Originally Posted by Sukii View Post
Ohmaigawd,I would give my first born child away for this figure @___@
please, don't do this...

Old 2008-09-06, 11:14   Link #342
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Spoiler for Ultimate moe:
That's... AWESOME! Seriously, wow... just wow.
Old 2008-09-06, 20:10   Link #343
Sukii
Resident Catgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
please, don't do this...
I wouldn't actually do that I was just joking around.
Old 2008-09-11, 20:29   Link #344
Rias

The promotion video for Hidebu Portable can be seen here:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4594849

How can I say this...looks so cheaply made...and what's with the song...I guess one good thing is the cut-in for the characters looks good...
Old 2008-09-11, 21:05   Link #345
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I like Natsumi's and Hanyuu's artwork! ^.^

The video itself is alright I guess, could be better but it's not the worst. Though the song seems too cheery or something to seem like a Higurashi game, well that's just my opinion. =P

Though I wonder, why are Hanyuu's sleeves white in her art but pink on the cover art? I know that her sleeves are white in all of the Alchemist games and they are pink in everything else... so... I'm curious as to why they aren't white on the cover or something.

Last edited by momobunny; 2008-09-11 at 21:23.
Old 2008-09-12, 06:38   Link #346
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/105/105087/
Another video of Higurashi no Nakukoru ni Kizuna: Dai-Ni-Kan - Sou
Old 2008-09-13, 05:05   Link #347
Meirin
Locked Girl

As promised here is the first batch of various Higurashi doujinshi that I own. I have about 30 of them - most were bought when I was in Japan and occasionally I'd place an order when something catches my eye. I haven't unwrapped the ones from my latest order yet, so this time I'll just present some of my old favourites.

Volumes 2, 3a and 3b of a great doujin anthology series:
Spoiler for images:

Some favourite Rena covers:
Spoiler for images:

A slightly NSFW Rena cover - pixelized/censored:
Spoiler for NSFW image:

More next time.
Old 2008-09-13, 16:15   Link #348
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meirin View Post
As promised here is the first batch of various Higurashi doujinshi that I own. I have about 30 of them - most were bought when I was in Japan and occasionally I'd place an order when something catches my eye. I haven't unwrapped the ones from my latest order yet, so this time I'll just present some of my old favourites.

Volumes 2, 3a and 3b of a great doujin anthology series:
Spoiler for images:

Some favourite Rena covers:
Spoiler for images:

A slightly NSFW Rena cover - pixelized/censored:
Spoiler for NSFW image:

More next time.
Dou...Jinshi?

Where'd you get Higurashi doujinshi's,I never heard of Higurashi doujins! They sound awesome even though I have no idea what they're plots are.
Old 2008-09-13, 16:23   Link #349
tobiast88
No patience for fools

You buy them in Japan. Most of them are dumb fluff.
Old 2008-09-13, 23:00   Link #350
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

Fluff? :/ What type of fluff,like pairing fluff?I saw a few Higurashi translated doujinshi's on a website...They were fluffy cute :P ...? Are those doujin's fluffy-cute too XD ?
Old 2008-09-14, 04:00   Link #351
Meirin
Locked Girl

Re: doujinshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiast88 View Post
You buy them in Japan. Most of them are dumb fluff.
You obviously don't read much doujinshi.

The term doujinshi refers to self-published works, usually in manga or novel (fanfiction) formats.

I hope you realise that 07th Expansion is a doujin circle and the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni that Ryukishi07 have created is a doujin game.

Doujinshi ramble, feel free to skip:
----
From wikipedia: Dōjinshi is derived from dōjin (同人, literally "same person", used to refer to a person or persons with whom one shares a common goal or interest) and shi (誌, a contraction of zasshi, meaning "magazine").

Doujinshi themselves actually come in all sorts of genres and formats. While there are indeed some "dumb fluff" stories and various canon/yaoi/yuri romantic pairings, a great number of them are in fact original series, 4koma/gag works (with humour easily rivaling Lucky Star and Minami-ke), ero/adult works and some doujins have storylines and artwork that even excel the official series (Studio Kimigabuchi's RE-TAKE series, a re-telling of Evangelion, comes to mind).

Many famous mangaka started out as doujin artists (CLAMP, Takahashi Rumiko, Monkey Punch, etc) and quite a few produce their own official doujinshi in order to tell side stories and provide additional information about the series and characters they have created, outside of the control of the publishing industry. The very first doujinshi I own, back in the 1990's, was one such work (made by CLAMP, for their own series). Another example would be Remix Gravitation by Murakami Maki (hardcore yaoi that did not feature in her Gravition series).

These days unofficial doujinshi can have a great influence over the fandom, and sometimes even the original work. Many fans of Doraemon deem the (in)famous doujinshi published in 2005 to be the story's true ending (the original mangaka died before finishing the work and the official story was left unfinished). The works of Type-Moon and ZUN/Team Shanghai Alice (creator of Touhou) are deeply influenced by doujin works.
----

To get back on topic, for the Higurashi series there are several official doujin manga. How is this the case? Well, these stories were created by doujin artists but then released by the manga publishing industry in several anthologies. While I do not consider these stories to be part of the canon storyline, they still add to the series in their own way, and could be considered glimpses of all the other worlds Rika encountered on her journey. The 4koma range in particular is comedy gold.

Some of the doujin works listed on the 07th Expansion website include:
Spoiler for image:

So yes, there are both official and unofficial/self-published Higurashi doujinshi available. One of the major appeals of the Higurashi series is the horror/mystery aspect, and some of these doujin works have been able to capture exactly that. I've flipped through doujin anthologies where a moe~ moment was directly followed by a full page of bloodsoaked Rena holding a machete. To me, that's staying very true to the original series.

Ryuugu-chan, you can order the official anthologies from several online vendors, including Amazon.co.jp. As for the unofficial doujinshi, most are released at Comiket and then make their way into various manga stores across Japan and online. Despite Higurashi's worldwide popularity, in recent years only a handle of new works are released at each comike event, compared to the hoards of releases for series such as Gundam, Code Geass, Haruhi, Nanoha and Lucky Star. Because of this, I'd like to encourage Higurashi fans to actually purchase physical copies and support these doujin circles, so that they may continue to produce more fanworks, although I realise this is not always possible due to monetary or language-barrier problems. If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Last edited by Meirin; 2008-09-14 at 05:07. Reason: more info added
Old 2008-09-19, 00:16   Link #352
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Third PV for Higurashi no Nakukoru ni Kizuna: Dai-Ni-Kan - Sou
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1218154_1407.html
Old 2008-09-20, 04:03   Link #353
KoiYuki

They sell tons of Higurashi doujins at my local Mitsuwa. I own the fourth one down on the left in that image Meirin posted. It's actually sitting on my desk, really. XD

The books seem to just be a collection of short Higurashi one-shots by different artists.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:11   Link #354
ayukanon45
Doujin Music Composer

Send a message via MSN to ayukanon45
okay, got a new camera, going to be uploading Higurashi No Naku Koroni Tsumihoroboshi-Hen Novel Pics
Old 2008-09-25, 10:58   Link #355
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

You know what? yes, an another PV of Higurashi 2 DS...
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/108/108303/

Well and character for Daybreak
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/108/108323/
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1218278_1407.html

Hannyu
Old 2008-09-25, 14:50   Link #356
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

Chibi Hanyuu's so cute!
..But their's something odd about that chibi Rika..Wait,can Rika even be chibi?
Old 2008-09-25, 21:16   Link #357
Meri-chan
アイドルになりたい

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post
Chibi Hanyuu's so cute!
..But their's something odd about that chibi Rika..Wait,can Rika even be chibi?
Double moe?
Old 2008-09-26, 10:38   Link #358
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
You know what? yes, an another PV of Higurashi 2 DS...
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/108/108303/
Oh. My. God.
Does anyone know what the name of the song is ? (Is the singer Itou Kanako ?)
Old 2008-09-26, 13:20   Link #359
Hareoic
There will be burgers

T-shirts:
http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/98844
http://www.otamap.net/83_3188.html
Old 2008-09-27, 13:54   Link #360
cereal_killerxx

o.o anyone know where I can find a keiichi plush doll? or perhaps a figurine?
Closed Thread