AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 21:24   Link #381
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

The fiends! How dare they!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 06:57   Link #382
GrimJack

Chapter 33 out

Teiichi and Kirie talk to Yukariko
Old 2012-06-10, 08:41   Link #383
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well...now we have a time limit. So far the series as been pretty relaxed when it came to time (we have no idea how much time has passed since the start I believe) but now there's that sense that if they don't move quickly then things will take a turn for the worst.

Also...was it me or was Shadow Yuuko crying in the last panel?
Old 2012-06-10, 09:13   Link #384
Shadow5YA

At last there is some ending in sight.

How is the mystery of Akahito-san related to Yuuko? I thought it was completely fabricated by the blonde Yuuko.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 09:48   Link #385
GrimJack

the origin of the Akahito mystery (and how it is connected to Yuuko) is explained on page 23 chapter 21 blonde Yuuko just took the legend and used it

I guess from the date on the painting (1953) Yukariko must gave painted it while a student soon after Yuuko's death

I was so proud of Kirie talking back to her Grandma
Old 2012-06-10, 10:22   Link #386
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Excellent chapter. I suppose this is the final or second to final arc of the series? I was expecting this to go on longer chronologically in the series, like when Teiichi is in high school. Well, we'll see what happens. I'm sure it'll be great no matter what.

And LOL at Yuuko scaring Momoe with the computer.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:27   Link #387
GrimJack

I missed that the Paranormal Investigations club moved in with the newspaper club, quite obvious though since Momoe is the President of the Newspaper club now
Old 2012-06-10, 11:01   Link #388
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I remembered that there was someone asking of what kind of authority does Kirie's grandma have to demolish a building at her own merits. I think this chapter pretty well answered what kind of authority she has. Also, I never thought she was the director. Was it mentioned long before prior to this chapter? I can't recall anything if there was.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 11:14   Link #389
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
I remembered that there was someone asking of what kind of authority does Kirie's grandma have to demolish a building at her own merits. I think this chapter pretty well answered what kind of authority she has. Also, I never thought she was the director. Was it mentioned long before prior to this chapter? I can't recall anything if there was.
I think it was mentioned before, mostly because I already knew it, but I don't remember when.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:34   Link #390
yuzen003

So going by chapter 21, "And in the end, having no choice but to offer up the most important thing of all...", and chapter 33, the Kanoe family owns the land and Yuuko's father built the school, I guess Yuuko's father considered Yuuko the most important thing of all. Depending on how Yukariko took that she may have a lot of antipathy towards her sister, it might explain the whole she can only see shadow Yuuko if she can't perceive her sister in a good light. Sibling rivalry with someone you can never surpass because they're dead.

Teiichi showed some determination going directly to Yukariko, even if it was ultimately useless. I was afraid he'd waste time avoiding the issue.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 12:55   Link #391
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

While this does scream "final arc" there's a part of me that wants it to continue, maybe get a little timeskip so we get an older Teiichi. Then again I don't want the story to be stretched making it lose quality...

Also everyone keep in mind that Maybe himself said that the anime ending has nothing to do with the manga ending.
Old 2012-06-10, 15:04   Link #392
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
I think this chapter pretty well answered what kind of authority she has. Also, I never thought she was the director. Was it mentioned long before prior to this chapter?
I think that when they do a "summer camp" in the school, Kirie pointed out that whenever she asks something to her grandma, it happens. That's the first hint that she had a high position, but her actual position was stated much later. I knew that she was the board master or something before this, I just can't remember where I read it

Also, I'm almost completely sure that I read within the notes of volume 1 that the old school building was scheduled to be demolished, in fact I remember that when I read that I thought "how come they add a detail like that, when it never becomes relevant later"..... So it's not like it was decided over night. The thing is, I haven't been able to find where I read that note, I remember that it was in the extra pages were the composition of the school was explained.
Old 2012-06-11, 20:36   Link #393
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
While this does scream "final arc" there's a part of me that wants it to continue, maybe get a little timeskip so we get an older Teiichi. Then again I don't want the story to be stretched making it lose quality...
A time skip would be more like an epilogue than anything else. If we see an older Teiichi, Yuuko would have probably resolved her amnesia issues and passed on to the after life/reincarnation cycle. Teiichi would reminisce his memory the lovely ghost girl he fell in love with. If the manga were to continue after the main storyline ends then it may turn out to be a bunch of "filler chapters" which we see every so often.

Quote:
Also everyone keep in mind that Maybe himself said that the anime ending has nothing to do with the manga ending.
The anime's end might be based on Maybe's notes like what happened with the first FMA anime since the manga had not yet concluded when it aired. I won't be surprised though if the manga's end will have some similarities.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 03:50   Link #394
Kyouka
Is Here

33 is out 34 should be out shorty as well
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 04:23   Link #395
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
A time skip would be more like an epilogue than anything else. If we see an older Teiichi, Yuuko would have probably resolved her amnesia issues and passed on to the after life/reincarnation cycle. Teiichi would reminisce his memory the lovely ghost girl he fell in love with. If the manga were to continue after the main storyline ends then it may turn out to be a bunch of "filler chapters" which we see every so often.
By timeskip I meant a timeskip with Yuuko as well, she'll remain 15 as ghosts don't age and he'll get a timeskip to the same age
But don't mind me on this, it's just the fanboy side of me that sometimes escapes and starts crying that the series he loves is almost over. The logical side that understands that an actually ending is much better than stretching out a good story will promptly secure the fanboy and lock him up once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
The anime's end might be based on Maybe's notes like what happened with the first FMA anime since the manga had not yet concluded when it aired. I won't be surprised though if the manga's end will have some similarities.
If Maybe went out of his way to tell us that then my guess is that while there may be some similarities (which are impossible to escape by now) the ending itself might be very different.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:17   Link #396
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Also...was it me or was Shadow Yuuko crying in the last panel?
Looked that way to me too...At what though, at the sister or at the old building being torn down?
Old 2012-06-12, 16:26   Link #397
Franckie

The ending will probably be bittersweet. Yuuko did die in a rather gruesome fashion after all. I imagine Yuuko will pass on, but somewhere in the distant future the two meet again, albeit under different identities via reincarnation. Anyway, this is definately endgame material we're dealing with. The manga could very well end within the next year at the rate we're going.

The latest chapter looks like Shadow Yuuko is crying/experiencing some type of heartache. The shadow is Yuuto's darker-self, but still Yuuko. Their shared love for Teiichi will probably be the key needed for Yuuko to become whole once again.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 16:42   Link #398
Soji

So we finally in the last arc or at least this seem to be the case. I'm really curios to see how this will end. The only thing i can hope is some kind of happy ending for the 2. Even if they have to wait the next reincarnation like Franckie said.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 16:44   Link #399
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
I imagine Yuuko will pass on, but somewhere in the distant future the two meet again, albeit under different identities via reincarnation.
Have we been watching Angel Beats?
Old 2012-06-12, 16:53   Link #400
Soji

Quote:
Have we been watching Angel Beats?
A this point I hope for Yuuko and Teiichi a ending like that.
Because I have to admit I really like that ending( i mean that part).
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural