AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-01-23, 15:33   Link #201
Cal-Reflector

That was a pretty darn cool episode. It's a matter of personal preference, but I feel that in terms of style (including choice of weapons), the two villain characters really have the upper hand: Gin-sama has her wings and Barasuishou has that cool sword she keeps materalizing out of thin-air.

Burning question: The biggest wild card who doesn't figure well into anyone's equation now is Gin-Sama. What's she thinking of? Has she forgotten her devotion to Father, which came across so intensely in season 1?
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 16:30   Link #202
Imaginary_num6er
虚数

Bad news guys:

(RAW from 2ch RMT Thread #147)
534 名前:風の谷の名無しさん@実況は実況板で 投稿日:2006/01/24(火) 05:52 ID:cQ7I8C9R
キッズステーションの松尾衛監督のインタビュー見たけど、
アリスゲームの真意とはなんなのか?を最終話で明らかにするとか言ってた。
真紅が楽しかった日々を含めてこれから背負っていくとか言ってたけど、
ということは復活エンドはほぼあり得ないってことになるんだろうな…

それと、今回でローゼン完結させるってさ。
3期望んでた人は残念。俺は原作に切り替えて楽しむことにするよ。

(Literal Translation)
I looked at director Matsuo Kou's interview on Kid's Station,
and he said that he will reveal what's the "real purpose of the Alice Game?" on the last ep. He also said that Shinku needs to bear with her many things,
including the happy days she had. Well, I guess this means that the mass-ressurection ending is almost impossible...

Also, he said he's going to conclude Rozen [Maiden] during this time around.
Too bad, to those who wished a 3rd season. I will enjoy myself by switching to the original (manga).
Imaginary_num6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 16:44   Link #203
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary_num6er
Bad news guys:

(RAW from 2ch RMT Thread #147)
534 名前:風の谷の名無しさん@実況は実況板で 投稿日:2006/01/24(火) 05:52 ID:cQ7I8C9R
キッズステーションの松尾衛監督のインタビュー見たけど、
アリスゲームの真意とはなんなのか?を最終話で明らかにするとか言ってた。
真紅が楽しかった日々を含めてこれから背負っていくとか言ってたけど、
ということは復活エンドはほぼあり得ないってことになるんだろうな…

それと、今回でローゼン完結させるってさ。
3期望んでた人は残念。俺は原作に切り替えて楽しむことにするよ。

(Literal Translation)
I looked at director Matsuo Kou's interview on Kid's Station,
and he said that he will reveal what's the "real purpose of the Alice Game?" on the last ep. He also said that Shinku needs to bear with her many things,
including the happy days she had. Well, I guess this means that the mass-ressurection ending is almost impossible...

Also, he said he's going to conclude Rozen [Maiden] during this time around.
Too bad, to those who wished a 3rd season. I will enjoy myself by switching to the original (manga).

to bad *crys*
i who wanted a season 3 =)
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 17:03   Link #204
Sirmackerel

Kill-em-all endings are good in my book. If that bit from 4chan is legit, then I'm happy with it.
Sirmackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 18:59   Link #205
DanielSong39

When is Jun going to get together with Tomoe?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 20:04   Link #206
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
When is Jun going to get together with Tomoe?
As far as I can tell watching this. Ain't gonna happen anytime in the anime, too little too late.

Manga on the otherhand, maybe.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 20:41   Link #207
kitsura
King of Brave

No 3rd season despite its immense popularity? That's a shame.
kitsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 20:44   Link #208
Calca
Expressionless

Money will change any mind. Believe me. Even if they have to go with a different director.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 20:46   Link #209
Kuro

I really hope the mediums play a bigger role in the upcoming episode. Just feels like the most climatic (and smart) thing to do. Of course, a plot that sets it up would be manditory, too.

Edit ~ Is there any chance the last episode could be one of the hour long specials? I really don't think the usual 20-30 min will do it justice.

Last edited by Kuro; 2006-01-23 at 21:51.
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 00:13   Link #210
Swann

I still think it’s inevitable that we see a reunion, albeit a rushed one, in this last episode. Rozen Maiden just isn’t the kill all type of show. I could be wrong of course but most anime, most all good anime, follow through in the general direction they were heading – in this case, like season one, a happy ending.

For instance, Mia Hime went dark before the midpoint so it was the happy nonsense ending that felt wrong. For instance, Mahoromatic was cheery and fun throughout so it was the My-God-This-Is-Depressing last episode which was out of place. I consider both cases as examples of poorly thought out endings which diminished the enjoyment of their show. On the other hand, Maho Sensei Negima received much the similar talk when Asuna (was that her name?) died, with a nail in the coffin no less, but the series ended in a fitting way.

The more I think about, if there isn’t a revival of all characters, not only would I be very surprised but more than a little disappointed. Unless it’s a very creative ending, like Shinku not winning; I’ll give points for that. Maybe Gin will win and turn Megu into an Alice doll. The two of them could cheerily sing the end song from within the broken down church.

As for no 3rd season, the whole 2 season Alice plotline will end this week but for the right money they can think of another.
Swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 00:34   Link #211
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

My only complain for the eleventh episode was the use of rock guitar soundtrack played during the first half of the fight at the Rose Garden. It just doesn't fit with the Gothic theme of the Rozen Maidens and isn't suitable for the dolls.

I will have chosen a operatic drama score instead.

Another climax episode that packs an emotional punch.

My tears flowed out witnessing Kanaria's sorrow, angst, and resolution to protect Sui-seki's Rosa Mystica and pleading Bara-suishou to stop, yet coldly she stabbed Kana-chan in the heart or so seemed to me.

I have high hopes that the twelfth episode won't be the last one, opening the chances for a thirteenth one.
The preview glances that not everything will be resolved, because it'll deal mostly Shinku against Bara-suishou showing her psychotic grin.

And did everyone get goosebumps when Bara-suishou hissed like a wild cat when giving Kana-chan the coup de grace?

That chilled my spine!
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 09:21   Link #212
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I suddenly have a wild theory....Sorry if this has been talked about...
-The last surviving doll is said to become Alice, the perfect girl.
-Suppose Shinku is the last surviving doll somehow and is deemed to be flawless, she becomes Alice...With one more effect: She forgets everything and everyone close to her, and wakes up in the future after a long sleep, all alone with Father...
Or
-She wakes up after being promised to become Alice, but as the perfect Alice 'doll' with a road ahead of her to be stepped upon onto becoming the real Alice.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 09:51   Link #213
Zafo
Then up comes Zafo.

A "reset" ending became more and more likly with every maiden that got "killed." Souseiseki's and Hina Ichigo's death could have been left as a bittersweet ending, but once Suiseiseki and Canaria were killed, it was a certainty.

But it's also plausible. They're dolls. Thier Roza Mystica is like the Spark in transformers. The bodies are interchangible. And it was clear when Barasuishou took Canaria's Roza Mystica, it was still seperate from Suiseiseki's. Since the Mystica are all seperate, they can be reinstated.

I'm pretty sure that the ending will be Jun convincing Rozen to cancel or alter the Alice Game. Barasuishou would stop fighting immidiatly, sicne she seems motivated my pure loyalty to him, but Suigintou I think is a little battle hungry, and would continue to fight. Though if shamed by her "father," she'd probably stop.
Zafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 10:10   Link #214
ayyo

I don't think Suigintou is really battle hungry despite her appearance in the fights, she just wants to save Megu.

Last edited by ayyo; 2006-01-24 at 15:28.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 12:48   Link #215
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafo
A "reset" ending became more and more likly with every maiden that got "killed." Souseiseki's and Hina Ichigo's death could have been left as a bittersweet ending, but once Suiseiseki and Canaria were killed, it was a certainty.
There will be only one survivor. But what is it good for? Just an anime-form of the original sin: to become perfect, you have to commit the crime of killing the others?

Quote:
But it's also plausible. They're dolls. Thier Roza Mystica is like the Spark in transformers. The bodies are interchangible. And it was clear when Barasuishou took Canaria's Roza Mystica, it was still seperate from Suiseiseki's. Since the Mystica are all seperate, they can be reinstated.
A perpetual Big Bang. ROFL.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that the ending will be Jun convincing Rozen to cancel or alter the Alice Game. Barasuishou would stop fighting immidiatly, sicne she seems motivated my pure loyalty to him, but Suigintou I think is a little battle hungry, and would continue to fight. Though if shamed by her "father," she'd probably stop.
Again: what should that be good for? To make us spectators a little bit less uncomfortable?

I go back to my theory that dolls are different from humans, because they can seek for perfection (Shinku to Jun in Rozen Maiden, season 1, ep 12). Therefore it is impossible for a doll to become the perfect girl. There will never be an end of the Alice Game, because the Alice Game is an absurdity, a contradiction in itself.

The only really interesting thing is the interaction between at least three types of beings: humans (Jun, Nori, Tomoe, ..), dolls (Rozen Maiden, the clown from season 1, ...), unclassified beings (Laplace, Enju/Rozen).

Greetz, Gonzo
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 14:27   Link #216
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo
There will be only one survivor. But what is it good for? Just an anime-form of the original sin: to become perfect, you have to commit the crime of killing the others?
It's technically not killing them more than merging with them. IMO, at least.
Old 2006-01-24, 15:39   Link #217
Mangaka-chan

As much as I like all the dolls I really don't want a ressurection ending because to me because of the "love can do anything" cliche. As romantic and hopeful as that theme may be it's way too shoujo-esque for me and I hope RMT will end with something sad but poignant (although I have no idea what that would be ).
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 15:41   Link #218
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
If you look at the preview Barasuishou goes down next.
Old 2006-01-24, 15:41   Link #219
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

What ends, will end - at least in anime form.

Both seasons of Rozen Maiden have far exceeded my expectations, which I agree that the original manga by Peach-Pit and the anime version both have great strong points.

So should traumend end, I will be happy how it will take.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 16:07   Link #220
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
It's technically not killing them more than merging with them. IMO, at least.
Sorry, IMHO, it's not merging, but consuming. The act of taking over the other's Mystica is totally unsymmetrical. Has Shinku gained any property of Hina Ichigo? Her childishness, e.g.? Mystica lends only power/energy ...
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural