AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 61 35.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 69 39.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 16.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 5.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.58%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-04, 11:16   Link #61
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
Oh wow, the song that plays during Clare's bath is freaking gorgeous. I want the OST already. Art was great and Ilene RULES. I love her SO MUCH and she SMILED fdjgmdfgdg. Not to mention OPHELIA she is PERFECTION safjaosdasdd KEYBOARD SMASH. TT______________TT

Satsuki Yukino as Rafaela struck me as damn weird, but I got used to it after a couple of sentences. This role made me appreciate the VA more, since its lifelessness is so different from her other roles. It makes me sad that they dropped Ilene's "Fate chooses its own path" line, though. It's one of the things that made the scene awesome for me in the manga. The part where Ilene said she was jealous of Teresa, too. But I guess they can't follow the manga exactly. -shrug- This episode gets a 9 from me, and that doesn't happen too often.

BTW, did anyone else find the part where Clare lets her hair down and it gets shorter highly amusing? That hairstyle always baffled me.

Oh, and I second the Ophelia's brother = Raki notion. Creepy.
I agree the "jealous of Teresa" line would've been nice. I think they made up for it with the smile she gave Clare though.
Old 2007-07-04, 11:16   Link #62
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
And the monster killed Ophe's brother is very like Pricilla. So Clare and Ophelia have same emeny but they don't know that.
Uhh, they do. Watch the episode again. o_o
Old 2007-07-04, 11:18   Link #63
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

A good episode. Great to see a bit of Ophelia's "nice" side. Previously I thought she was a boring character, but this episode changed that. Clare continues to rock it up. And I hope Irene is alright. ;.; Though I have my doubts. =p
Old 2007-07-04, 11:39   Link #64
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

So...Mourning ;_; Oh so ronery....looks like Clare is a weakling.

So? The Lock Ness Monster is Ophelia?

So..Does that mean that an awakened doesn`t know he awakened?
Old 2007-07-04, 11:45   Link #65
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Eh...I'm hoping Irene is still around. I think there's still a case to be made in that regard...

Spoiler for THIS IS AN EPISODE 14 SPOILER:
Old 2007-07-04, 11:49   Link #66
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
So..Does that mean that an awakened doesn`t know he awakened?
No, Ophelia's just in denial.
Old 2007-07-04, 12:01   Link #67
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Yeah...Iīm pretty sure she was in "denial" alright...hugging Clare and that sort of thing...
Old 2007-07-04, 12:02   Link #68
Lendial

irene just skyrocketed up in terms of likeness. She gives clare her own friggin remaining arm, teaches her flash sword, and offers morale support. so sad it seems she was killed moments later.

they did the same damn thing with ophelia, made her likeable, then axed her.

ophelia's brother reminded me alot of raki.
Old 2007-07-04, 12:03   Link #69
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
holy shit, that leather Irene is wearing looks HOT AS HELL!!

I need to get my hands on it and make my girlfriend wear it lol.
Old 2007-07-04, 12:16   Link #70
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Ophelia was definately in denial. She tried to rationalize why she would be hungry, with a preference for human guts, and the truth only hit her once she noticed her reflection in the water. Shame about Irene, but it looks like she played her part and won't be pulling another houdini.
Old 2007-07-04, 12:30   Link #71
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Ophelia was definately in denial. She tried to rationalize why she would be hungry, with a preference for human guts, and the truth only hit her once she noticed her reflection in the water. Shame about Irene, but it looks like she played her part and won't be pulling another houdini.
Well they haven't shown her actually dying so it's always possible she might return someday!
Old 2007-07-04, 12:34   Link #72
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Well animated and great pacing. I enjoyed it. Well, guess there goes my sensual, cool and calm Irene/Ilena. Hahahhaha.
Old 2007-07-04, 13:08   Link #73
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah considering how much Ophelia hates awakened ones it's not surprising she'd completely deny it. Even going to the level of wanting guts but they don't have to be human just the closer the better right .

Really felt bad for most of that fight for Irene. Another classy character that bites the dust. Seems pretty classless to go at someone who can't even fight back. Even Irene wasn't sure she'd win with two arms, but I'd be one who would've liked to see her try. Maybe those who saw the manga will have a better view but I'm not exactly a fan of Raphaela right now. Strange I'd admit that once again you don't see what happens to Irene. But at best all she could do was run and run and hope she got away. Maybe they just didn't want us to see Irene get killed when she couldn't do anything to fight back.

Possible I guess she already knew that something like this would happen. After beating Ophelia her suppressed yoki would be detectable again so she put all that effort into training Clare. Even giving up her arm since she didn't think she'd beat whoever came after her. It's too bad to see her go really.
Old 2007-07-04, 13:12   Link #74
Lendial

they dont actualy show her dying so theres might be some plotdevice that allows her to live as unlikely as it is.

rafaela is aparently very strong, much stronger than her rank suggests. irene could aparantly sense it with just a glance.
Old 2007-07-04, 13:17   Link #75
Claymore_Obsessed

All hail Irene! ^^
your awesomeness is only equal to your bad luck... ;_;
Old 2007-07-04, 13:54   Link #76
ArmisaelXVIII

I liked this episode, but still I have to says that the events in this arc (both manga/anime) seemed a little unnatural and forced. In this EP, like when Raphaela showed up. That's too much to asume that Ophelia and Clare were sent coincidentally near from where Irene lives, and that Raphaela was there too. It would be more natural, if she had been sent to watch the outcome of the mission, but once there, she found Irene and ended her previous mission of looking for her and execute her...

The reaction of the awakened Ophelia seems a lot more loyal to her brother, than priscilla towards her family. In fact Ophelia really seems more human than before...

I didn't want Irene to die u.u I don't see her coming out alive of that situation. In the anime Irene implies somewhat that even if she has both arms she may not be able to go against raphaela (perhaps the past Irene could). In the manga that is not pointed out.

That would mean that Raphaela is Nš5 for some special reason, or that the other top five (Ophelia doesn't count :x) are stronger than Irene. May be the current Nš1 is near Teresa's level, or even higher, but probably not near Priscilla's one.

Old 2007-07-04, 14:04   Link #77
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

She also asked about Clare. I find it strange that Rafaela found Irene there.

Infact. We can say that Rafaela was sent to verify if Clare died or to finish her off.

Why do I have this idea? Well let`s just say that the last part of "Mordor or whatever that place is" with lightnings and thunders as Rubel fixed his glasses. Made be feel weird considering the place Rubel was.

Yeah.

They know something about Clare that we donīt. And that Clare herself doesn`t.

Clare may be a walking time bomb. I mean we all know that Claymores awaken so they send the Black card before awakening.

Why giving so much trouble to the weakest? Something is fishy! Now I really want to see the next episode
Old 2007-07-04, 14:54   Link #78
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

All I have to say about this episode is that Ophelia was so much less annoying and boring when she was just a sadistic psychopath.

Old 2007-07-04, 14:57   Link #79
Rotton the Wizard
head slam magnet v. 2.0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Woah, that was a pretty badass and inspiring video.

I really hope that Irene isn't dead. That would make her whole "Don't worry; I don't die easily" line pointless. The last thing I want to see is Clare standing in front of Irene's gravestone and cutting off her borrowed arm at the end of manga, as that would be too depressing.

What I hope will happen instead is that Irene will do a "flash kick" to Rafaela's good eye, then awaken both of her legs and run the hell out of there until she is well outside of Rafaela's Yoki sensing radius, hopefully without any other Claymores nearby.

Now that would be awesome.
Old 2007-07-04, 15:06   Link #80
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I wish Rafaela was wearing an eyepatch.