AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-29, 17:04   Link #221
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

I think it’s best to keep what you want separate from what you expect. Despite however Deathkillz may envisage previous posts, I and Keroko managed that for the most part. And also go easy on the derogatory labeling, it’ll only lead things downhill.

This post and indeed this news have made me feel a little hollow. People all have desires, and when you place those with conflicting wants within a forum things inevitably get ugly. I preferred it when everyone kept their darker opinions largely to themselves and enjoyed the FF/OC threads, for what they were.

I’ve gone ahead and had a rant. I won’t deny it. I came here for the yuri, and I’ll fight tooth and nail to preserve my visions and perceptions. We all would protect our thoughts, for we are all human. Just, please, take things easy.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 00:28   Link #222
Yurichan

Send a message via MSN to Yurichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post
As much as it pains me to say this: I hope not, and I'm as pro-yuri as you can get and a Nanofate fan. I'm not alone in this, but I got sucked into Nanoha by a fast-paced story and the Pink Doom Beams of Befriending. The Yuri subtext was a bonus. Big one, yes, yet still a bonus. I would be very disappointed if the movie was a relationship movie in the same way I would be disappointed if the TTGL movie focused on Nina and Simon.
MGLN is an action show first and delicious subtext second. In the words of my Nanoha pusher, the show is "Sailor Moon done right."
I am not saying there won't be any action at all. Or at least that wasn't my implication. It's impossible to overlook that. Sure there will be beter special effects. But the attention won't be on fighting. There is allready enough fighting in all the 3 seasons for all the gundam mecha fans. Besides there is the new device change overs for semi mecha/action fans like you.

Nanoha and Fate are simply the only two major characters in that season and besides they are couple. It will be Nanoha who saves Fate after SLBing her and the bridge scene. And possibly more scenes. I wonder how they will picture Nanoha's first love when she meets Fate. I am sure that will be ehanced too. In other words the most important scenes of that season.The reason the devices have changed seems to be, to keeping it interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk_ View Post
You know, there's some clear contradiction in saying that the movie will be Nanoha and Fate centric and not about fighting . Their relationship during the majority of the first season is purely fighting. Unless they completely rewrite the story it's basically impossible to avoid having the two blow the crap out of each other.
What's the point in making an remake of the first season only because of the fighting?? To me that was allready great enough in the current season. So now there are going to be bigger explosions?, other moves? Nanoha is not a dragonball.
Yurichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 03:27   Link #223
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

You are projecting way too much your believes, you may be disapointed.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 04:15   Link #224
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/095/95559/
News from Dengeki but well, can regroup
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 04:24   Link #225
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

If we want to know what the movie is going to be about, we have to concider why so many peope love the Nanoha series. Romance? Girls in cute outfits? No, what people love about Nanoha is a bit more simple then that. Remember what the biggest complaint about StrikerS was? Sure, now we know that the plot is not the greatest, and focus is not soley former main characters, but even long before we knew the plot was rickety, and long before we realized that the focus would be divided between the new aditions, the biggest complaints was, plain and simply, the lack of mage battles. Oh sure, the drones were great to allow our heroines to show off their abillities, but the fights were... apathetic. They lacked the tension, the excitement, the emotion of the battles in the former seasons.

What many people love about Nanoha is the awesome mage battles. The romance and girls in cute outfits are a nice bonus.

Realizing this, its obvious what is going to be central in the movie.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 05:39   Link #226
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
Animation: 7Arcs

There you go I.G rumor.
Well, I don't even know how such a rumor has ever started to begin with, since if that was really the case, I'm sure 2ch threads would mention about that once or twice.
The article also says that the movie will NOT use any pre-produced animation scenes from TV 1st and will draw everything from scratch.

I'm still waiting for Megami to hit my town, which should be tomorrow, to start on Tsuduki's interviews.
However, several kind souls put up summeries on 2ch and it's something like;
  • Battle and action scenes are changed significantly from TV; Reason and outcome of fights will be the same, but place and how they fight will be quite different.
  • From the stage of writing base scenario, he's focusing on speedy-and-exciting visuals expected for a movie; especially he wants to show what a "Fight of aerial mages" should be, opposed to "Stop in mid-air, fire, fire back, repeat" of TV series.
  • They won't go anymore deeper about TSAB than it was in TV 1st. Since 1st is the story about Nanoha and Fate's friendship, movie will focus more on this aspect.
  • After going through 3 seasons, background settings have grown far larger. Their new costumes are designed with these settings up to StS in mind.
Feel free to believe these or not, for I don't have actual book myself yet.
At least these will be some cookies for you, for sure
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 05:46   Link #227
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The second point about aerial fights has me grinning from ear to ear. Concidering Nanoha is not exactly a close ranged mage, that means lots of awesome material for me to work with.
Old 2008-07-30, 05:49   Link #228
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Certainly has MACROSS plastered all over it too.
Old 2008-07-30, 06:16   Link #229
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post

There you go I.G rumor.
Well, I don't even know how such a rumor has ever started to begin with, since if that was really the case, I'm sure 2ch threads would mention about that once or twice.
The article also says that the movie will NOT use any pre-produced animation scenes from TV 1st and will draw everything from scratch.

I'm still waiting for Megami to hit my town, which should be tomorrow, to start on Tsuduki's interviews.
  • Battle and action scenes are changed significantly from TV; Reason and outcome of fights will be the same, but place and how they fight will be quite different.
  • From the stage of writing base scenario, he's focusing on speedy-and-exciting visuals expected for a movie; especially he wants to show what a "Fight of aerial mages" should be, opposed to "Stop in mid-air, fire, fire back, repeat" of TV series.
  • They won't go anymore deeper about TSAB than it was in TV 1st. Since 1st is the story about Nanoha and Fate's friendship, movie will focus more on this aspect.
  • After going through 3 seasons, background settings have grown far larger. Their new costumes are designed with these settings up to StS in mind.
Ahh... Music to my ears!!!
This is so gonna be some AWESOME reference materials for future mage battles in OCT and FFT alike!!!
If this goes well, I might actually restructure my entire combat scenarios both written and not!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 06:24   Link #230
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the infos Thisguy, that sound promising.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 06:36   Link #231
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:

There you go I.G rumor.

Red: Yes Sir! Awsome air battles! That would rule!

Blue: Eh? Well it's nice and all that they want to make it look more... StSish. But why? Nanoha has absolutly no Idea about TSAB back when she created her BJ.
Old 2008-07-30, 07:01   Link #232
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

They probably wanted a less magical girlish season 1 for people to remember, more a... Nanoha one.
Old 2008-07-30, 07:04   Link #233
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
I’ve gone ahead and had a rant. I won’t deny it. I came here for the yuri, and I’ll fight tooth and nail to preserve my visions and perceptions. We all would protect our thoughts, for we are all human. Just, please, take things easy.
I admit that I haven't read all of the posts so pardon me if I was being too quick to dismiss but I think there should be a line between what you "hope for" and what you "convince youself of" will/might happen. But like I said it was tl;dr for me so I'm not entirely sure which one you guys fall into.
Quote:

There you go I.G rumor.

1) Different locations huh...so it seems like there isn't that much change in the reason of the movie and for the outcome to remains the same it is pretty much predictable blah blah.

2) I am drooling...no more one hit starlight breaker kill?

I expect Fate chan to use scythe form more then

(more drooling).

3) Note the word "Friendship"

Feel free to twist it in whatever way...

4) Epic designs huh? I really don't mind an upgrade on looks as long as the power level is similar to the series (meaning no sudden cartridges popping up).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 07:10   Link #234
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Wouldn't expect it. Raising Heart is clearly lacking her cartridge adition, she just looks more spiffy. On Bardiche it's slightly harder to see, but still I can't see the revolver adition.

Though I can't wait for the cartridges in a next movie.
Old 2008-07-30, 07:20   Link #235
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
3) Note the word "Friendship"
I knew someone would make a reaction for that

Well, that's what summery said.
Whether Tsuduki explicitly phrased it that way in interview, or the "kind soul" made it, I don't know.
Quote:
no more one hit starlight breaker kill?
Still, I'm expecting that the finishing-blow will be SLB.
This is Nanoha, you know
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 07:20   Link #236
aers
*Fansubber

I'm drooling right now.

Unfortunately the only high-res scans I've found are the magazine cover and the pages related to the Sound Stage M3 that came with this Megami; the person who upped the SoundStage included them. :|
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 07:23   Link #237
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
This is Nanoha, you know
As long as the battle leading up to it is awesome, I don't mind. Or rather it'd feel strange if Nanoha didn't finish with Starligt Breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
I'm drooling right now.

Unfortunately the only high-res scans I've found are the magazine cover and the pages related to the Sound Stage M3 that came with this Megami; the person who upped the SoundStage included them. :|
Could you post them in the image thread? There are still quite a few people interested in them.
Old 2008-07-30, 07:32   Link #238
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
I knew someone would make a reaction for that

Well, that's what summery said.
Whether Tsuduki explicitly phrased it that way in interview, or the "kind soul" made it, I don't know.
And I thank the kind soul ^^

Quote:
This is Nanoha, you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
As long as the battle leading up to it is awesome, I don't mind. Or rather it'd feel strange if Nanoha didn't finish with Starligt Breaker.
I suppose...but before getting KO'ed I still hope that Bardiche would slice through RH if Nanoha ever tries to use her "magical girl staff" to block again.

It's the least a scythe can do...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 07:35   Link #239
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I suppose...but before getting KO'ed I still hope that Bardiche would slice through RH if Nanoha ever tries to use her "magical girl staff" to block again.

It's the least a scythe can do...
It's a magical staff. :3
Old 2008-07-30, 09:42   Link #240
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:

There you go I.G rumor.

Ahhhhh, what excellent news. Though part of me is apprehensive about that greater focus on action. Let's hope they can provide blood-rushing fights while telling a good story =3

For myself, I hope that the movie will delve more into Fate's past. Hopefully we can get better look at the reason for her creation, her past before Nanoha (will Linith make it to the big screen? I hope so =3) and personally, a more sympathetic look at Precia. The novel projected a more human her and I hope this could also be through with the movie. Imho, the Testarossas' (Precia, Alicia and Fate) backstory and the interaction between Precia and Fate is very important to the story, as it provides a good reason for Fate's desperate need to succeed in her task.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie