AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-20, 08:30   Link #21
Kakkou
Tch.

More cast announcements: -The Keikain Edition-

Akifusa Keikain: Showtaro Morikubo
Pato Keikain: Asami Sanada
Masatsugu Keikain: Hirofumi Nojima
Koremitsu Keikain: Makoto Yasumura
Goura Keikain: Takeshi Ooba
Hidemoto Keikain (27th): Yousuke Akimoto
Hidemoto Keikain (13th): Hikaru Midorikawa

and since this is a Keikain family centered announcement, I may as well repeat two previously announced ones and Yura's for the hell of it:

Ryuuji Keikain: Katsuyuki Konishi
Mamiru Keikain: Kenji Nojima
Yura Keikain: Ai Maeda

Spoiler for season 2 new character designs:

There's also three 15 sec CMs uploaded on the official site. Just click on 'Movie'. Doesn't show anything new, just a better look at some of the character shots from the PV. There's also a new Hagoromo Gitsune wallpaper under 'Download'.

Also, the fact that the staff blog featured the character designs of young Kiyotsugu and Shima as a sneak peek into season 2 has me suspecting that the often-mentioned-but-never-animated first chapter of the manga will be the first episode of season 2 as a series refresher, unless there were other childhood flashbacks in the manga featuring those two I seem to have forgotten.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 15:28   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Also, the fact that the staff blog featured the character designs of young Kiyotsugu and Shima as a sneak peek into season 2 has me suspecting that the often-mentioned-but-never-animated first chapter of the manga will be the first episode of season 2 as a series refresher, unless there were other childhood flashbacks in the manga featuring those two I seem to have forgotten.
I'm pretty sure there isn't, so we could finally be seeing the first chapter animated.
Old 2011-06-26, 00:35   Link #23
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

July 3rd oh wow , that's only like one week from tomorrow !

*is super excited to see nura s02*

(still wondering if viz is ever gonna release DVDs of the first season)
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 06:54   Link #24
Kakkou
Tch.

Official site renewed earlier with a summary of episode 1. It is indeed the first manga chapter that's being animated at long last! There's also a bunch of awesome new key visuals:

Episode 1 airs tomorrow! Man, I hope the new staff wil help get this season right. They have to.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2011-07-02 at 11:11.
Old 2011-07-02, 06:58   Link #25
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The Kitsune picture is already colored? It looks almost B&W.. I know she's pale but still. XD
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 07:04   Link #26
Kakkou
Tch.

Yeah, she's coloured. Saw her cameo in the Jump Anime Tour Special and she was virtually full B&W save for red gradients in her eyes. Guess she was meant to look like that since the manga colour pages has her in monochrome most of the time too.
Old 2011-07-02, 21:57   Link #27
Westlo
Lets be reality

Really love that PV DEEN put out... just wish I could trust them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Official site renewed earlier with a summary of episode 1. It is indeed the first manga chapter that's being animated at long last! There's also a bunch of awesome new key visuals:
Yeah I saw this posted on Manga Helpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sama_al_Azraq
From reading the interview between the mangaka and anime director, Shiibashi is the one who asked chapter 1 of the manga (kinda forcefully). Well, in the 1st season he asked the director for the same thing, and the director said he will. But promise stay promise and not turn into reality, so I kinda understand.
The director said that compared to 1st season, this season will be sped up. With more staff skilled for action scene and a more hard boiled theme.
Quicker pacing, more skill staff and much better material to work with, excited for this season!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 22:16   Link #28
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

That is great news, I can't wait for the episode to come out. Season 2 is already sounding like it will be a lot better then season 1.
Old 2011-07-03, 12:39   Link #29
Kakkou
Tch.

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow, oh wow! THIS. THIS is what season 1 should have been like from the start! The pacing is noticeably fast and the preview shows that the next episode will even even faster, which I hope doesn't end up being too fast now lol. But holy, this certainly shows how the first chapter made for a much better opener than the second. There's been some slight changes in the character design, mostly colour palette. The action, while not magnificent, is certainly more animated and better directed this time too. In fact, the overall animation feels livelier than the first. I love that they added a later flashback towards the start of the first episode as well. Also turns out that the music in the PV was actually the OP. While I like the music the vocals will need getting used to though. The sequence sure is more stylish than before and far more colourful lol. I don't know if this excitement is mostly a result from an underwhelming first season, but this was a great start!

Next week,
Spoiler for next ep preview:

Last edited by Kakkou; 2011-07-04 at 04:34.
Old 2011-07-03, 14:56   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Good to hear second season starts with a bang. Can't wait to see it for myself.
Old 2011-07-03, 15:09   Link #31
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Watched the RAW, all I can say is if they keep it up this season will be significantly better then the first.
Old 2011-07-03, 15:14   Link #32
Westlo
Lets be reality

Much better OP than what we got in the first season... and really looking forward to the next episodes.. those chapters in the manga were the first time it really made me go "damn this is going to be really good". Sorta in a similar way to when Saito rocked up and smashed Sano in RK....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 02:42   Link #33
Dawnstorm

They disarmed the cute so that the darker aspects blend in better. The humour seems more mischievous, too. The more alien youkai blend in better...

I like the new mood. It feels much more coherent. In this one episode, I cared more about Nura, than I did in the entire first season (where he mostly annoyed me). Good job!
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 08:09   Link #34
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
This felt more like episode 0, but I guess it was necessary to get some viewers back into it..? The mood is certainly better now than first season which unfortunately was a bit childish.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 08:43   Link #35
Ishe

There was one change I don't really understand:

Spoiler for From manga:
Ishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 08:53   Link #36
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishe View Post
There was one change I don't really understand:

Spoiler for From manga:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-04, 11:53   Link #37
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Wow, what a difference a change in director and series composer makes. If not for the characters, I would think that this was a completely different series. Everything was better from the original, from comedic timing, to directional techniques, to action, to portrayal of the characters, everything. I dropped Nurarihyon at episode 14, but after seeing this episode, I'm going to pick it back up (apparently the second half of Nura was filler so I think I'm safe). If DEEN can keep up the production values, then this will be perfect. Judging from next episode's PV, this first ep doesn't appear to be a fluke.
Old 2011-07-04, 13:19   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was the most dramatic seiyuu entrance ever. "I am...Fukuyama Jun!!!"

Excellent premiere. Looking forward to S2.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 14:01   Link #39
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
This felt more like episode 0, but I guess it was necessary to get some viewers back into it..? The mood is certainly better now than first season which unfortunately was a bit childish.
This was chapter 1, for the most part, that was completely cut (but referenced) in season 1. I'm glad they finally showed it.

The new direction leaves a much better impression then the first season had on me.

Next episode looks like it will cover a lot of ground, which is a good thing compared to the glacial pace of the first season.
Old 2011-07-04, 16:00   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, what an episode. That was hands down much better then the whole of the first season. Even the same score, which had better fitting music placement felt stronger.

Oh boy, i'm so hyped for this season now. That preview sent chills down my spine.