Yop your right
Yûyake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 14:00   Link #62
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souzouryoku
Spoiler:
I said should or could have died. The very fact that he's still alive was my point.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 14:55   Link #63
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
You are crazy.
The mirrors broke when Haku was projected through them by Naruto's blow and this blow didn't even hurt Haku that much.
The level of Sasuke's Katon jutsu wasn't enough by then to burn the mirror but higher ones would have turned them to nothing and I'm not talking about the Amaterasu.

You need to re-read this part of the show, Haku never said that he slowed down in the first place, he said that he couldn't maintain the kind of speed he used for too long if the fight was to continue and that was after Sasuke started to avoid all his attacks.
As a matter of fact Haku stated that Sasuke was getting used to his speed and could avoid to be hit at vital spots while protecting Naruto at the same time whereas he didn't even have awakened the Sharingan yet and at the very moment he got it Haku couldn't hit him at all.
That's why Haku had to be smart and used Naruto's body as a bait to be able to hit Sasuke.

Fact is that Haku's best jutsu got beat by a Sasuke post Lee's speed and Chidori.
Sasuke at Chuunin exam level would have beat Haku rather easily and a post timeskip Sasuke would have obliterated him.

Dang you are right. I just assumed Haku's mirrors shattered with Kyuubi chakra release.

The other part about Amaretsu ... Im still skeptical about. But the mirror did slightly melt then regather itself under Katon. I just assumed him losing speed was due to the chakra loss. But its still a mystery how Kakashi couldnt see him outside the mirrors but Sasuke could see him inside the mirrors.

Any theories on that one?

And the Sharingan is not supposed to be able to see through bloodline techniques or copy them. From what I remember.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 20:09   Link #64
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS
But its still a mystery how Kakashi couldnt see him outside the mirrors but Sasuke could see him inside the mirrors.

Any theories on that one?
As a matter of fact I have even better than theory : Kakashi never said that he couldn't see Haku to begin with.

Quote:
And the Sharingan is not supposed to be able to see through bloodline techniques or copy them. From what I remember.
You remember that wrong.
The Sharingan can't allow to copy Bloodline limits for the simple reason that its user isn't genetically abble to perform them. He just hasn't the right body for that.
But it can analyze the jutsu bloodline or not.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 21:00   Link #65
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS
Hello buddeh! Just wanted to point out a few flaws in your argument.

1.) The Ice of Haku's walls arent just regular ice. They are laced with solid chakra and its a bloodline technique. I doubt Amaretsu will melt it. It will cover one Mirror in fire but it wont melt it.

2.) 2-dot Sharingan spotting Haku moving at that speed is bs. People move slower and he had trouble watching them. People had conversations when Gated Lee was rocking Gaara midair. Ungated Lee was much faster than a slightly better trained Sharingan. And we know Haku was moving as fast as the gates if not faster. He did lose a lot of speed later on as his chakra level dropped from playing around with the kids. But even the greatly reduced speed is not enough for 2-dot to spot. We saw the "water-drop scenario". Its crazy.

3.) Haku is moving at gate-speed. Even if Haku makes eye-contact, he moves so fast Itachi doesnt have time to blink and trigger Amaretsu or Tsukuyomi. Hes damn fast.

4.) Haku IS damn cool. If he trained and got upgraded after Timeskip like all the other Genins, he would have easily rocked Itachi. Or at least put 1 needle in each swirl of his Sharingan.

Point: Haku > Any Uchiha.
Secondary Point: Anyone (yes, even Ramen Girl or Akamaru) > Any Uchiha.
You need to lay of the sugar, dawg.

None of this made any sense.

As Hunter has explained Sasuke was seeing through Haku's jutsu even before activating Sharingan and he got even better at it once activating an incomplete sharingan (in the manga one of his sharingan only had one dot).

There is no way Haku during that time period could feasibly face someone like Itachi, no way.

His Ice mirrors would be melted into steam by Itachi and then he would succumb to one of Itachi's incredible jutsus.

Haku's speed is nothing to a elite S-rank ninja like Itachi, let's not forget that Kakashi with sharingan AND Lee/Gai's speed was completely outpaced by Itachi in their first encounter, this guy is no stranger to intimidating speed.

Now IF Haku had a chance to grow like everyone else his age I think he would become a formidable opponent but as it stands we're comparing kittens to lions when comparing these two ninjas.
Old 2006-01-07, 22:34   Link #66
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Has anyone ever heard this story about a guy whose paintings were selling on a very high price in an auction after he was presumably dead. Then this rich old fart buys a painting in millions and finds out few hours later that the painter wasn't dead at all. The rich guy's first exasperating sentiment was, "How dare he be alive?" I think the aritist name was Pinkasso.

Yes, please stay dead for the sake of entertainment and whole-price enjoyment! The emotional value goes up in death. Coming back to life later on just seems to cheapen the market value err... sentimental value!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 16:40   Link #67
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz59
I think Edo Tensei requires Chakra to be maintained, thus a summoned, say, Haku would only remain so long Oro feels like it.
This is completely false. It is a well known fact that Edo Tensei would still be active even if Orochimaru got killed.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 17:23   Link #68
gibits
Endless

Spoiler:
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 20:16   Link #69
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
You need to lay of the sugar, dawg.

None of this made any sense.

As Hunter has explained Sasuke was seeing through Haku's jutsu even before activating Sharingan and he got even better at it once activating an incomplete sharingan (in the manga one of his sharingan only had one dot).

There is no way Haku during that time period could feasibly face someone like Itachi, no way.

His Ice mirrors would be melted into steam by Itachi and then he would succumb to one of Itachi's incredible jutsus.

Haku's speed is nothing to a elite S-rank ninja like Itachi, let's not forget that Kakashi with sharingan AND Lee/Gai's speed was completely outpaced by Itachi in their first encounter, this guy is no stranger to intimidating speed.

Now IF Haku had a chance to grow like everyone else his age I think he would become a formidable opponent but as it stands we're comparing kittens to lions when comparing these two ninjas.
True but ..

Ill take my chances with Lions. At least you KNOW they will always attack you. Kittens look all kawaii and stuff then they claw your ankle off.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 12:27   Link #70
A.N.B.U

death list

i personally think it would have been awsome to see more of hayate gekko in the story line, maybe why he is sick and how he became one of the leafs top special jounin

Last edited by A.N.B.U; 2007-02-28 at 14:52.
A.N.B.U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 12:33   Link #71
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Feels like I've said this a gazillion times;
Dosu
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 12:39   Link #72
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
Zabuza. He became good at the end and had the most brutal yet intense and memorable deaths ever. Taking out all the thugs with a kunai in his mouth. What a way to go but he could of played a good part in the story.
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 12:47   Link #73
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Hmm...let me see
Haku
Shisui Uchiha ( we could have atleast see the guy fight for heaven sake)
Kimimaro

Spoiler for also :
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 12:55   Link #74
MDale
Me

The Sound Genin Team from the Chunnin Exams (Dosu/Zaku/Kin if I recall correctly), The Sound Four and Kimimaro. Yeah, alot of bad guys

- The Sound Genin Team had personality, it would've been interesting to see their involvement in the Chunnin exams and subsequent invasion, in my opinion it would've been much better to either have them killed during the invasion or see them try and go against Orochimaru. Dosu in particular was becoming interesting.
- The Sound Four. I could've done without the Fat Guy and the Spider Dude, they were uninteresting and I'm satisfied with the decision to remove them, but Tayuya and Sakon and Akon were interesting. Tayuya was a strong female leader, something this series seems to lack, the trash-talking bitch is a niche that needed to be filled. Sakon and Akon's brother body thing that they had going was interesting and so much more could've been done there.
- Kimimaro, they gave us a huge look at his background and created a character that we can feel sympathy for as well as see how deluded and misled he is. Was kinda similar to Haku only given a much weaker and "pointless" death.

I'd add Haku and Zabuza, who I both liked, but their deaths seem necessary to the series. Their influences reinforced the theme of "loneliness" and "getting strength from those you care about" and had heavy influences on Naruto, on top of that their death scenes were strong and powerful (in contrast to Kimimaro's "wasted" death).

Off-Topic: Choji probably should've been killed off in his 'death' scene, in those few episodes they created a character that I could care about and when they 'killed' him off it was one of the most powerful scenes I've seen, damn near brought me to tears. It felt wasted when he was brought back 'just fine' afterwards though, if they had used it properly and had it influence the story it would've been a different matter for me but in my opinion it was handled poorly, really killed off the part of me that gave a damn about Choji afterwards =/
MDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 14:07   Link #75
shankss
CP10

Forth Hokage! The show started and he died!..They didnt even let him say any last words so poor guy always stay silent teleporting around in naruto games because he didnt have any voice actors! rawr!
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 14:18   Link #76
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I'd also have to go with Dosu...We should atleast get a flashback or something to see how Gaara really killed him if indeed that happened...He had a great character design that was wasted...Someone used to say "he just took a timeout..." xD...

I also was highly dissapointed with "cough-guy" (I'm not sure if that's Hayate or not, but the Chunnin examiner)...I can't believe they made me think he had some type of wierd cough jutsu...I was dissapointed he didn't and got killed rather easily...
Old 2007-02-28, 14:35   Link #77
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Would be very nice to see Dosu again, could be that he escaped Garaa's attack and fled in shame of being looked down on by Orochimaru, he would make a very interesting character if he returned more powerful.

Some deaths are very necessary. I agree very much on the Choojin post, he should have died after the death scene, not that I have anything against his character, but after such a powerful scene and the red pill which was supposed to kill it's consumer, it ruined everything when he came back totally fine.

Zabuza and Hakuu had to die, the end of that arc wouldn't have been as touching if they'd survived. I don't know if it would be cool if either of those came back, I think it maybe would. Hakuu seems to have jutsus for faking death, pherhaps he had some ressurection jutsus ready as well, you never know. I would be fancy if Zabuza sudently showed up during a very important fight with Naruto or Kakashi involved, or at least I think so x)

Didn't really had any admiration for this Gekko, he was just looking sick and only had one fighting-scene where he got wopped (by a very strong opponent, but still...).
Old 2007-03-03, 17:20   Link #78
Ryuujin

Tayuya and
Spoiler for manga:

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 18:34   Link #79
aykana-demongirl

i say haku should have lived he was only a kid
aykana-demongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 18:57   Link #80
Kage_Spyke
burakkukoohii jouyousha

i agree haku was awesome. i would have like to of seen haku in the chuunin exams
Kage_Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote