AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-08-28, 04:17   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 644 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 05:00   Link #2
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Oyako-no-jutsu
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 06:04   Link #3
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hah? giving kyuubi's aura to Sasuke?? then Sasuke will kill you back with that power

well, must admit that Naruto is quite brilliant in this chapter... good job!
now, others should just run away and leave the battlefield to Naruto, Sasuke, and Kages
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 07:06   Link #4
quagmire

Naruto shows his brilliance, but still has that goofy moment with the 2nd telling him the shadow clone jutsu was his.....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 07:42   Link #5
Monster0

I think it was brought up before,but this chapter once again confirms that even a trace amount of chakra can build up to full strength.At least to the level of strength that the amount that was originaly giving or left behind anyway.So in theory Naruto may have all the tailed beast chakra with the exception of one tail.
So we seen that the current incomplete Juubi,allowing the time,can eventually become complete.So maybe Naruto can,that's if he retained traces of the other beasts chakra,build up a juubi of his own.I think he may need one tail to become complete,i don't know.But as far as Tobi/Juubi i don't think he's missing anything cause the 9tail chakra he got had to be fully ying and yang since he got it from the gold and silver brothers.
Oh well there's probably a million other scenarios that well happen instead,just some light speculation.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 07:52   Link #6
HasuMasu
*Artist

I didn't expect that, of all things, to be Tobirama's jutsu.
Old 2013-08-28, 09:03   Link #7
james0246

LOL, "Their First Fist Bump as Father and Son!"

Is that a thing? When did that become a thing? Do I have to go and find my decrepit father and give him a fist bump now? I don't think he'd understand...

So the Second invented the Shadow Clone jutsu...did we know that? I don't remember if we knew that or not. Whatever the case, good on him. He definitely seems to be the inventor amongst the Hokages (honestly, his overall skill set is impressing me more than any of the other Hokages).

Naruto's plan was also quite simplistically nice.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 09:23   Link #8
Tchadnis

it feel like the second Hokage made all the cool jutsu .. he deserve more credit lol everybody talk about Hashirama and Minato but the Second was a beast too!
Old 2013-08-28, 09:27   Link #9
GDB

Yet, humorously enough, all the jutsu that are credited to the Second Hokage are labeled forbidden techniques...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 10:44   Link #10
SeanQ

So Hashirama has chakra on par with the ninetails ... interesting
Old 2013-08-28, 11:14   Link #11
Apollian

the question of is Naruto more powerful than Sasuke has just been answered in this Chapter. Sasuke just looks out of his depth. after all Madara competed against Hashirama with EMS and was still just about considered his equal. I think Naruto at this point is much further ahead! we just have to hope that Sasuke isn't still driven by power! otherwise he would want in on Kurama's power.

Tobirama's Edo and Tage Kage Bushin. I wonder what else he has up his sleeve... I'm starting to look at Tobirama as another researcher like Mayuri Kurotsuchi from Bleach! although his sadistic and cruel. but you get my point.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 11:29   Link #12
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
So Hashirama has chakra on par with the ninetails ... interesting
I know right? I read that and thought to myself, "wtf!?" Granted we've seen shinobi rumored to have as much chakra as a tailed beast but those were always vague comments in the sense that they could've had as much chakra as the weakest one to validate those claims. But to have as much chakra as the one with the most chakra of them all seems almost unbelievable--even if it is Hashirama.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 11:46   Link #13
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yet, humorously enough, all the jutsu that are credited to the Second Hokage are labeled forbidden techniques...
haha, yea. after he died, hiruzen made them all forbidden. another failure on his part. shadow clones are the reason the world is being saved right now. also, lots of 'good' ninja use them including hiruzen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
the question of is Naruto more powerful than Sasuke has just been answered in this Chapter.
yea it's actually pretty stupid and very uncharacteristic of sasuke to be acting this way. it would have made a lot more sense for sasuke to refuse naruto's chakra, try his own attack and then escape on his own when it failed. instead, naruto's arch rival is asking 'what next, naruto-sama?'
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 11:50   Link #14
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I know right? I read that and thought to myself, "wtf!?" Granted we've seen shinobi rumored to have as much chakra as a tailed beast but those were always vague comments in the sense that they could've had as much chakra as the weakest one to validate those claims. But to have as much chakra as the one with the most chakra of them all seems almost unbelievable--even if it is Hashirama.
It seems feasible. He is considered the greatest shinobi ever in konoha. And if you consider even Kisame was said to have the chakra of a junchiriki even though he had no tailed beast in him, its plausible that 1st could have kyuubi type levels of chakra.

Then again, no one said that naruto just shared ALL of the kyuubi chakra with the others. That would be foolish because hed have no more chakra left for the fight.

That entire chakra sharing operation may have been only a fraction of kyuubi's chakra. Hashirama might be able to share that much chakra, but we don't know if he would have any left after.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 12:10   Link #15
DarkHollowIchigo

Spoiler for LOOL.:

Omg...i cried of laughing when seeing this part...
Old 2013-08-28, 12:28   Link #16
iBeast

Why is Sasuke playing second fiddle to Naruto?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 12:48   Link #17
GDB

Because the series isn't called "Sasuke"?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 12:58   Link #18
Kurohane

Touching moment between Naruto and Minato this chapter.

I had to smile when Naruto tried to explain how the teleportation worked. It's just Naruto being Naruto. He may not know the exact details of how things work, but that doesn't stop him from knowing the applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea it's actually pretty stupid and very uncharacteristic of sasuke to be acting this way. it would have made a lot more sense for sasuke to refuse naruto's chakra, try his own attack and then escape on his own when it failed. instead, naruto's arch rival is asking 'what next, naruto-sama?'
Well, you see Naruto had to use chakra arms to grab both Sasuke and Juugo, because they both were still just standing around and not coming to him like he asked. That shows Sasuke's stubbornness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
Spoiler for LOOL.:

Omg...i cried of laughing when seeing this part...
Yeah, that part was hilarious.
Old 2013-08-28, 12:59   Link #19
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Why is Sasuke playing second fiddle to Naruto?
To appease his fans :/ This entire war has essentially been one huge naruto fanservice show; so I'm not too surprised at the bullshit in this chapter either. The author will probably have Sasuke somehow steal the other Kyuubi from Minato out of "jealousy", wanting to be like the great hero naruto(or something to that effect). I've been looking for a better story to read, but just can't seem to find anything that interests me yet. Reading Naruto's cheesy lines, brofisting, and the way everything constantly falls into place for him in such a contriving way is starting to become unbearably annoying.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 13:02   Link #20
Kurohane

^ I'd like to think of it as seeing Naruto had to play second fiddle to Sasuke most of the time in Part I, this is a refreshing change.