Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-16, 18:49   Link #21
Evanescent Dreamer
Different and proud of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
The ruined the character of Pirate King Roger and Smoker. Both badass guys like them- drinking Power-juice?
I think people could go on for days at how Bad 4kids is. They just aren't worth it.
Just pray they get ruined-they deserve it.
Btw- anyone that has seen dub Crocodile- does he still have his Cigars or did he get the Smoker treatment?

Crocodile looses the cigars but has no smoke coming from his mouth.
Old 2006-03-18, 22:25   Link #22
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanescent Dreamer
yah, the english version cut out 30%!!!!! of the WHOLE SERIES!!!!!! Most the episodes cut were crucial to the development of the series. I agree. THEY MUST BE STOPPED! AND IM GONNA FIND OUT HOW!(........and more than likely be doing this all alone but hey....i dont mind......)
I agree as well. They also messed up this anime and Sonic X as well (smacks fist). I mean, why don' they stop, due to them having their profits drop. It's like nobody's gonna by their "westernized" products. Everybody now is mostly leaning towards Naruto or Bleach. Heck, they'd rather watch some movies in the theatre or other shows on TV rather than watch these ruined shows.
Old 2006-03-19, 22:03   Link #23
shikamarufoo

After watching One Piece on Cartoon Network I decided to find a subbed version...I never realized that One Piece in Japan is 100x better then all this edited stuff...I wish there was something we could do to make them edit out less?
Old 2006-03-19, 22:11   Link #24
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Besides making sure you either don't have a peoplemeter or don't watch the dub at all, not much.
Old 2006-03-19, 23:45   Link #25
ケネス

Don't watch 4kids one piece for starters. That's how you can help. Don't watch it to say how bad it is either.
Old 2006-03-20, 01:00   Link #26
ZeRoGravity

Indeed one piece voices are terrible coming from someone that only watched a little bit of the tv version. Yes, a little bit because the voices were that bad, it is as bad as ccs dub. Anyways i don't really care much about 4kids, still slowly but surely they will disappear.
Old 2006-03-31, 12:55   Link #27
PigLig

maybe vesten countries arent used to cartoon violence as well as asian countries do.
Old 2006-03-31, 14:08   Link #28
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigLig
maybe vesten countries arent used to cartoon violence as well as asian countries do.

America primarly is controlled by fundamentalist christians who, ignorant of the fact that kids see more violence on the 5 o'clock news than in any cartoon, believe children should be shielded from violence or else it could make them EVIL [ of course, this totally ignores the horrors humanity persued before motion pictures were even invented.. ], and that all cartoons [ and anime, which is just cartoons to them ] are for children, and that the hethan non-god worshiping devils from across the ocean are trying to corrupt our innocent god fearing youth with their vile evil that shows *gasp* violence and has the occasional hint of homosexuality, GOD FORBID THOSE TWO WOMEN OR GUYS TO HOLD HANDS UNLESS THEY ARE FAMILY!

Viz and 4kids is the epitome of everything I just stated above.

Last edited by Komataguri; 2006-03-31 at 16:25.
Old 2006-03-31, 14:47   Link #29
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Its not only that but also a nation of half ass parents who looks for things to blame when their kids start doing the wrong things and whatnot. It's nothing new, entertainment medias have been taking the heat for poor parenting and for parents who just wants to believe that thier kids can do no wrong by themselves.
Old 2006-03-31, 14:50   Link #30
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
America primarly is controlled by fundamentalist christians who, ignorant of the fact that kids see more violence on the 5 o'clock news than in any cartoon, believe children should be shielded from violence or else it could make them EVIL [ of course, this totally ignores the horrors humanity persued before motion pictures were even invented.. ], and that all cartoons [ and anime, which is just cartoons to them ] are for children, and that the hethan non-god worshiping devils from across the ocean are trying to corrupt our innocent god fearing youth with their vile evil that shows *gasp* violence and has the occasional hint of homosexuality, GOD FORBID THOSE TWO WOMEN OR GUYS TO HOLD HANDS UNLESS THEY ARE FAMILY

Viz is the epitome of everything I just stated above.
That's the stupidest thing I've read on this forum in a long time. Wow, talk about of touch with reality and in one's own little brainwashed world.
Old 2006-03-31, 15:16   Link #31
PigLig

I think that if america starts to make anime(cartoons) like OP, naruto, bleach or FMA they are gonna get sued by over-worrid parents.

and beside the only experience they have in making violence cartoons are for people over 18, like Heave Metal 2000 (great movie by the way)
Old 2006-03-31, 15:18   Link #32
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
America primarly is controlled by fundamentalist christians who, ignorant of the fact that kids see more violence on the 5 o'clock news than in any cartoon, believe children should be shielded from violence or else it could make them EVIL [ of course, this totally ignores the horrors humanity persued before motion pictures were even invented.. ], and that all cartoons [ and anime, which is just cartoons to them ] are for children, and that the hethan non-god worshiping devils from across the ocean are trying to corrupt our innocent god fearing youth with their vile evil that shows *gasp* violence and has the occasional hint of homosexuality, GOD FORBID THOSE TWO WOMEN OR GUYS TO HOLD HANDS UNLESS THEY ARE FAMILY!

Viz is the epitome of everything I just stated above.

Although Christians do like to ruin everything, even going as far as to call Pokemon Satanic and saying it dabbles with the Occult.
How-ever i can't see how you would believe such Non-sense.

They just like to dumb things down, simple as that. OP was dumbed down so little CHildren could watch it. 4kids forum is a prime example of idiots that watch it. There is a big market in Kids stuff.

I only wish 4kids had kept Pokemon and got rid of One Piece and not vice-versa.
Old 2006-03-31, 21:54   Link #33
ragweed
woah woah!

I stopped watching it when the edits stopped being funny and just started being stupid. =/ I didn't also want to be spoiled either because I haven't seen most of the anime.
Old 2006-03-31, 22:23   Link #34
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed
I stopped watching it when the edits stopped being funny and just started being stupid. =/ I didn't also want to be spoiled either because I haven't seen most of the anime.

Didn't they edit a black character in the buggy arc to make him...not black?
Old 2006-04-01, 00:10   Link #35
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yep. But that was far from the worst of the edits, just one of the more pointless ones.
Old 2006-04-01, 02:30   Link #36
Biswa

I am absolutely outraged. Outraged, i tell you. I have sent an angry letter to 4kids for their lack of complete editing to make it absolutely suitable for children.

First off, i still see there are NUMEROUS things in One Piece that needs to be edited. This is cartoon for kids, and by golly, it should be made absolutely suitable for kids. Yet, it was apalling to see that many unsuitable things were still left in One Piece.
First of all, the word "pirate" is still being used? That is a dangerous term that i wouldn't want MY kids learning. Something more suitable is something such as Treasure-hunting Sea-person.
And these "pirates" are using swords? Those are dangerous things that could poke someone's eye out! They should definitely be replaced with something much softer and less pointier.
There are also numerous other things that should be have completely cut out, but weren't. This include fires, knives, hammers, and stubles. Kids should not be exposed to people with 5 o' clock shadows! Kids should learn to grow up and shave their face properly, unlike some of those unkempt treasure-hunting seapeople.
Let's not forget the inherent atrocity of title itself. They had chosen to leave the title as "One Piece," which can clearly also mean a one piece bathing suit. How absolutely vulgar!

For all these atrocities committed... *signs the petition*
Old 2006-04-01, 02:39   Link #37
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Please help someone who does not watch that atrocity. What do you mean? They changed one of Buggy's crew to make him black or did they add an entirely new character?

And why does this make someone not black? Who does it make not black?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-04-01, 03:11   Link #38
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I could find a screenshot for you....they just recolored a character's skin to make him lighter. He just happens to look like one of those old stereotypical black caricatures.
Old 2006-04-01, 04:30   Link #39
PigLig

Quote:
Does this mean that they are gonna make Aokiji white??
Old 2006-04-01, 06:23   Link #40
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Here is a link to the Picture:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ePieceedit.jpg

The edit of the black character to be lighter skinned.
Closed Thread