AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-14, 13:02   Link #41
konart

OP made my day & night.
Star Wars ftw!
Old 2010-10-14, 13:22   Link #42
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Wait Funimation licensed this?

They seem to have a predilection for NoitaminA these days.
Back in the spring they announced that they had a contract with the noitaminA channel to simulcast their new shows (so, not exactly licensing) and that's why they've been streaming the new spring and summer shows. But it's true they haven't actually said anything about this and it should be up by now. I've heard some people say that they might be quieter because of the impending sale, I'm giving them another week for news before I hunt down fansubs to try the series out.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 14:02   Link #43
einhorn303

Seriously, I hope Funimation's deal with noitaminA is still in effect. I really want to see Fractale in the winter.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 15:07   Link #44
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I swore to watch the first episode. I did, and well... that was a waste of time. Seriously, this was the most boring thing I've seen all week. (I dropped Shiki, so that doesn't count). I can find not one good thing to say about this show. OK, Hanazawa Kana... I could listen to her voice all day.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 15:47   Link #45
noob3d
馬鹿やろ

Good start to the series...

So far it just seems like a story about strange people living together in a Tokyo apartment.It's funny in a quirky way and much of the appeal comes from the unique personalities of the characters.
Old 2010-10-14, 17:08   Link #46
Tworble

LOVED this! Best new anime so far IMHO. I watched it twice raw and couldn't understand a word of it; how is that for enjoyment?
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 17:26   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
OP made my day & night.
Star Wars ftw!
Is it on youtube yet?
Old 2010-10-14, 17:28   Link #48
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Is it on youtube yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMPBBteiXZc

The OP. Anyway, after watching the first episode, it's just my sort of show. The first half was a bit on the slow side of things, but I was totally sold after watching the second one. It was quite funny, I rather liked the chemistry between our jellyfish girl and.... you know who, and the whole thing was very very cute. Scenes such as the jellyfish almost begging for help while saying "tachukete kudachai" like this were great, haha.
Old 2010-10-14, 17:32   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That OP certainly delivers. I love it. Can't wait to see the first episode of easily one of my most looked forward to shows of the season.
Old 2010-10-14, 18:19   Link #50
Falkor

will post my thoughts later but first episode was great---probably one of the best shows so far in this season. OP song is surprisingly catchy and the animation that goes along is nice as well.

I'm surprised to say this, but I actually liked Kana Hanazawa's voice for the main character. really loved her performance so far for this show, especially towards the end.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 19:42   Link #51
msg

An anime about movies!!...we have action geek , sci-fi geek, drama geek, etc will be watching this one...expect lots of homages and tributes from this series...^
Old 2010-10-15, 03:19   Link #52
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Heh:

Star Wars
Singing in the Rain
Mary Poppins
James Bond
Kill Bill
The Graduate
Close Encounters of the Third Kind

And 2 or 3 I couldn't identify.

Pretty funky intro. Too bad I'm region blocked from Funimation AGAIN.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 07:02   Link #53
CWW
Lurker

Kill Bill? More like Game of Death.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 09:20   Link #54
apr
Pedestrian

This was fantastic. Just wish they'd have tuned the sound mix so I could hear voices over the blaring music, and that my brain could parse multiple voices simultaneously.

!WARNING! DO NOT READ ANYTHING SHOWN IN THE OPENING SEQUENCE DUE TO MASSIVE SPOILERS!
Old 2010-10-15, 13:11   Link #55
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

Watched it on a whim because of Kana Hanazawa. Great surprise! Some really funny moments. The part with Kurara talking had me laughing hard.

The premise is intriguing, although I'm not sure where it's going from here. The cross-dresser will help Tsukimi break out of her shell, become more confident, and become the "hime-sama" she dreams of? Eh... we'll see.
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 13:39   Link #56
Blaat

Woah it's been a while since chatmonchy did an anime OP or ED (I always enjoyed Hataraki Man's ED song Shangri-La)

As for the episode it self I enjoyed it I had to lol at the Heidi moment, quite interested to know how this will play out. And just like with Shiki we have to wait two weeks for the next episode
Old 2010-10-15, 15:31   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I can't even begin to explain how happy i am that Saiga Mitsuki is back voicing another crossdresser. That voice just adds to Kuranosuke's many charms. Oh boy, i'm in love. <3

Great first episode. I'm liking the cast and their obsessions (Jiji is probably my favorite, voiced by Noto Mamiko :3). Can't wait to see where this goes from here, though argh no episode next week.
Old 2010-10-15, 16:36   Link #58
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Wow, I was suprised how much I liked this. Tsukimi is so much like me it's pathetic. Absolutley everything was awesome. I'm definetly sticking with this one.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 23:57   Link #59
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Thanks for posting the OP. I loved Shangri-la but this one, not too much.

Anyway, I'm so looking forward to it! Since I'm region blocked (UAE, here), I'll hunt down fansubs. :3
Old 2010-10-16, 00:45   Link #60
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

What a fascinating first episode. The world of self-imposed fashion disasters in recluse comes crashing down from none other than a beautiful cross dressing man.

I am most impressed with Hanazawa's work, shuffling from introverted recluse to panicky psychosis to jellyfish scholar in a matter of seconds. This might be her best work yet.

Not really comedic personally but I find the setting and the possibilities thereafter to be extremely interesting. I don't even think that Tsukimi's ugly per se, I think she's quite normal. Interestingly, like Sawako in KnT, I think some adjustments in her look and style and she could look very attractive. I guess that's where Koibuchi comes in?

As for the jellyfish itself, it means more than being a simple obsession for Tsukimi, but I'll get to that when I have time to blog this next week.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina, romance