AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-08-11, 20:54   Link #1181
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
Yeah, and her panties are painted too... not sure if you checked under her skirt yet.....
I have you know that was the first thing I checked.
Old 2008-08-12, 10:17   Link #1182
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Does anyone know here some good ebay shops etc., which sells completed resin figures?
I ask because I'm sometimes unsure if some offers on ebay are worth their money...

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 22:21   Link #1183
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

there are some but expect to pay 150$+ for a well made figure, and that is still a bargain considering how much time and work is needed to complete one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-Painted-Gar...QQcmdZViewItem
there is also another store, e302k or something, I forget the URL
or u can just slip GameraBaenre a few benjamin franklins a six pack and a rare kit you bought from WF and maybe he will have some spare time to think about it

unless you are serious about collecting just buy PVC, resin and polystone are not as coveted as they used to be.

EDIT:

here is the link
http://www.e2046.com
make sure you search for PRE-PAINTED or you could end up with an unfinished resin kit
click on the GATHERING link at the top right to browse

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2008-08-15 at 02:54.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 10:23   Link #1185
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I like that nagato I was thinking about getting the figma one, but not sure now.

ok, havnt had time to go to ikea or shop for lighting for the new case, but I got a package in the mail

UH OH!
whenever a gashapon pack arrives in a generic box, you know thats never good! planning ahead I ordered two boxes, *phew*
Spoiler for boxes:

So I opened the first box and whats this?! a FULL set? Yahoo!
Spoiler for gashapon:

this keychain is great! when I first ordered them I thought they would be some giant clunkers. I could never understand why people like to carry around key chains the size of a small book with them.
Spoiler for kusu:

see how small it is? pocket stapler comparison
Spoiler for kusu:

here is my first figma. DANGER?! these are NOT TOYS. my mistake! this is as fragile as those old virtual on figures if you ever had them. WHY does her hair keep falling out? I just bought this?!
Spoiler for nanoha:

I love the key chains, but Im not too happy with the figma. does anyone own revoltech? are they made with metal screw joints? I would love to have a toy I can pose over and over without it breaking and both figma and revoltech are releasing a tohsaka rin, which is my next poseable figure without question.

funny thing is guess which two gashapon I got as filler? I got 4 pepe-chans LMAO. and I think the other was 3 mikis and an extra iru and eru. only one kusu kusu, almost had a full 2nd set, so the gashapon do NOT come in full sets, each box is close to complete though.
Old 2008-08-16, 16:12   Link #1186
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
I love the key chains, but Im not too happy with the figma. does anyone own revoltech? are they made with metal screw joints? I would love to have a toy I can pose over and over without it breaking and both figma and revoltech are releasing a tohsaka rin, which is my next poseable figure without question.
Revoltech Fraulein has the same joints as the standard Revoltech. They use Revoltech(tm) joints, always plastic and not neccessarily tough.

Figma is closer to an action figure than a Revoltech is. Figma has joints that work like most normal action figures, but are not designed for playing, just great for posing. They are easy to pose with but I do not recommend changing poses every single day.

Revoltech has joints that only designed for posing. You get your figures in position by plucking out the joints, adjusting them and then fixing the figure back again. Or you can put alot of stress by twisting the figures with their joints connected, Revoltech joints are very secure and hard to get out of place. They are designed to help the figures stay in postion, but adjusting them too much have resulted in broken joints before. Thats why they always provide a few extra joints in the boxes.

Both are great fun. But Figma seems to provide more props compared to Revoltech Fraulein.

Their only weak point for appearance would be the joints looking bad on skin only parts, example, those knees for the girls with miniskirts.
Quote:
I also ordered a figma this previous week and I was wondering who in the world bought the idol master figure and C.G. set.

now I know
You're refering to me? yes?

I'm kinda hoping they would release all the Idols, even though I do worry about my wallet.

Looking forward to the entire SOS-dan + Ryoko and Tsuruya-san. Especially Ryoko, for she has all the extra 5 sets of hands for the entire Hare Hare posing everyone is looking forward to.

I'm also waiting for the Lucky Star girls to pose some Sailor Fuku.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 23:19   Link #1187
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Leon Rose if you ordered from HLJ you can't pay by debit card. They only take real Credit Cards, Pay Pal, or US money orders shipped to a US address which takes up to 2 extra weeks if you pay by money order.

As for a case it's hard to find small ones just for one figure. Try a hobby or modeling store. I got mine from IKEA it's a 4 shelf glass case a Detolf. Holds all my figures.
I have made several orders from HLJ and paid with a debit card
Old 2008-08-20, 02:00   Link #1188
dfens

I just found my next figure for my collection. It's a cold cast statue, but dam is it pricey. At 17,640 yen plus about 3000 for shipping I guess. Comes out this December.

http://www.moeyo.com/2008/08/post_5838.html
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:54   Link #1189
HandofFate

Decided to finally take a few figurines out of their boxes and actually display them. Most of mine are still in the boxes since I lack good space to properly show them of.

Spoiler for for my figurines:
Old 2008-08-20, 17:56   Link #1190
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
I just found my next figure for my collection. It's a cold cast statue, but dam is it pricey. At 17,640 yen plus about 3000 for shipping I guess. Comes out this December.

http://www.moeyo.com/2008/08/post_5838.html
pricey indeed. what does cold cast mean?
Old 2008-08-20, 21:05   Link #1191
dfens

Cold cast means it's a statue, like porselen basically if you drop it, then it will break and can't be fixed. That's why it's so expensive.

Unlike PVC that is modeled and take a beaten, color modeled as well cold cast has to be painted the whole entire thing. With the fine details by hand.

I have a Misato from Evangelion cold cast from the same company so I know the quality is good.
Old 2008-08-21, 06:50   Link #1192
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

why did you choose red haruhi and black mikuru lol
I have a misato cold cast from new line
is this what yours looks like? http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10041424a/20/1

this is also coming out, its from the princess crown series, odin sphere
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10076257a2/20/2
I am positive it will sell out fast

I should be getting another package this weekend
WF this year was kind of blah
if you havnt seen pics u can find them here somewhere http://www.dannychoo.com/
I would like the Asakura Ryoko by FREEing but I would also like to keep my head on my shoulders

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2008-08-21 at 07:11.
Old 2008-08-21, 11:22   Link #1193
dfens

Yeah that's the Misato statue I have I got a great deal on it a few years back when it came out 70 bucks shipped.

I also have the new one that's PVC it's much bigger in size.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10065495

Man figures are killing me this year I been holding back since my display case is running out of space. Still waiting on my Motoko from GITS.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=4399
Old 2008-08-21, 12:00   Link #1194
Strahan

I just decided to start collecting figurines myself. I had Mutsumi from Love Hina for along time, and figured she could use company hehe. Otakon was just around the corner so I thought that'd be a good place to start.

Picked up Mizuho (Onegai Teacher), Tessa and Chidori (FMP), Haruhi and Mikuru (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), Hazuki (Tsukuyomi), Saber and Rin (FSN) and Belldandy (AMG):

Spoiler:

Now I just need to find a good way to display them. I had put them on my bookshelf but didn't really like it as my reading room isn't where I spend the majority of my time so it seems like a waste so I moved them to my computer desk.

That Ikea display unit looked cool. I'd buy it if it were maybe 2 or 3 units wider. I'd ideally like something glass with doors to enclose everything to help prevent dust accumulation and with light.

PS, I had a good chuckle when I watched Lucky Star episode 15 and saw the same Haruhi statue on Konata's bookshelf. I wonder if she had the same annoying problem with the figure tipping over hehe. I ended up supergluing her non-peg foot to the platform to keep her stable.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 12:29   Link #1195
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I paid 120$ for mine I think and I heard they did another run of the mahoro sports bike and sold it at around 70$ last winter also, I paid around 120$ for that one too. It makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes when they re-release stuff
its one reason I hate buying kotobukiya figures, they always re-release.

wow, is that all sci-fi? that haruhi and saber are two of my favorite posed figures for those series, but I dont have them yet. one thing about the PVC haruhi i did not like is that they left out the pantyhose stocking lace. that gave the figure a lot of its allure. one other PVC haruhi has the lace and all the FREEing models do too. I think konata probably used molding putty to hold her foot in place. super glue is fine though if you never have to take the base off to put it back in the box.
here is another option for a display case, it can mount above your computer, take note it MUST be bolted into the wall, so you may not be comfortable with that.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80102368
you may be able to set it on your desk and put your monitor on top of it, not sure about that though

this one here stands vertical and is wider, but double price
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30114613

Lucky star is funny. I like the shop people the best lol.
Old 2008-08-21, 15:02   Link #1196
Strahan

Quote:
I paid 120$ for mine I think and I heard they did another run of the mahoro sports bike and sold it at around 70$ last winter also, I paid around 120$ for that one too. It makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes when they re-release stuff
its one reason I hate buying kotobukiya figures, they always re-release.

wow, is that all sci-fi? that haruhi and saber are two of my favorite posed figures for those series, but I dont have them yet. one thing about the PVC haruhi i did not like is that they left out the pantyhose stocking lace. that gave the figure a lot of its allure. one other PVC haruhi has the lace and all the FREEing models do too. I think konata probably used molding putty to hold her foot in place. super glue is fine though if you never have to take the base off to put it back in the box.
here is another option for a display case, it can mount above your computer, take note it MUST be bolted into the wall, so you may not be comfortable with that.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80102368
you may be able to set it on your desk and put your monitor on top of it, not sure about that though

this one here stands vertical and is wider, but double price
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30114613

Lucky star is funny. I like the shop people the best lol.
Yea, I was disappointed it wasn't the higher end Haruhi with the fishnets, but I figured what the hey it was there and I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket hehe. What I really would like is the Freeing Haruhi statue, looks nice.

Thanks for the display suggestions, have to check those out!
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 18:28   Link #1197
rainbow_star

Wow, I haven't come here for only couple weeks and saw you guys got a lot of new figures already! XD
Here are my figures that I got from the past couple months.
I just copy and past it from my blog. =P
http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=566

Spoiler for :
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 18:33   Link #1198
rainbow_star

And for her, I bought her here around half year ago and they still have some stock. =]
http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info...oducts_id=6103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Rose View Post
Does anyone know if its possible to buy this figurine from anywhere but this site? http://www.ponmanee.com/product.deta...t=&id=1239347# Btw its Phantasmoon 1/7 figure
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 23:02   Link #1199
reaper1984
Suigintou Follower

Send a message via MSN to reaper1984
I have been trying to find a store that sells anime figurines in Auckland, New Zealand... but so far no luck... anyone here from that area that might know where the best place (besides the internet) to obtain anime figurines?
reaper1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 03:29   Link #1200
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

well, you may be able to get good prices ordering from AU, but not sure about any local stores in NZ, sorry.

The nagato is made by Sega or Konami? I would probably open that one to put on the computer desk. Owning a Toro though, hmmm, lol.

Yochi arrived today but charu is still in the mail.
in case you dont know, diamond comics is a wholesaler that distributes kotobukiya and gundam figures legitimately in the US. so if you see them in a comic shop its most certainly a licensed item. they even change the packaging sometimes by adding english if needed.
Spoiler for NA box:

here is compared to an older figure of the same series.
the older figures feel very light and most people would question charging 30$ for the quality, but back in those days figure making processes were still in infancy.
the new figures are much more solid. the base is permanent, a screw is holding her foot in place and cannot be removed. each part of the body and bag was covered in plastic wrap within the shell case itself.
Spoiler for Yochi:

and since I know this is what you really want to know
Spoiler for I even changed the camera lens for you:

overall I like this figure, the quality is good and the price is decent.
now I need to wait for charu so I can have a pair together