AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-19, 18:27   Link #101
n0m@n
C-Z

Seriously. 8-bits are doing Tokyo Raven and IS besides this next season.
They must have lots of budget and man power.
Old 2013-07-19, 22:08   Link #102
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Seriously. 8-bits are doing Tokyo Raven and IS besides this next season.
They must have lots of budget and man power.
It seems like IS has been in the works since forever. I mean if you base it off just the preview I haven't seen a difference between animation compare to the original IS. I'm guessing they made it. The author got axed from the publisher it was put on hold. Light novel came back so they announced it. Other than that, it really wouldn't justify the fact that the animation isn't different at all.

They might not have the budget or man power. Maybe they'll all come out bad... you never know. Especially with VN ecchi adaptions, they don't usually tend to try as hard. But from how Ricotta has been advertising who knows . Probably TR will suffer.
Old 2013-07-19, 22:36   Link #103
relentlessflame

*Administrator

It's worth pointing out that the "Animation Production" role is mostly about project coordinating (i.e. this is where the animation planning meetings happen), and having multiple projects usually means you have substantially different core teams working on each project (since each show has its own set of financiers paying for work). It's not like the same people are doing "triple-duty" all of a sudden. Besides, a lot of anime is outsourced in the first place, so it's not like they were ever going to do the shows entirely "in-house". And, as was alluded to, all airing in the same season doesn't necessarily mean that they're on overlapping schedules either.

So, in the end, it probably really doesn't mean all that much, and probably isn't much of a cause for concern.
Old 2013-07-20, 03:45   Link #104
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

But still only big studios like J.C.Staff, Sunrise or Production I.G. for example could allow themselves to use enough staff for 3 or more TV series running simultaneously cause it still needs money, coordination and opportunity to hire enough.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 05:35   Link #105
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
But still only big studios like J.C.Staff, Sunrise or Production I.G. for example could allow themselves to use enough staff for 3 or more TV series running simultaneously cause it still needs money, coordination and opportunity to hire enough.
Nah, that's not necessarily true. Their job is basically project management. The director and writer may not even work for the studio (hired by the production committee), and they may outsource a lot of the actual animation work too. So, really, it's not the size of the studio as much as it's the way they manage work, and their main job is basically to coordinate people and deadlines. It's doable even for a small team, if you have the right people with the right experience and contacts.
Old 2013-07-20, 05:46   Link #106
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

But still. Statistics say opposite. Only big studios make more than 2 series per season.
Old 2013-07-20, 05:54   Link #107
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
But still. Statistics say opposite. Only big studios make more than 2 series per season.
I think it's the opposite: people consider studios "big" based on the amount of anime they produce at a time, whether or not the studio is actually big by the numbers. For example, J.C.Staff has 130 employees and has done up to 6 or 7 shows in a single season before, whereas Kyoto Animation also has about 130 employees and only really airs one season at a time, because their processes are different. You can pull similar examples from the other studios (though the official website doesn't list the amount of employees 8-bit has). Of course, the more well-known studios may attract more talent and thus have the expertise to do more shows, but it's not like it's just the size of the company that matters.

Anyway, this is sort of a side-topic, and shouldn't really affect this show in the end.
Old 2013-07-20, 07:06   Link #108
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Still people hesitating about animation quality than the small studio tries to pull a lot of shows simultaneously is not surprising.
Old 2013-07-20, 07:23   Link #109
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I was never going to expect incredible production qualities for eroge adaptations in the first place, so i don't think it should matter that much how many projects 8-bits are doing the next season.

Also the anime is still most likely used to promote the "more and more" fandisc because the fandisc was announced last year but it got a specific release date after the announcement of the anime. It doesn't seem a coincidence that the release and airing date of both are in october
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 17:56   Link #110
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Hmm, got a question here, it's safe to say this animé adaptation will obviously a lot more tamer than its AVN version, but has any other series stayed the same as its AVN version besides YNS? Just curious because I don't know which version the people prefer more.
Old 2013-07-20, 18:13   Link #111
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Hmm, got a question here, it's safe to say this animé adaptation will obviously a lot more tamer than its AVN version, but has any other series stayed the same as its AVN version besides YNS? Just curious because I don't know which version the people prefer more.
Well, the biggest problem with eroge adaptations isn't the "erotic content" as much as it's the short episode count. This game is probably about a 30-50 hour game (depending on how fast you read), spread over 4 different routes, so there's no way to squeeze that into 12/13 24-minute episodes. Either you do an omnibus approach (like YnS did) and each route is super-compressed, or you try to merge things into a single timeline and the romantic development tends to get watered down as they try to squeeze content from every other route into the story (so it ends up seeming even more like a "harem" than the original game did, where each route was mutually exclusive).

I generally like eroge adaptations well enough for what they are... but they're pretty limited in what they can do. The original games are pretty much always more complete. This is totally aside the issue of what version is "more tame".

Spoiler for Comparison to YnS:
Old 2013-07-20, 18:41   Link #112
Drkz

Quote:
Minus the ero its mainly about jousting so yeah it should be pretty tame. No riding from any princesses this time. Uh.. Maybe shuffle? Maybe not.
Old 2013-07-20, 19:07   Link #113
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Minus the ero its mainly about jousting so yeah it should be pretty tame. No riding from any princesses this time. Uh.. Maybe shuffle? Maybe not.
Intended riding since it's about jousting of course. The desired riding of the princesses, not likely.
Old 2013-07-20, 21:35   Link #114
Mazryonh

Quote:
Intended riding since it's about jousting of course. The desired riding of the princesses, not likely.
Who knows? After Yosuga No Sora upped the ante by showing bits and pieces of the "riding" of the heroines, some may want to try and match the standard it set.

And one additional disappointment I think you're going to encounter will be when heroines ride horses at speed. Normally that would result in the usual "bouncing animations" for the heroines as the horses move, but since they'll be wearing plate armour for their chests during the jousting matches, that won't be visible for those who like that kind of animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Either you do an omnibus approach (like YnS did) and each route is super-compressed, or you try to merge things into a single timeline and the romantic development tends to get watered down as they try to squeeze content from every other route into the story (so it ends up seeming even more like a "harem" than the original game did, where each route was mutually exclusive).

Spoiler for Comparison to YnS:
Pardon me, some kind souls came out with game route summaries for Amagami and PhotoKano when their respective anime adaptation aired, but no one was quite so forthcoming for YnS. Do you know of any resources in English that summarizes the original game's routes without the compression the anime had?

And some of us do like the "heavy romantic dramas" that are well done.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 21:42   Link #115
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
And some of us do like the "heavy romantic dramas" that are well done.
I wasn't trying to imply that I didn't like it myself. It was only comparing why they made certain choices for one show and why they might not make the same choices for this one.

And I'm not sure if someone made summaries of the game routes, but I guess you can try a search. It's been too long since I've played it, myself.
Old 2013-07-20, 23:01   Link #116
MAX_COLA_POWER!

@Maz: I think the lack of bouncing is expected since they do wear armor^^;;.

@flame: Sorry if my question cause some trouble for you . It's not that I expect Walkure to take YnS's route, I know it'll be good without the need for those types of scenes, even though if by some surprise they decide to take that route then more power to them. I made YnS an example because like Maz said, in spite of all the thematic stuff, you respected the fact that they were that ballsy by showing love scenes like that outside of DVD and Bluray, and I miss that element from YnS, kinda the reason when I saw the animé adaptation of Dakara H dekinai being from the same animators, I kinda had some hope, even though I knew that the main material was much more toned down.
Old 2013-07-20, 23:43   Link #117
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

For most of the VN's it's not necessary to make all routes. Just that they want to satisfy fans of other heroines making it look like harem.

And if talking about 18+ VN adaptations there ero was left in some way you could remember EF ~A Tale of Memories~ and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. It's no compassion to YnS but at least they didn't make it look like there was no sex scenes in the story at all.
Old 2013-07-21, 01:47   Link #118
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Great news. I'm all for this anime adaptation. And unlike other people, i liked Princess Lover.

I hope we can have a Celia ending for the anime, not a [default-childhoodfriend] ending.
Unfortunately that is the typical route they go...the "default" or essentially the poster-girl heroine for the series always gets the focus and all the other heroines get shafted. I know some people hate it, but I prefer the omnibus format that shows like Amagami SS adapted. It gives a chance for all heroines to have their story told. Omnibus format could be a disaster if the pacing is off though. Photo Kano's anime wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be - it felt too rushed to me, and that I think is an example of horrible omnibus-style adaptations of VNs.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 09:42   Link #119
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Unfortunately that is the typical route they go...the "default" or essentially the poster-girl heroine for the series always gets the focus and all the other heroines get shafted. I know some people hate it, but I prefer the omnibus format that shows like Amagami SS adapted. It gives a chance for all heroines to have their story told. Omnibus format could be a disaster if the pacing is off though. Photo Kano's anime wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be - it felt too rushed to me, and that I think is an example of horrible omnibus-style adaptations of VNs.
Hmm, I think that is the only that company could pull something like that off. If you go mainly by text a traditional VN is pretty long and when they animate it they're already dumbing it down tremendously. Pretty hard to give something plot development with only 1-3 episodes. More likely they'd get bashed hard.
Old 2013-07-21, 09:56   Link #120
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Both Amagami and PhotoKano are not exactly like the usual VN (especially not the latter), because both games are probably closer to the old style dating sim (like the tokimemo series) in which you had a menu in which you had (the opportunity) to meet the girl of your liking instead going into routes based on choices.

Making an adaptation of that is probably less restricting (plotwise) than the usual VN
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, jousting, knights, romance