AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-03-09, 19:12   Link #841
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Has anyone heard of the Spring 2006 anime Hime-Hime? (or something)
I've been desperately looking for something remotely similar to Rozen Maiden and I think this is it.

It's probably something COMPLETELY different, but one of the characters look like Hina Ichigo....and the designs for the other females remind me of dolls for some reason.

Or maybe I just can't accept RM is finished, lol.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 20:41   Link #842
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
I've been doing my whole research projects in my college composition class about anime. First one of my essays was an analysis of Full Metal Panic. The second one was a critique about the nasty censoring they've been doing to anime series in the U.S., and the third, which is a comparison of your first topic with another, I'll make it a Rozen Maiden one. Already decided it! <_<
Really? I want to see what you wrote; it's not everyday that someone decides to write a lengthy paper on anime for school, even if it is college.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 21:45   Link #843
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

Could someone please explain what's Hime-Hime, and how does it compare/contrast with Rozen Maiden?
Old 2006-03-09, 21:52   Link #844
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I think that is off-topic.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 04:56   Link #845
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan
Really? I want to see what you wrote; it's not everyday that someone decides to write a lengthy paper on anime for school, even if it is college.
Me too, and it would be great to see how the lecturer deals with the references...
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 05:37   Link #846
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

One guy even wrote a whole dissertation on Neon Genesis Evangelion ... I wrote a feature article on anime, so I don't see why it can't be done.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 05:59   Link #847
Lost

Quote:
Whoever hates Hikari no Rasenritsu must die! *prepares a stake and a fire*
Did you post that physics? (Nice to see you here too ) Need some firewood? WHO HATES Hikari no Rasenritsu????

Nah. Its your right to an opinion.

But for me, I just can't get enough of it! Its sad, but hopeful. I think it takes on special significance when heard together with the visuals of the ED. Especially the crystals and rose-petals part. I prefer it much more than season's one ending.

And well I just have to talk about Shun, the song Megu sings. It gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to it. Wonderfully haunting, her voice. Wonderful.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 06:07   Link #848
blitz1/2

Yeah, Megu's voice haunts me as well.
Old 2006-03-10, 07:18   Link #849
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
And well I just have to talk about Shun, the song Megu sings. It gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to it. Wonderfully haunting, her voice. Wonderful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Yeah, Megu's voice haunts me as well.
Definately my favourite RM:T song, "Madoka" (aka Megu's song)

Because of that, this calls for more Megu! (And of course Gin)

Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 07:27   Link #850
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Yey.. more gin-sama goodness
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 07:46   Link #851
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Did you post that physics? (Nice to see you here too ) Need some firewood? WHO HATES Hikari no Rasenritsu????

Nah. Its your right to an opinion.

But for me, I just can't get enough of it! Its sad, but hopeful. I think it takes on special significance when heard together with the visuals of the ED. Especially the crystals and rose-petals part. I prefer it much more than season's one ending.

Of course ... I posted that ... I LOVE Hikari no Rasenritsu, and the RM:T ED was just a great pair with that song.
Old 2006-03-10, 07:48   Link #852
Lost

Yay!! Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
OMG I love this one. Look at Sugintou's face. Poor Sugintou.
Old 2006-03-10, 10:12   Link #853
blitz1/2

The one about Megu trying to teach Suigintou about to use a computer was funny!

Also for this, does Megu have a biography?
http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?im...60171176av.jpg
Old 2006-03-10, 11:07   Link #854
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Of course ... I posted that ... I LOVE Hikari no Rasenritsu, and the RM:T ED was just a great pair with that song.
yay another little excuse to babble on about this kickass song yet again

Yep Hikari is a GREAT song. It's become mandatory listening at least 10 times each day^^

And the ED animation itself in the anime is few where I've actually seen where it FITS the song exactly too.

I like to analyze songs in my own way and this song passed with flying colors. You don’t need to read all of this if you don’t want but it just shows you how much I like this song besides the nice melody.

I like listening to it first thing in the early morning. I associate it with the early morning's feeling of tranquility no doubt in part due to the ED animation's first half, I think it's morning there as well. So peaceful.

The crystal part "wave" thing, to me was simply an obvious depiction of inescapable change. Your world can't stay the same peacefulness forever...

In relation to the Rozen Maiden anime itself, you see Shinku sleeping there during the peaceful scene; I think it's her "dream" of having all the dolls just live a happy life and never worrying about the Alice Game, but unfortunately, reality literally blows in a with a vengeance (Crystals, Bara, Alice game, perhaps dying from the game as well). One can argue whether the other dolls in the peaceful scene in the ED are actually there at all while Shinku is in the tree as they fade in and out. Notice when the crystal wave comes, everyone disappears but Shinku is still in the tree. (Not to mention they would all be shish kabobed by the crystals and ruin that ending's mood for me forever!!!!)

The dolls can't escape their fate or destiny which is the dangerous and fatal Alice Game, as in shown in big letters in the second half. You must eventually "wake up" from your dream, as is shown by Shinku opening her eyes in the end.

To tell you in another way this song affected me, I was NEVER a morning person. Not that I didn’t like it, I just tended to stay up late usually and sleep in. My schedule is heavily centered on the later part of the day. I finally got the will to get up a week or so ago and watch the actual sunrise, taking in that peaceful almost magical time during daybreak. In contrast, everyone seen sunsets all the time, they really don’t have that strong of an impact at all to most people. I probably hadn’t seen an actual sunrise in more then a year, seeing how you must get up at the right time and sunrise times change throughout the year, being very early sometimes. So I’m sort of a morning person now thanks to that song. Can you believe it?

oops, did I just type out a paper essay about this ending?, I didn't really mean to, honest! It just flowed out from my fingers.

Last edited by Neaco; 2006-03-10 at 15:20.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 11:12   Link #855
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
yay another little excuse to babble on about this kickass song yet again

Yep Hikari is a GREAT song. It's become mandatory listening at least 10 times each day^^

And the ED animation itself in the anime is few where I've actually seen where it FITs the song exactly, therefore:

I analyse songs in my own way and this song passed with flying colors.

I like listening to it first thing in the early morning. I associate it with the early mroning's feeling of tranquility no doubt inp art to the ED animation's first half, I think it's morning there as well.

The crystal part thing, to me was simply an obvious depiction of unescapable change. Your world can't stay the same peacefulness forever...
woah. I never thought it that way. Can someone translate the site's update?
Old 2006-03-10, 16:21   Link #856
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:

... The crystal part "wave" thing, to me was simply an obvious depiction of inescapable change. Your world can't stay the same peacefulness forever...

In relation to the Rozen Maiden anime itself, you see Shinku sleeping there during the peaceful scene; I think it's her "dream" of having all the dolls just live a happy life and never worrying about the Alice Game, but unfortunately, reality literally blows in a with a vengeance (Crystals, Bara, Alice game, perhaps dying from the game as well). One can argue whether the other dolls in the peaceful scene in the ED are actually there at all while Shinku is in the tree as they fade in and out. Notice when the crystal wave comes, everyone disappears but Shinku is still in the tree. (Not to mention they would all be shish kabobed by the crystals and ruin that ending's mood for me forever!!!!)

The dolls can't escape their fate or destiny which is the dangerous and fatal Alice Game, as in shown in big letters in the second half. You must eventually "wake up" from your dream, as is shown by Shinku opening her eyes in the end.

To tell you in another way this song affected me...
I didn't like the song because I didn't really 'listen' to it originally. A few episodes later, though, I listened and it became wonderful for me.

You have great insight there. Although I don't listen ten times, I listen to it pretty more than five times each day. I, for one, slightly differ from your perceptions. I love the song because of its sense of, yes, inevitability (Greek tragedy?), but I love it more because of its aesthetic sense of laconic sadness.

It implies a sadness deeper embed in the hearts of the RMs, partially because of the problem of existing to 'murder' one another. Shinku, as you said, tries to maintain a fragile balance to stop this, because even if arrogant she really cares for the RMs. And I mean really.

Songs are open to much interpretation, but I'll stop there for mine.

On a lighter note, I'm going to say this has been one of the better anime series I've watched this 2006, alongside Ergo Proxy and Hiatari Ryoukou. (Just so you guys could wean yourself out of RM by watching other things *looks at Flo intensely.*)

Hiatari Ryoukou, although old is a very fun anime about romance. I didn't think I'd like it because of its animation, but it manages the story very cohesively and very well at that. Ergo Proxy is the exact opposite of Hiatari Ryoukou, but the high budget and the high animation set it up to be one of the sleepers of 2006, and I stick by this.

Just giving suggestions, really. I suggest watching Hiatari Ryoukou. More people should watch that anime. And watch Rozen Maiden I and II as well. And Ergo Proxy.

Watch Rozen Maiden first, though.
Old 2006-03-10, 18:50   Link #857
Lost

Quote:
The crystal part "wave" thing, to me was simply an obvious depiction of inescapable change. Your world can't stay the same peacefulness forever...
What I like about that part was the rose petals that immediately blew in the other direction, changing the tide as it were. Pretty symbolic for me, and as you said, all fitted in perfect time to the song. Definately one of the much more entertaining EDs I have seen (others I like: Wolf's Rain, Gank, Last Exile, Mushishi!!).

So it means that Shinku will OWN!! <no spoilers pls, haven completed RM:T, waiting for Ayu's 12th>
Quote:
Watch Rozen Maiden first, though.
I can say without a doubt that RM was the only anime so far where I thorougly and equally enjoyed each and everyone of its 12 episodes. Other Anime series (the ones I've watched) have their up and down episodes, not so RM. Each one of RM is a joyride. (okay, i admit it could be because it was so short) Haven completed RM:t yet, but up to Ep6 where I stopped I was still loving each episode.

Will take your advice and check out Ergo Proxy and Hiatari Ryoukou. If there still are seeders.
Old 2006-03-10, 18:55   Link #858
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Well I have to agree with the HnR's thoughts up there, because it IS such a great song. I think that very few animes have really good matching of Op/Ed with the respective songs and the ending of RM Traumend is one of them, certainly.
I've watched it over and over for the past two days, normally to relieve myself of the feeling of loss after finishing the series so quickly. Meh that's just me though.

But I just love it lots and lots.

Quote:
Should I post it somewhere, then? It's not that much of a good job, since my grammar isn't that good. But I think it would be an easy reading.

Quote:
Me too, and it would be great to see how the lecturer deals with the references...
Lol, my instructor didn't go through many of them. I bet she had second thoughts about putting "Cartoons" in her depiction of Popular Culture after she read mine =P But my sources were mainly these forums and a few reviews here and there. It's amazing what you can get on the internet these days.

Edit:
Ops, forgot to post something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Dzo...ad%20Mashimaro

AMAZING AMV made with a kickass song (Samurai7 - Unlimited).

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 18:57   Link #859
blitz1/2

Damn! The main site didn't site anything good.
Old 2006-03-10, 19:02   Link #860
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I didn't like the song because I didn't really 'listen' to it originally. A few episodes later, though, I listened and it became wonderful for me.

You have great insight there. Although I don't listen ten times, I listen to it pretty more than five times each day. I, for one, slightly differ from your perceptions. I love the song because of its sense of, yes, inevitability (Greek tragedy?), but I love it more because of its aesthetic sense of laconic sadness.

It implies a sadness deeper embed in the hearts of the RMs, partially because of the problem of existing to 'murder' one another. Shinku, as you said, tries to maintain a fragile balance to stop this, because even if arrogant she really cares for the RMs. And I mean really.
You hit the nail on the head. All the more reason I think Rozen (The real dude himself not Enju) is a world-class bastard for coming up with the barbaric game no matter how much they say he "loves" the dolls. I guess it's better now because of what he said in ep 12 but still he came up with that.

Maybe I'll check out the other animes you mentioned as well, altho I am watching another series right now so it'll come later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost
What I like about that part was the rose petals that immediately blew in the other direction, changing the tide as it were. Pretty symbolic for me, and as you said, all fitted in perfect time to the song. Definately one of the much more entertaining EDs I have seen (others I like: Wolf's Rain, Gank, Last Exile, Mushishi!!).
Yea I forget to mention the rose petals, that was pretty important but that's what I thought as well^^
Go Shinku!
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural