AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-04, 16:48   Link #581
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
how does the ranking system work for Espers, i know it goes from level 0-5, but like how do you level up, since Touma is only a 0, how would he get to level 5 like Biribiri, i'm assuming getting to level 5 is crazy hard since theres only 7 in Academic City, but how is it determined since Touma just started and he's in high school, while Biribiri is in middle school
Touma is more of an exception than anything, becuase his powers don't work on principles understood by science. Or agic for thet matter.

But on to the main question.

Level 0's are those that don't have an ability.

Level 1's and onward have an abilty. Level is determined by control and power.

For example, Kuroko can teleport an 80Kg object almost 100 meters away, but at that distance her accuracy isn't that great.

In contrast, Awaki can teleport a 4500 Kg object by a much greater distance, and she is still considered a Level 4, though one who has (or had at least), the ability to go to Level 5.

THe greater you can control your personal reality, the higher your Level can go.

The exact process is fuzzy, but apparently hard work can do wonders. (Or so they say)

Esper development starts when you arrive, mor or less. Well,I'm sure age plays a factor.

Both Touma and Misaka have been in AC since they were as young as 6 or 7. Touma is just older.

System scans take place to determine mastery, and those determine ranking.
Old 2010-12-04, 17:51   Link #582
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
how does the ranking system work for Espers, i know it goes from level 0-5, but like how do you level up, since Touma is only a 0, how would he get to level 5 like Biribiri, i'm assuming getting to level 5 is crazy hard since theres only 7 in Academic City, but how is it determined since Touma just started and he's in high school, while Biribiri is in middle school

They judge different powers differently. For those Elemental abilities it's a matter of how much power can you put out, how well you can control them, and what can you do with it. For teleporters like Kuroko, we see that they're judge on weight, accuracy and distance.

There's supposedly a ranking system but the gist is that at Level 3, your abilities is strong, at level 4 you have tactical value to the military, Level 5, your powers have the ability to take on armies.

...Yeah I took that last part from the toaru wiki, don't know how accurate it is but I like the description.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:14   Link #583
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

according to here,
Quote:
超能力者(レベル5) 単独で軍隊と戦える程の力
大能力者(レベル4) 軍隊において戦術的価値を得られる程の力
強能力者(レベル3) 日常生活において活用可能で、便利と感じられる力
異能力者(レベル2) 低能力者(レベル1)とほとんど変わらない程度の力
低能力者(レベル1) スプーンを曲げる程度の日常では役に立たない力
無能力者(レベル0) 測定不能や効果の薄い力
Super Power user (Level 5): Enough power to take on a military
Big Power user (Level 4): has military tactical value
Strong Power user (Level 3): can be utilised for everyday life in a convenient manner
Strange Power user (Level 2): almost the same level of power as Level 1
Low Power user (Level 1): only strong enough for spoon bending(to cite an example) and practically useless for everyday stuff.
Powerless Person (Level 0): Undetectable and/or weak powers
Old 2010-12-04, 23:24   Link #584
tsunade666

In that perspective. They are all pretty much useless unless your level 4 or above. And even the level 5 aren't all that great except for Accelerator and the rank 2. No wonder the person standing in the upside down test tube won't use them for his plan. They are there to feed up the artificial heaven and for front sake of the city and nothing more.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:28   Link #585
Miraluka
Banned

And research material, don't forget they're very good guinea pigs for new material in Academy City.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:30   Link #586
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
In that perspective. They are all pretty much useless unless your level 4 or above. And even the level 5 aren't all that great except for Accelerator and the rank 2. No wonder the person standing in the upside down test tube won't use them for his plan. They are there to feed up the artificial heaven and for front sake of the city and nothing more.

You really seem to forget that part where Misaka summoned the giant avalanche of Iron sand and Lightning to destroy the military base right?

Anyway if Esper were mostly trained as soldiers, did you think that parents would send their kids to the city? Hence it's not a politically smart move to use large numbers of students as weapons.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:39   Link #587
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well levels 0 are really special, touma migth be lvl 0 for obvious reasons, tsuchi is clearly not lvl 0, aogami is someone that touma V.1 thougth as someone strong along mikoto, and if we go with kamijou(god above) then maybe saten(help heaven) migth turn out as something special.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:42   Link #588
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You really seem to forget that part where Misaka summoned the giant avalanche of Iron sand and Lightning to destroy the military base right?

Anyway if Esper were mostly trained as soldiers, did you think that parents would send their kids to the city? Hence it's not a politically smart move to use large numbers of students as weapons.
But still she didn't killed, and for military use, she isn't no worth it.
A soldier and a mercenary, both don't need to hesitate when it comes to kill, while Mikoto and many others do, they're normal people with powers.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:55   Link #589
tsunade666

accelerator is the only one who had value. And the other person who has value are turn into piece of meat and stuff into refrigerator.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:57   Link #590
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
But still she didn't killed, and for military use, she isn't no worth it.
A soldier and a mercenary, both don't need to hesitate when it comes to kill, while Mikoto and many others do, they're normal people with powers.
Yeah, if wars were only won by the side that killed the most...

With Mikoto you can completely wipe out the enemy's weapons, communications, and supply before they can even fight. You will crush their morale and make them unwilling to fight because the battle was already lost.

Even better if you can show that you don't even need to kill to win.
Old 2010-12-05, 00:20   Link #591
Miraluka
Banned

Its not a matter of who kills the most but a matter of how big is you supremacy in most of the aspects from the militar affairs.

Russians have lost their leader (Nicolai) already so they can only take their own decistions, most of their forces where wiped out by Academy City and then were send to the oblivion by Gabriel.

Weapons vs Powers, the formers has no experience against powers when the latter has.

A partial victory will be the result at the end, just look at those soldiers who were injured,l as long they are alive, they are still willing to fight back.

Think again, mind Aqua's words, isn't a game nor gambling is a war where the tragedies happens.
Old 2010-12-05, 01:16   Link #592
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm talking about from Aleisters perspective which he doesn't value much the others. Others to him are just pawns and to him Mikoto is just your another level 5. unless Aleister is planning to use her as a back up plan for the network
Old 2010-12-05, 12:37   Link #593
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well levels 0 are really special, touma migth be lvl 0 for obvious reasons, tsuchi is clearly not lvl 0, aogami is someone that touma V.1 thougth as someone strong along mikoto, and if we go with kamijou(god above) then maybe saten(help heaven) migth turn out as something special.
Touma and Tsuchimikado are classified as Level 0's because their powers are passive and cannot be measured properly. It was never stated if Aogami was a Level 0 or not. For all we know he may be the sixth Level 5 who hid himself in order to stop people from attacking him or something.

Saten is stated to have no powers at all. Poor girl.
Old 2010-12-05, 14:27   Link #594
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Touma is more of an exception than anything, becuase his powers don't work on principles understood by science. Or agic for thet matter.

Both Touma and Misaka have been in AC since they were as young as 6 or 7. Touma is just older.
Really
Old 2010-12-05, 15:37   Link #595
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Really
Wait,do you mean my first comment or second?

Meh;

IB can't be understood with Science: Hyoka

IB can't be understood with Magic: Index

Second comment: Aparently Touma moved to AC just after kindergarten. At least, that is what the Angel Fall Wikia entry mentions. I'm pretty sure it was flere who did that, but I might be wrong.

Kindergarten is what, 5? I'm not sure.

Misaka is a guess. In her flashbacks when giving her DNA map, she looked to be about 5 or 6, and she seems to have had her powers then; meaning she was in AC by that point.
Old 2010-12-05, 17:58   Link #596
tsunade666

Misaka's father is one of the backbone or rather one of the influential person in academy city so it's not weird for Mikoto to go to academy city.
Old 2010-12-05, 18:25   Link #597
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Saten is stated to have no powers at all. Poor girl.
that makes her a better candidate for beign a magician, or maybe some holy shenenigan.
Old 2010-12-05, 19:16   Link #598
tsunade666

Saten can't become a magician because she entered the academy city. She's considered an esper. A level 0 esper.
Old 2010-12-05, 19:17   Link #599
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Don't worry Saten, I still love you.
Old 2010-12-05, 19:21   Link #600
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It depends.
Capacity Down not working on her is not enough to prove that she can become a magician.

Apparently, Capacity Down only works on Levels 1 to 5, with major crippling power-wise for Level 5s but no complete disabling.
However, Level 0s can either have: an ability undetectable by System Scan; or no abilities as of the moment.

Even if Saten is considered to be completely powerless, she already has undergone the Power Development Program, meaning that her brain is already configured to be an esper's, thus magic will be a one-hit kill poison for her.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a