in episdoe 4, so we might see another character recruitment episode (Which the next episode seems almost certain to be), before another route begins.

But I agree that it is quite a silly script writing decision to remind viewers for the umpteenth time that Riki has Narcolepsy.
Old 2012-12-02, 06:36   Link #6
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I've noticed some lazy animation when it hit at the 04:59 to 05:01 mark. Man, did Rin just fell instantly after being pounced by cats?

Still, I have a feeling that the sender can predict events, which can help the Little Busters! from achieving the secret of the world.
Old 2012-12-02, 10:29   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There's really not much to say about this episode. That was okay. The humor has always been more miss than hit with me, but it worked pretty well this time.

The mistery thickens. The sender of the letter can apparently predict the future. I am reminded of the flashbacks (which were actually flashforwards) Riki got when he read the first letter. I'm sticking to the time loop theory for now. The sender of the letter isn't predicting the future: he has already experienced these events.
Old 2012-12-02, 15:35   Link #8
kitten320

Weak episode, I would even say it was unnecessary.
It didn't really add anything new. Creators should hurry up with actual character routes, right now it is a massive mess.
Old 2012-12-02, 17:33   Link #9
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I haven't seen this episode yet, but after just 8 episodes the show is not picking up for me. It doesn't feel like a Key show to me anymore or it never did. The main characters are just retarded with no depth at all. The soundtrack is lame, I keep hearing the same tunes over and over which just makes it worse. Is Jun Maeda composing the soundtrack for this anime at all? It just doesn't sound to his level at all. I don't mind the animation at all since it's not something that makes an anime great, so I rather not complaint about it. I think it's best if I just drop this show now and wait till the season is over.

Key shows are more enjoyable to watch in multiple episodes rather than wait a whole week for one, well at least for me because they don't stand out very well as standalone episodes.
Old 2012-12-02, 18:44   Link #10
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Not as good as last episode, but still alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I still don't get the point of abusing VN references with the fight BGM/SFX if they just don't show anything onscreen... that defeats the whole fanservice treat if you ask me OTZ.
Yeah I really don't get it. This is the second time they did that and it makes absolutely no sense. It just looks really awkward (or even just cheap) to cut away like that for anime viewers and for VN fans it just makes me think "seriously!?"
Old 2012-12-02, 21:15   Link #11
matrixhazard

This episode really giving me a slow phase. It looks like it's trying to build up the main plot about "Secret of the World". However, I think it could be more faster. But not thing much interesting in this episode rather than Rin trying to put everyone to help.
Old 2012-12-02, 22:11   Link #12
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

The Good: QUAD DAMAGE Ojou-cackle

The Bad: Apparently, the secret of the world is that the norovirus is going around.

The Awkward: Riki confirmed for catcher. I called it.

On a less dismissive note, I've been waiting to see more of Mio since her introduction, and it looks as if we're at least going to get that next week.
Old 2012-12-02, 23:55   Link #13
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I've noticed some lazy animation when it hit at the 04:59 to 05:01 mark. Man, did Rin just fell instantly after being pounced by cats?

Still, I have a feeling that the sender can predict events, which can help the Little Busters! from achieving the secret of the world.
Yeah lol that was amazingly bad. It was annoying that they didn't animate the fight scene, but if it was going to be 2 frames like that was, then I'm glad they didn't. I don't remember the last time I could count frames in a TV show :P
Old 2012-12-03, 09:13   Link #14
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

got lots of Rin with blushing scene and cuteness overload....
*give seal of approval to this episode*

wafuuu~~~ sometimes, I think we need some filler like this in the anime..
it's just little boring if they advanced to each characters' route and just end everything quickly
Old 2012-12-03, 10:01   Link #15
detra

Quote:
The soundtrack is lame, I keep hearing the same tunes over and over which just makes it worse. Is Jun Maeda composing the soundtrack for this anime at all?
Most if not all of the soundtrack is directly from the VN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
wafuuu~~~ sometimes, I think we need some filler like this in the anime..it's just little boring if they advanced to each characters' route and just end everything quickly
It's not really filler, at least not in the sense that it was anime orignal content. But the VN didn't shove the narcolepsy right into your face like the anime does.
Old 2012-12-03, 10:53   Link #16
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
The soundtrack is lame, I keep hearing the same tunes over and over which just makes it worse. Is Jun Maeda composing the soundtrack for this anime at all? It just doesn't sound to his level at all.
To be fair, Maeda Jun is not the only musician who composed the music for LB. He only contributed to about 1/3 of the original soundtrack, if I'm not wrong. And I recall that only a few of his tracks have been repeated again and again in the anime.

That said, the music has not been used very effectively so far. Most of the BGMs have been cut short right before it get to the good part and the timing sense for the music is just bad some time.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2012-12-03, 12:50   Link #17
halibonga

totally thought they were gonna animate rin's fight with sasami's group, turns out to be a bunch of soundtracks from the vn...(from one of the sound i can tell someone had used a healing item)
Old 2012-12-03, 15:19   Link #18
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
The good: Now I wanna eat what they make...
Old 2012-12-03, 18:44   Link #19
Seihai
スマイリウム

Not much to say about this episode, it was a fun watch. I'm hungry now, too. The only issue I have is with how Riki always goes like "I don't even know how much time has passed or what day it is". I figured if he cares that much about the time, first thing he would do is check his mobile phone unless his doesn't have a calendar.
Old 2012-12-03, 21:57   Link #20
freshoutofthepan

Did anyone else hear a bit of AIR in this episode? So nostalgic...
Closed Thread