AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-10-26, 18:06   Link #4881
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Yeah, it's pretty awesome that the Witch Hunt is cool enough to do this.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 18:43   Link #4882
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
So my boyfriend downloaded EP6 from the new link, installed JP Applocale, and tried to install it on XP, but no matter what it does, he keeps getting the error message, "cannot open UMINEKOEP6.exe from archive."

Anyone got any non-vague installation instructions? I can normally install from the DVD, but he doesn't have it.
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 19:07   Link #4883
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

I think all you need to do is run the witchhunt patch, and it will do everything for you.
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 19:33   Link #4884
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Yea, we tried that, and got the error.
Old 2010-10-26, 20:01   Link #4885
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Maybe it's an incomplete download? I don't have a copy of UMINEKO6.exe on hand, but it should be around 1,688,206,000 bytes in size. If his file is a lot smaller, then that would explain it.

Uncle Mion
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 20:43   Link #4886
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Yea, he just told me the file he had was only 116 MB. I promptly smacked him and set him to redownloading. This is what happens when you hide information from your troubleshooter...
Old 2010-10-26, 20:49   Link #4887
Sheep_

Ok so I know ths may not be the best place to talk about downloads but I cant get ep 4 to run. Now Ive read the eps already it's just I need it on my computer for when I buy the PS3 port. ( so I can just read the translation while playing ) The files I have only have a iso file, so I can't just move the w-h folder to do the get around with eps 5+.

I can't switch my computer to Japanese I don't have the program files for any other setting then English.
Sheep_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 21:10   Link #4888
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

If you can't switch your computer to Japanese, you're boned. Fix that problem, first.
Old 2010-10-27, 06:22   Link #4889
Sheep_

Is there any work around other then switching setting? I don't have the disks to install Japanese or any other setting on my computer. (because the copy of xp I have is a work copy that I got from family years ago so it's only basic stuff )

I mean for eps 5+ I can run it perfectly fine with out switching settings.
Sheep_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 10:03   Link #4890
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Well, the thing is switching settings is a necessity so that the Japanese characters can be rendered, which can then be translated by the English Patch.

Since you're an admitted pirate, just look for a torrent of the East Asian Language Pack or something.
Old 2010-10-27, 15:50   Link #4891
lambdabern
Magical Cheff

wow witch hunt really is awesome!!!your patches reaaaaally helped!!can't wait for ep 7 any idea about whether ep7 patch will be out before Christmas????
lambdabern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 17:05   Link #4892
Reinako
チェックメイト・・・

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambdabern View Post
wow witch hunt really is awesome!!!your patches reaaaaally helped!!can't wait for ep 7 any idea about whether ep7 patch will be out before Christmas????
I think this has been talked about before, but the patch will be done when it's done... It might come out before then, or it might not, we just kind of have to be patient for it. You can always check here for the percentages on EP7, though they may not be up-to-date. ^^;
Reinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 17:16   Link #4893
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinako View Post
I think this has been talked about before, but the patch will be done when it's done... It might come out before then, or it might not, we just kind of have to be patient for it. You can always check here for the percentages on EP7, though they may not be up-to-date. ^^;
I really don't think this needs to be said every single time people ask this sort of question. Let the question be asked if it's gonna be and Witch Hunt can decide to respond or not. We really don't need mediators for this.

I myself am not trying to start a fight either, just stating my honest opinion.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 01:22   Link #4894
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambdabern View Post
Not to be taken as a guarantee or official statement or anything, but I think that's very likely, considering that Comiket is 12/29-31 and there's usually some margin of time between the final patch release and the release of the next game.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 01:57   Link #4895
Reinako
チェックメイト・・・

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
I really don't think this needs to be said every single time people ask this sort of question. Let the question be asked if it's gonna be and Witch Hunt can decide to respond or not. We really don't need mediators for this.

I myself am not trying to start a fight either, just stating my honest opinion.
No worries. Thank you for letting me know.

But I'm quite anxious for EP7 myself, as well as EP8, ahaha. It'll definitely be exciting. But I also really don't want it to end.

So my question (if it hasn't been asked yet): How does Witch Hunt feel about the last two Episodes of Umineko? Are you relieved that it's nearly over or does it feel disappointing that the project is almost done?
Reinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 06:19   Link #4896
lambdabern
Magical Cheff

Quote:
oh well thanks for the fast reply.!!can't wait!!!
lambdabern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 11:54   Link #4897
chronotrig

Quote:
No worries. Thank you for letting me know.

But I'm quite anxious for EP7 myself, as well as EP8, ahaha. It'll definitely be exciting. But I also really don't want it to end.

So my question (if it hasn't been asked yet): How does Witch Hunt feel about the last two Episodes of Umineko? Are you relieved that it's nearly over or does it feel disappointing that the project is almost done?
In a way, it's definitely a relief to have it done and out of the way. There's more than a bit of stress when you have to juggle so many little things and still get it out on time. But yeah, I for one will definitely miss translating Umineko.

By the way, the 16% EP7 patch should be coming out either on or before this coming weekend.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 14:17   Link #4898
Keriaku
Thought Being

Wonderful news, Chronotrig.
I figured you're deleted post meant something!
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 14:36   Link #4899
moichispa
Endless witch

wow great you have been working so hard lately .

even if my computer is broken and it will not get it to work before the release almost with certainly I had to cheer you guys.

Thanks for the news and for your hard work but remember not to overdo yourselves too much ok?
Old 2010-10-28, 14:40   Link #4900
assirra

Your statement just totaly made my evening Chronotrig.
Thank you very much xD.
assirra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation