AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-19, 01:32   Link #5421
kenjtr

I think when takeda is about to die tsuji shinnouke will save him , jujutsu child will save kisara , thor may save freya etc.. elder already knew this so he was prepared for it , i actually think old men in the mountains who trained tsuji can be elder .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 06:40   Link #5422
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
I think the amusement park IS the "training." It wouldn't be the first time Takeda's master deliberately threw him into a deadly situation with murderous opponents just for the sake (as stated at least) to "improve his skills." Remember when Takeda's master suddenly showed up, Mafia in tow went up to Takeda and Kenichi's group and said something along the lines of "this is my disciple and friends. Takeda, go beat these guys up for me."

As for protecting Miu, it's a chivalry thing. It's a nice motivation for Kenichi to improve his skills, that's all.
I doubt Shiba knew about Yami's plan to send Yomi to the amusement park.
Besides, Takeda lost to Lugh before, without giving him any advice Shiba sends his disciple to the amusement park for a rematch?
Unlikely, unless we get a flashback how Shiba gave Takeda some disguised tips.
Old 2012-11-19, 09:19   Link #5423
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Think I'm going to re-start this from the beginning. Hopefully, by the time I'm caught up the plot will have moved somewhere. Looks like it may finally be really starting up again with Shinpaku fighting again, but I know it's most likely going to go on for several months before all these fights are wrapped up and I really can't read action mangas on a weekly basis as they start to bore me after a while (and why I enjoy Be'elzebub so much-- it never drags things out too long).

Hopefully, Kenichi will actually get some growth out of this instead of him always going back to the status quo of being Miu's bitch. We'll see. I kind of gave up hope after the last arc where nothing changed. It's been far too long since Shinpaku has had the spotlight with the Masters coming in to constantly overshadow them. It's about damn time.
Old 2012-11-22, 17:23   Link #5424
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
RIMIMIMIMI~

Damn, she's just adorable.
Old 2012-11-22, 17:53   Link #5425
Awrya
U mad?

So Berserker is capable of Seikuken? Against Hermit it seems like he's a Dou-type, so is he another character that has both Dou and Sei?
Old 2012-11-22, 18:23   Link #5426
KLGChaos
The Shermain

If Berserker wins this, especially after what we saw with Miu, it's going to confirm to me that Talent means more than hard work. After all, a talented person can choose to work hard, but a hard worker can't choose to be talented.

Seriously, what can Kenichi do against someone who's talented and puts in as much work as he does?
Old 2012-11-22, 18:37   Link #5427
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post

Seriously, what can Kenichi do against someone who's talented and puts in as much work as he does?
The only logical conclusion is plot armour > talent+hard work.
Old 2012-11-22, 18:55   Link #5428
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The only logical conclusion is plot armour > talent+hard work.
Yeah, which is a horrible way to write a character, honestly. It'll probably come down to the "power of spirit" or some other lame device like that.
Old 2012-11-22, 19:01   Link #5429
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Yeah, which is a horrible way to write a character, honestly. It'll probably come down to the "power of spirit" or some other lame device like that.
More than likely. It kinda depends on how well it's done.
Old 2012-11-22, 19:05   Link #5430
Shadow5YA

Quote:
If Berserker wins this, especially after what we saw with Miu, it's going to confirm to me that Talent means more than hard work. After all, a talented person can choose to work hard, but a hard worker can't choose to be talented.

Somehow I doubt Berserker puts in as much work as Kenichi does.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 19:36   Link #5431
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
So Berserker is capable of Seikuken? Against Hermit it seems like he's a Dou-type, so is he another character that has both Dou and Sei?
Maybe not. During the Okinawa arc, Miu was shown to be capable of Seikuken, she just can't use Ryuusui Seikuken because she's a Dou. It's probably the same with Berserker, and he developed his own version. How audacious. Man, Kenichi's in for the fight of his life.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 19:58   Link #5432
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well...Kenichi vs Berserker is simply pure Talent vs Training...Genius vs Hard-worker...and so on. I'll be honest, this was a fight I wanted to see for a long time now.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 21:02   Link #5433
ellifeedn
Thinker

The fight we've been waiting for since the first incarnation of the manga.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 10:03   Link #5434
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Remember, Kenichi has a talent for hard work!
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 14:02   Link #5435
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Berserker vs Kenichi fight was destined. The original Kenichi manga even had it as the climax of the story.

Hard Work vs Talent in its purest form.
Old 2012-11-23, 14:30   Link #5436
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Luckily they had Kenichi vs Berzerker's scene first before Freya's scene. ...damn that rear view was glorious...

AND WHEN DO WE GET MORE OVAS!!? HOW DARE THEY SHY AWAY FROM THE GLORIOUS UNDERTAKING OF ANIMATING KUSHINADA!?!?!?
Old 2012-11-25, 13:04   Link #5437
Simonsy

So what is the deal with this thing http://img.mangastream.com/m/8/49232...9c7401beb4.jpg

Is this some poster coming out for special winners of something? Is it look how it is, or those weird things that dissapear in water?
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:00   Link #5438
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ooooh wow, that Odin/Freya scene will produce much innuendo...

Then the last scene of the chapter...XDDD
"Wai~ It's gold~!"
Old 2012-11-30, 09:47   Link #5439
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Not much going on this chapter. We already knew Ryuuto wanted to talk.

The whole Miu and Rimi fight is lame. Miu the Mary Sue vs Rimi the Annoying (I really can't stand her.. she has zero development and is way too fond of saying her own name). There was no sense of tension with the fight, either, especially with Miu chasing after the shoes. The Masters would have beat down Kenichi for letting himself get distracted by something like that.

I guess we can expect this to be more comedy than actual fighting. Kind of strange considering the whole purpose is for Yomi to murder Shinpaku.

I remember when each fight was a lesson to Kenichi, for him to learn something. So many of his recent fights have seemed pointless. Even his rematch against Koukin, while a nice fight, didn't really give Kenichi any development.
Old 2012-11-30, 14:03   Link #5440
ShiroiRyu

This ending was gold.

Tags
shounen