AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-25, 19:30   Link #161
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

I think Shino is a rather good person, and Ovan is behaving like a puppetmaster. I think Haseo makes a more interesting character than Tsukasa, seeing that his time spent in The World is plagued by PKs.
Old 2006-04-25, 19:34   Link #162
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
I think Shino is a rather good person, and Ovan is behaving like a puppetmaster. I think Haseo makes a more interesting character than Tsukasa, seeing that his time spent in The World is plagued by PKs.
PKs make everything interesting . Where would we all be if everyone held hands and sang kumbaya.... a really boring (though arguably better, but cmon without war we wouldnt have cool games) world that's where.

Haseo also has that rebel streak that I like. Same with Zed from Kiba, I like when the character has a personality, not just some boring "i hate my life" (Shinji?) kind of person.
Old 2006-04-25, 19:43   Link #163
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, I can't help it either. I really like Haseo, but Shino, yuck!

I also miss Round Table featuring Nino. Maybe the powers to be will replace that Ali Project ED song with something better.
Old 2006-04-25, 20:36   Link #164
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Indeed, Haseo is a rebel. Even when he joins Twilight Brigade, he shows his rebellious side by insisting that he enters the @home by himself.

And it is this rebellious streak that drives him to keep playing even when the PKs keep trying to spoil his fun.

You may pelt me with stones, but I love Ali Project.
Old 2006-04-25, 23:42   Link #165
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
I actually do like all these characters. I like Haseo a lot more than Tsukasa. But, I just really don't like Shino.
I would be surprised if you didn't like Haseo more. I'm sorry but Tsukasa striked me for most of .hack//sign as an annoying whiner that was given a ridiculously overpowered cheat. But I guess I do have a preference for characters that have the potential or some type of fire in their character that makes them the fighting type.
Old 2006-04-26, 00:52   Link #166
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
woohoo the topic lives

iv just seen up to episode 12 or somehting of Hack/SIGN, if i had to compare yeh then i would go for Hasseo, he just gets more bad ass as the series go on thats why, im sure Roots will turn out great, after reading the first 2 chapters, i could upload some pics

Spoiler for Shino:
Old 2006-04-26, 03:03   Link #167
saikou

Yeah, Shino is definately no Subaru. But alas, Subaru-sama is gone, and there doesn't appear to be any organization resembling The Crimson Knights. Somehow, thinking of the differences between the two shows reminds me of a conversation that Ginkan and Mimiru had towards the end of SIGN. Ginkan finally put aside his snooty attitude, and we find out that this regulations-nazi is a rather pedestrian 20-something working a mundane part-time job. Characters like him and Sora were such contradictions between their real lives and their game lives. With the possible exception of TaN, we don't seem to have met anyone with that kind of potential. To me, Tawaraya seems to be a bumbling fool, but the general response to his meeting with Haseo on the streets of Mac Anu leads me to believe that he has some kind of grand reputation that we haven't learned of yet. But, for the love... Mr. Ovan needs a big revelation before everything is said and done...

Could Ovan be:

Kite (He would be older now)
Balmung (There is precident for his continued involvement)
Albiero (See above + he has interest in discovering more of the world's hidden things)
Helba / Ichiro Sato (S/he was a lot more blunt the last time around, if true...)
A lesser character from the game (Wiseman maybe?)

Maybe it would be lame, but I'd be interested in actually being shown the BBS which is mentioned.
Old 2006-04-26, 04:27   Link #168
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
GU sold like 12 million copies. Chances of Ovan being anyone we already know is not very high.
Old 2006-04-26, 04:29   Link #169
neoblackviper

question wts with the format i cant view it..

am i missing some codecs i can view .avi one but as ep 2 + ep 3 are not .avi i cant why?
Old 2006-04-26, 04:37   Link #170
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
GU sold like 12 million copies. Chances of Ovan being anyone we already know is not very high.
But what's the chance of Ovan being someone who has nothing to do with the past universe, yet know about the Key of Twilight?

The majority of people who knows anything about the Key of the Twilight, are the people we have already meet in the games, novels, anime, and manga. Pretty much no one else knows anything about the Twilight Artifacts except for rumours.

Unless Ovan is a game-AI, I consider his chances of being someone we've met before to be 9:1 odds.
Old 2006-04-26, 07:18   Link #171
kujoe
from head to heel

I might as well be the first to commit blasphemy and say that frankly, I'm glad Tsukasa and Subaru aren't included in this story. Those characters just bored the hell out of me, and if it wasn't for the main story and the supporting cast, I might have given up on SIGN entirely. And every time Subaru appeared, she gave me that feeling that her spine was about break or something... *dodges fireballs of wrath from fans*

But with regard to this series, I might actually like this more than SIGN—not that I like it that much anyway. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't in to it that much either—which also means I won't be having such high expectations for Roots based on it. Kind of like a clean view in other words... Moreover, this one has an OST that's not too overkill and I find the characters more interesting from the get-go.

On another note, someone commented from a while back that knowledge of previous .hack stories aren't that much of a prerequisite, but I just have to ask a noob question regarding the storyline from the games.

Spoiler:

Last edited by kujoe; 2006-04-26 at 07:31.
Old 2006-04-26, 08:00   Link #172
ryuusei

I'm wondering if anyone's kind enough to give me a subber comparison for this series please.
Old 2006-04-26, 11:33   Link #173
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoblackviper
question wts with the format i cant view it..

am i missing some codecs i can view .avi one but as ep 2 + ep 3 are not .avi i cant why?

donno why theyre not avi, maybe because the mkv is beter quality and has subs, im still waiting for avi releases for personal ripping use and just watch the mkv versions, i cant make moving avatars of the mkv version o.o; my Virtual Dub cant play them

episode 2 i was able to watch but my computer also failed at episode 3 eventhough i have all the codecs, i used VLC for it

Videolan Code can play it for sure
Old 2006-04-27, 16:46   Link #174
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
Spoiler for moe detailed about the future events:

When did Skeith appear in .hack//SIGN??
Old 2006-04-27, 18:05   Link #175
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi
When Sora gets D.D. ed.
Old 2006-04-28, 05:49   Link #176
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi
i think it was around the last episodes
i skipped through them but still hav to watch them completely, but hes in thats for sure, but not as pretty as he is as Hasseo though

Spoiler for beter admin looks, from manga scans:

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2006-04-28 at 11:25.
Old 2006-05-01, 05:44   Link #177
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I am sorry to be so late to the party.But I noticed something in ep4,they mention a statue of a person called aura in a shrine or something else.I don't remember sign very well,but I am 100% sure there was a statue in a shrine.ANd the chance it's the same place is very high.

oh well,You probably all know that.
I don't think saying tsukasa was boring is blasphemy because .....well.......he was.
Old 2006-05-01, 12:08   Link #178
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
I am sorry to be so late to the party.But I noticed something in ep4,they mention a statue of a person called aura in a shrine or something else.I don't remember sign very well,but I am 100% sure there was a statue in a shrine.ANd the chance it's the same place is very high.

oh well,You probably all know that.
I don't think saying tsukasa was boring is blasphemy because .....well.......he was.
Aura was the daughter of the first "The World" programmer and she was some kind of godness... she was the girl Tsukasa made to get up after a long sleep...
Old 2006-05-01, 13:09   Link #179
Winchester

OK, I've just seen episode four, and something is bugging me majorly about this whole thing: what's the big deal about PK:ing? In most games I've played, if you get PK:ed you just get up again afterwards, and possibly have to fetch your stuff on your corpse, same as if you've been killed by a monster. No biggie, just annoying.

What makes "The World" so different? Does it have global corpse looting or something? Or are people using hacks to do it that damage/destroy characters? Is it "hardcore" like Diablo II was? WHAT?

Because the upset at the end was pretty damned strange, IMHO...

SP
Old 2006-05-01, 15:44   Link #180
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester
OK, I've just seen episode four, and something is bugging me majorly about this whole thing: what's the big deal about PK:ing? In most games I've played, if you get PK:ed you just get up again afterwards, and possibly have to fetch your stuff on your corpse, same as if you've been killed by a monster. No biggie, just annoying.

What makes "The World" so different? Does it have global corpse looting or something? Or are people using hacks to do it that damage/destroy characters? Is it "hardcore" like Diablo II was? WHAT?

Because the upset at the end was pretty damned strange, IMHO...

SP
Well it depends on what happens when you die... perhaps you lose status, money and so on... anyway in .hack sign pked people suffered of physical injuries too...
Closed Thread