AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-15, 14:29   Link #21
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
They usually take leadership positions and not grunt roles, pretty much like what happens within Yakuza.
Most of the missions in an usual GTA are works that are usually done by the lowest tier in criminal organizations and require a lot of brawn and stamina. Not to mention the fact that you have the option to beat up any person that roams around in the city, or the fact that stealing cars often involves forcibly pulling out people from them.

That's not something that you can realistically do without the proper "physique du role", if you know what I mean.

Of course there are women that are particularly bulky and strong, but I doub't that's what you, or anyone else wants.

What you want is probably a stunning beauty, perhaps with some great skills in marksmanship and with melee weapons, but that would entail some changes in the way the controllable character "solves" certain problems, in order to look realistic enough, as opposed to the frequent display of brute force that we are used to.

It might also be Rockstar decision to avoid portraying particularly violent women, for the same reason they banned kids entirely.
I feel like if they're going with 3 different characters, the play styles should be slightly different too. Each character should have their own strengths and weaknesses so there's optimal ways of tackling different missions by using each character's strengths to their fullest.

The reason they don't have kids is the same reason why you can't kill kids in Skyrim (not default anyways). Huge media ****storm if you could go around and kill kids. However, rather than having invincible kids running around the streets when you could kill everything else, they just decided to remove them altogether. They have no trouble portraying extreme violence against women, so there shouldn't be any trouble with portraying women dishing out extreme violence. Nobody will bat an eye at a femme fatale.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 20:29   Link #22
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Well, there's Saint Row 2 and 3 if you want to play a female protag. Even better, you can completely customize from her personality to physical appareance.

But I get what you meant.
Old 2013-04-02, 11:51   Link #23
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 17:26   Link #24
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Will wait for the game of the year edition.
Old 2013-04-02, 22:03   Link #25
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I guess we'll have to wait 'till GTAVI for the possibility of having a female protagonist (not that I think we'll get one). With three protagonists this time around, woulda been nice for one female perspective.

The idea that gamers want to play men is so obviously not true (assuming the female character isn't butt ugly, which is a whole other issue). There's a reason why most mods for Skyrim deal with female beauty, and female characters are so rampant in MMOs.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 11:35   Link #26
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
YouTube

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 10:27   Link #27
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

YOOO, FINALLY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI
Old 2013-07-09, 11:10   Link #28
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Saint's Row just shat its self, while 4 is going to be a expansion, GTA5 is going to be a gigantic step foward.
Old 2013-07-09, 14:02   Link #29
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube

Nice.
Old 2013-07-09, 14:05   Link #30
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You know, I actually interest in anything other than gun shooting from that trailer . Love the environment, honestly.
Old 2013-07-09, 20:48   Link #31
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

8 gig mandatory installation

YouTube
Old 2013-07-10, 00:01   Link #32
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

While that's no problem for my PS3, my measly 20GB 360 won't be able to store something big! Specially if it's mandatory.

I might really consider getting PS3 just because of this.
Old 2013-07-10, 07:08   Link #33
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Yeah, that install just solidified my decision to get it on ps3 lol. And that gameplay was using the ps3, so it doesn't seem to run that bad.

also:

Spoiler:

rofl!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 18:19   Link #34
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I wonder how much money you can get after a successful bank heists or kidnapping? And you guys split it up to 3. I won't be surprise if the ending you need to take out the 2 other guys you're playing as a teammate .
Old 2013-07-25, 19:18   Link #35
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I've seen the gameplay trailer and I can't wait play this game, even I never play any GTA games before. Maybe I don't like the idea of robbers and thieves as heroes(or in this case anti-heroes). After spending many hours on Skyrim, I can change that views. From what I heard I can explore every inch of Los Santos right after I start the game, pretty much like Skyrim.

Another thing I going to love is I can buy some real estates. In Skyrim the main purpose to buy real estates is to unlock more NPCs, which called as "housecarl" in that game. I wish real estates in GTA V will give us more than just a house, maybe some NPCs which can assist you in some missions.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 22:07   Link #36
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Saint's Row just shat its self, while 4 is going to be a expansion, GTA5 is going to be a gigantic step foward.
I can't in good conscience dispute this point. Yes, SR3 is fun to jump into when you want to blow off some steam for a bit, but some rather odd decisions were made in development which could be argued to be steps back from its prequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
From what I heard I can explore every inch of Los Santos right after I start the game, pretty much like Skyrim.
That fact that you couldn't annoyed me about previous iterations in the series.

Quote:
Another thing I going to love is I can buy some real estates. In Skyrim the main purpose to buy real estates is to unlock more NPCs, which called as "housecarl" in that game. I wish real estates in GTA V will give us more than just a house, maybe some NPCs which can assist you in some missions.
From what I've seen, you can have NPCs assist with the preparation for some missions (hypothetical example: having a computer expert probe the target building's network for useful vulnerabilities), but I'm not sure about the boots-on-the-ground sort (something San Andreas and Saints Row do provide).

Sort of related: I cannot help but wonder if this go-around will bring back the idea of certain outfits having gameplay benefits (i.e. police uniform letting you wander the non-public areas of precincts so long as you don't cause trouble) - something which was present in Vice City, but oddly absent since.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 08:38   Link #37
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube

I love the Elders reaction.
Old 2013-08-10, 09:38   Link #38
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Especially when they talk about how the game doesn't cause shit.
Old 2013-08-10, 18:31   Link #39
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yep. Glad there are some elders there that knows fiction from non-fiction.
I also like what the retired cop said, a criminal's life is always miserable as seen in GTAV they all are. It's pretty much gives us a lesson in life too.
Old 2013-08-10, 18:41   Link #40
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

the evil old lady thing made me crack up.