AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-11-10, 23:35   Link #141
kiramuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Gundam Wing: All bow to the awesomeness that is the Wing Gundam Zero. Has *any* gundam ever recorded such large-scale destruction so as to detonate several colonies before? Doubt it.
*cough* *cough* The ∀Gundam.
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 00:15   Link #142
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Except Turn A is a travesty, along the same lines of Dragonball GT and we should do our best to forget that silly mustache gundam and Tomino's final attempt at running the gundam series into the ground.
Old 2007-11-11, 00:19   Link #143
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
1) Gundam 00

way...

way...

way...

way down...

1000) Gundam SEED
1001) Gundam SEED Destiny

You really are trying hard. :P
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 05:03   Link #144
She-Chan
Anime no Tono
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to She-Chan
1)Gundam SEED Destiny
2)Gundam SEED
3)Gundam Wing
She-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 05:09   Link #145
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Revised my list :O

Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory: The most epic 13 episodes I've ever seen. Gato's kamikaze death scream is probably among the greatest Gundam moments ever.

Zeta Gundam: GOGO GUNDAM TEAM! I've been re-watching the Gundam SEED Destiny Special Edition movies, and I'm just realizing how much they borrowed from Zeta. For such an old show, there are a LOT of very complex character interactions. Very nice series.

Gundam SEED: The first Gundam I REALLY REALLY liked. Rau Le Creuset will be the most despicable villain in the Gundam metaseries for years to come.

Gundam 00: Even if it's Gundam Wing 2.0, it's still Gundam Wing done right!
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 07:50   Link #146
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicX_Zero View Post
You really are trying hard. :P
I just really, really despise Kira Yamato. Almost all the characters I like kill their enemies on a regular basis and have little to no problem with it.

Last edited by Geass; 2007-11-11 at 12:03.
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 01:34   Link #147
kiramuro

Quote:
Except Turn A is a travesty, along the same lines of Dragonball GT and we should do our best to forget that silly mustache gundam and Tomino's final attempt at running the gundam series into the ground.
Quote:
Gundam Wing: All bow to the awesomeness that is the Wing Gundam Zero. .
Um pot calling kettle black!
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 05:16   Link #148
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Errr............why does almost everyone hates GSD?Yeah sure GS is better than GSD,but i thought it wasn't that bad.There are only a few things i dont like about GSD,that is Shinn's arrogant attitude,Athrun's constant advice that Shinn didnt really give a damn,too many flashbacks and the seemingly stoic looking Kira(maybe Kira has mature,so i guess that can be overlooked).GS and GW is equally good for me,though i hope for something more between Heero and Relena

And actually,i have a problem with those guys who cried at GS and GSD.When they cry,it's like they are shouting and really trying hard to cry instead of letting it out naturally.It hurts my ears everytime Jesus yamato and Shinn cries.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 05:30   Link #149
Valashu

[QUOTE=Zero Shinohara;538908]THAT's why you like GW better.

Anyway, watch GS. Stay away from GSD if you want your life to stay complete.

Well actually i started with Gundam Seed, and it really is 1 of the best anime in general ive ever seen. I was in tears when ep 50 was finished. But then there was Gundam Seed Destiny. I could see everyone again, what they did after the war ended. And Kiras mayor Comeback!! the fact that he actually still had Freedom... nice.
anyways u and many other peeps thinks destiny is bad?? seriously whats so bad about it?
Valashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 06:25   Link #150
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Peopla hate GSD because of Kira Yamato <_<. That guy has lived for too long, more than he deserves.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 07:26   Link #151
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Peopla hate GSD because of Kira Yamato <_<. That guy has lived for too long, more than he deserves.
What do you expect from an Ultimate Coordinator?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 09:39   Link #152
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
Errr............why does almost everyone hates GSD?
I doubt that is really the case with "almost everyone", its just people who hate GSD to an extent are far more vocal than those people who just find the series to be okay. The series is hated for various conflicting reasons and this led to really fugly flame wars in the past.
Old 2007-11-13, 16:08   Link #153
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
What do you expect from an Ultimate Coordinator?
"Ultimate Coordinator" is not equal to nor synonymous with "invinceable."
Old 2007-11-13, 16:24   Link #154
Bocca
Banned

I like GX, I can't see why it was cancelled....it's not boring as people have said.
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 16:33   Link #155
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocca View Post
I like GX, I can't see why it was cancelled....it's not boring as people have said.
Yes, it is massively underrated. Iirc, its cancellation wasn't due to popularity issues per se. Sunrise had been airing 3-4 straight years of Gundam, and not to mention GX got shifted to an early Saturday morning timeslot which I heard made it harder for some people to watch it. It's a great series and doesn't deserve the flak it gets, although thankfully there aren't so many people who are smacking it now.
Old 2007-11-13, 17:46   Link #156
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
not to mention GX got shifted to an early Saturday morning timeslot which I heard made it harder for some people to watch it. It's a great series and doesn't deserve the flak it gets, although thankfully there aren't so many people who are smacking it now.
Wasn't it shifted to a Saturday timeslot because of the low ratings it got?
Old 2007-11-13, 17:48   Link #157
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
GSD the series is indeed pretty bad, but I dunno... I've been rewatching the compilation movies, and they're actually done quite well, even if there's a hole here and there.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 19:20   Link #158
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicX_Zero View Post
Wasn't it shifted to a Saturday timeslot because of the low ratings it got?
That's kind of what I meant. After 3-4 straight years of Gundam (i.e., Bandai milking Gundam too much(, people started to get a bit tired of it and didn't take as much interest in GX, resulting in the shift, which made it harder for the people who did want to twatch it to be able to watch it, and from there it just snowballed.

It's a series that did not deserve to be cancelled at all, in terms of quality. Heck, even with the cancelled ending version, it was still a great ending, and while the rushing to get it done shows, it still works great.
Old 2007-11-13, 19:58   Link #159
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
GSD the series is indeed pretty bad, but I dunno... I've been rewatching the compilation movies, and they're actually done quite well, even if there's a hole here and there.
The movies remove a lot of the annoyances of the TV episodes, especially the later ones where it's like half of each episode was just worthless scenes they came up with while taking a dump to fill out the entire episode between the scenes that really matter. No one will ever give those movies a chance since GSD is largely considered a colossal failure among fans, but having translated all 4 of those movies, I can vouch that the dialogue changes were extremely well done. Durandal's megalomania is much more apparent and the Archangel crew's hypocrisy is downplayed quite a bit. Their rationale for fighting is much less selfish in the movie version. And the biggest improvement in my mind is that since Fukuda stated before the movies even came out that Athrun is the lead character, so Shinn's failure to develop as most lead characters in Gundam do is a complete non issue since he no longer has that role.

The movies really did fix absolutely everything they could without altering the plot of the show. It's still not a perfect show, but you can at least watch the movies and not hate it. They even changed some of the repetitive battle scenes.
Old 2007-11-16, 05:10   Link #160
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Errr............why does almost everyone hates GSD?Yeah sure GS is better than GSD,but i thought it wasn't that bad.There are only a few things i dont like about GSD,that is Shinn's arrogant attitude,Athrun's constant advice that Shinn didnt really give a damn,too many flashbacks and the seemingly stoic looking Kira(maybe Kira has mature,so i guess that can be overlooked).GS and GW is equally good for me,though i hope for something more between Heero and Relena

And actually,i have a problem with those guys who cried at GS and GSD.When they cry,it's like they are shouting and really trying hard to cry instead of letting it out naturally.It hurts my ears everytime Jesus yamato and Shinn cries.
Yeah, Gundam crying is terrible. I think the reason people don't like Destiny, at least in my opinion, is that they just don't do that good of a job on it. When I first saw Destiny, I enjoyed it, and thought it was great, but I bought Zeta about a month later, and it killed Destiny for me, mainly because many characters, events, and a few mechs (Akatsuki - Hyaku Shiki) were directly ripped off of Zeta.
SEED was a god show. It started out as a rehash of 0079, but eventually became something more distinct, but Destiny didn't really do that at all.

I do know a few prominent comparisons...
Spoiler:

Those are all the similarities I could find. While they weren't that big of a deal, and many sections of Destiny were unique, with similar characters in different positions and things like that, but when I saw these similarities in Zeta, it just kinda ruined Destiny for me. That and the amount of reused action shots really bugged me. If I had a dime for every time I saw Legend fire it's dragoons/funnels, I'd probably be rich. Everyone else is welcome to think what they want, but Destiny is just a flashy Zeta clone with overly emotional characters.

That being said, Zeta is my favorite series. I took everything I liked from Destiny, and showed me how it should've been. It's darker, grittier, and much more depressing when it's all over, but you leave with so much more than you did before you saw it.

...Alright, I'll shut up now.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote